The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks those collars are awful.

I remember hearing a tennis commentator say sometime this year that Ruud's goal was to become World No. 1. It seemed like an impossible task in this current era of the Big 3, but now he's literally one win (or an Alcaraz loss) away from making it happen... Crazy.

I need to make a trip to NYC during the U.S. Open. Always wanted to.

Maybe I'll finally make a trip down to Indian Wells next year.

I went over the weekend for the first time and it was pretty incredible. Was there for a day session and amazing the number of people spread across the grounds. Really neat atmosphere.

Was cool to see Alcaraz, Kyrgios, Tiafoe, Pegula, Kvitova, etc etc all in one afternoon.
0DB3FF0A-AC15-4E53-8CB6-417CAE158196.jpeg

491EFE7F-C14D-4A03-8D85-BFBA39F8ED3F.jpeg

FAECF19D-8593-4A74-92FD-FA2BC59B2033.jpeg

Also fun to see random matches like this - the doubles pairing that beat Venus and Serena at Ashe in prime time playing on a side court a few days later.

That said, pulling for Alcaraz tonight. Kid is special.

Been to the Aussie Open a couple of times mainly to catch Federer play.

Love going to it, its like a giant amusement park for tennis fans. Even if you're not a hardcore tennis fan will still be able to enjoy the event with lots of things going on with free concerts and all.

One thing i like about going to a Grand Slam is watching the matches on the outside courts being so close to the action. Seeing how the pros hit the accuracy and power is impressive. Even just watching them train is fun.

collar is ugly for sure, but why are they wearing the exact same shirt? same colors and everything. Nike gotta outfit Tiafoe with a blue version or something like Sinner.

just because its Queens/NYC you don't have to pander to the Mets and Knicks :lol: Kyrgios with that jersey looking shirt was blatant.

Scumbag Kyrgios is known to be a huge basketball/Celtics fan, so the jersey makes sense for him. He'll usually walk on (and off) the court in a pair of J's. Really, he just kinda wears/does whatever the hell he wants. 😅 But yeah, I think Nike should give their players at least three different outfit options.

First set to Big Foe. That point that led into the tiebreak was insane.

kinda wish the match kept going... alcaraz is legit and I'm glad it finally shows with his first major final... kinda glad rafa lost wouldnt want to see him get washed tonight in the semis lol

It feels bad seeing Ons losing two Grand Slam finals in a row. I do think she'll have another chance at winning a major in the future... maybe Wimbledon next year?

Congrats to Iga on her third major. Great way to finish the GS slam season after her big run earlier this year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom