**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

anyone see the camo RLX bubble jacket anywhere?

edit: nvm found it. looked like a lighter camo in the esquire magazine. gonna check macy's tomorrow and see how it fits (if it's there).

Last edited:
:lol: :rofl: :lol:

$295 if they were smart? No one cares about this bear sweater enough to justify that price. I don't wanna hear any of that "OG Lo head" crap either.
Yeah you say that now and then watch everyone will be giving up their first born and left nut to get a teddy sweater.

Last edited:
Yeah you say that now and then watch everyone will be giving up their first born and left nut to get a teddy sweater.

X2, if they made teddy bear sweaters every couple of years, maybe nobody wouldn't care, but remember the last bear sweater knit came out in 2001, that goes for the red executive and the sit down flag outlet bear, that was over ten years, old and new Lo heads will be coping it just for the sake of getting it....imagine if they only released retro Jordan's every 5 years let alone 10 years

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

$295 if they were smart? No one cares about this bear sweater enough to justify that price. I don't wanna hear any of that "OG Lo head" crap either.

Yet at the same time, we have dudes calling for retros of pieces that retailed at like $695 years ago and command thousands on the secondary market.

Plenty of Bear Sweaters can be found for less than $295. If people want Bear sweaters that badly, then just go find them and buy them.

And, FTR, I agree with the suggested price tag. If I was RL, I would put the price for the new "retro" Bear in line with the sucker prices for older pieces.

Last edited:

$295 is light work, you begged for nike air on cement 3's you think nike was going to charge $130?

This x hunna

You know what's going to happen, right?...

This joint is going to drop at like 300. All the young boys are going to go ham. The resale market is going to shoot up to like 450+. Then, because of sheer volume, that sweater is going to be a "hot item" and its value is going to be all out of wack. Like, kids will be looking for that Bear, and you'll be like, look, for the same price, I'll give you a #2 bear, or a Ski Bear, and those kids are going to say, no - I want that navy preppy one. ...The same way, the fake plastic retro 11s actually are in higher demand than 2001s and OGs. You are going to have all these people flirting with dropping power piece money on retro bears.

The question is what happens after that. Do those who stick around for a while now operate with that price for a standard Bear sweater as their baseline, and then begin to shell out even more for other Bears, once they learn about them? Basically the rising tide that lifts all boats? Should I just gobble up everything Bear-related I can right now and wait for this monkey wrench to hit a bunch of young boys in the head?

I don't think the Polo craze is going to last much longer. The kids will move on to something else here soon. Hopefully before the sweater drops.

Well I called RL then was told to email the RL vintage and I will get a response in 48hrs, I asked for retail price and release date...etc. so hopefully I will have more info...I've been watching eBay for years and the price is relatively the same about $250-350 a bear sweater and more for power bears (grandpa, cashmere, martini..etc) other times you can get lucky I bought a navy grandpa bear for $200 with tags BIN, and I saw a green exec for for $215 bin last week...when it comes to everyone one else (newbies and such) can't worry about that, but the ebay hustle will surely boost price maybe double at first chance...

I see why so many people stopped posting in this thread lmao. I can't remember the last time a Polo item flew off the shelves and caused all of this demand and hype you guys speak of. How in the hell do you base the anticipated msrp of an unreleased sweater on the market value of a 12 year old sweater that 99.8 % of the world could care less about? I'll get mine from Macy's on sale just like every other sought after piece.

Not sheriff posted but check your marshalls, saw the olive kayak exp. polo there today for 59.99, they also had some wingtip type shoes with an olive upper and a clay midsole in almost a full size run for 49.99

I see why so many people stopped posting in this thread lmao. I can't remember the last time a Polo item flew off the shelves and caused all of this demand and hype you guys speak of. How in the hell do you base the anticipated msrp of an unreleased sweater on the market value of a 12 year old sweater that 99.8 % of the world could care less about? I'll get mine from Macy's on sale just like every other sought after piece.

It was just a couple of months ago hype for the chambray indian head button up, at the end of the day we are talking sticker price, not the actual price being paid at the register, many sweaters have msrp well over $500 and it doesn't mean you have to pay that amount. People stopped posting because there panties get all bunched up over a few words on a message board...

It was just a couple of months ago hype for the chambray indian head button up, at the end of the day we are talking sticker price, not the actual price being paid at the register, many sweaters have msrp well over $500 and it doesn't mean you have to pay that amount. People stopped posting because there panties get all bunched up over a few words on a message board...
I actually got one of the last chambray indian head shirts in the RLS (ralph lauren stores) for 35.99 , i lucked out that it was being used in a window haha..besides that, I know people who spent $795 on the Spring 13 Indian head pullover, then I knew some people that got it as low as $400 on sale...after that you had zero luck finding one unless you know someone who works in RL or takes the time to hunt it down for you. Retro-ish RL normally flys off the shelves.

where are you located?

Pics of said "sought after pieces" please...

Look, there hasn't been a bear knit released in like a decade. RL knows that the demos of bear line skew in the 18 - 35 demo, and frankly, spending big money on clothes has become a lot more commonplace for younger folks now than it has been in the past.

Simple inflation would account for a jump of about $70 based on roughly a 200 price point in '01.

I don't see how RL would consider pricing a new Bear below 250, and I could see well above 300.

Sure, nobody paid retail for most even power items back in the day. But, I think a retro bear sweater would fly off the shelves - it would certainly sell out online the same day it drops, if it's available on line.

Again, I'm not defending this. I got most of my 90s Bear knits at outlets for like 80 - 150 bucks. ...But, I also got '94 Retro 1s and 3s for 39.99. The world has changed.

Last edited:
That 13' chief head logo was so poorly done. The arrows and lack of color in the logo was a huge miss by RL. But you're right, the love for the 94 really did push these off the shelves.

Back
Top Bottom