The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

The kid Zverev is beating the brakes off of Gregor right now. 

I don't even want to talk about Madrid. 

Last edited:
Light reading material.

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

Nole has a pretty tough draw in Rome. Rafa, Raonic, Monfeces and Scumbag Kyrgios are all in his quarter.

I don't think Grigor has won a match since having that meltdown.

I was so happy. Then the second and third set happened.

I hope Rafa sleeps early tonight. get all the rest. 4 hour best of 3 set match coming up. lol. 

When was the last time Nole got bageled?
I think I read that it was Cincy 2012.  

But Bellucci was unplayable... blasting be ball left, right and center.  

If Nole plays like this again, it'll make things interesting for Rafa. 

And also Berdych...
eek.gif

nerd.gif

Last edited:

And also Berdych...
eek.gif

nerd.gif
Didn't watch the match (was he hurt/sick?), but that was really disappointing to see from a top 10 guy like Berdych. This isn't the first time he's been in this situation, either (Nole was one point away from giving him a double bagel a couple years ago in Beijing, but luckily for Tomas, Chokovic showed up)... Anyway, 2016 has not been a great year for him.

#RIPBerdycH&M

Didn't watch the match (was he hurt/sick?), but that was really disappointing to see from a top 10 guy like Berdych. This isn't the first time he's been in this situation, either (Nole was one point away from giving him a double bagel a couple years ago in Beijing, but luckily for Tomas, Chokovic showed up)... Anyway, 2016 has not been a great year for him.

#RIPBerdycH&M
I didn't watch it, but check out these stats.

Berd only won 35% 1st serve points and 7% (seven?!) 2nd serve points.  That's ridiculous.

Then the winners/UFE... yikes.

CiRrLpdWsAA6iiJ.jpg

Rafa will be thinking about that setpoint with the missed dropshot, but he played well.  Nole was pushed and came up with the goods.  Just too good. 

What a battle between Nole and Kei.  Did not realize Kei could be this good on clay.  Very impressive.  But with Nole playing a long night match and a quick turn-around time before the final (20 hrs I think), as well as Murray's relatively easier path to the final (let's face it, it was a cakewalk draw), the final will be very interesting. 

Congrats to Andy. I'm really impressed with how well he's been playing on clay. He's starting to look like the biggest threat to Nole in Paris this year.

Nole's bad attitude has resurfaced this week... I wonder if the pressure of winning RG is getting to him?

Muzz's first victory against Nole on clay, was 0-4 previously. Also snaps Djoker's 17-match winning streak against top-ten opponents, courtesy of the ESPN ticker crawl.

Surprised there was no mention of Kyrgios' between-the-legs shot against Nishikori last week.

The man slides on hard courts without hurting his ankle. wet/damp clay should be nothing. 
It's different.  As a member of #NoleFam, you should know that with hardcourts, the slide is more consistent and predictable.

With the rain, it was causing the clay to lump up.  After a while, divots would form with bigger chunks forming.  

I think it was Rio last year where they also had heavy rain and a part of the court had started to break.  What they ended up doing was putting several bags of new, dry clay on it to patch the hole.  

Andy moves around the court differently from Nole, so it likely didn't affect him as much. 

Excellent post SP, TheWindScar31 just doesn't tolerate less than excellence from Nole. Nole needs that kind of motivation.

Back
Top Bottom