The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

No one will ever make a sport look so effortless the way Roger did. Gonna miss this guy.

Really disappointed we didn’t get a final “CHUM JETZE!”

Whenever the camera panned to Rafa after the match... 😭

The peRFect role model of an athlete. What an amazing career Roger has had. Out of all his amazing accomplishments, the one that's the most mind blowing to me is that he never retired from a match in his entire career.

Happy to say that I was able to see him play at Indian Wells over the past few years.

Roger is a legend... besides Rafa hes one of my favorite players... he plays with so much grace and hes just a genuine person that is easy to relate to and easy to like... whenever he tears up like that after the game I feel like tearing up too lol...Im a miss watching him play... with that being said I wish I got to watch him play live but never did...

I am the biggest Sampras fan in the world but this guy is the greatest of all time.

Number of slams are not the measure of greatness IMO. The dominance, the longevity, and the sheer grace that he displayed on and off the court will be forever unmatched.

Wow, I don’t think I’ll ever see another athlete in any sport play and move the way the Federer did. Absolute privilege to watch his entire career unfold

Son many memories…

I "won" my first autograph after Wimbledon 2008. We spent a lot of time in the specially set up Nike store at the Wimbledon site. The store raffled off 4 signed items from Nike players. On the day of the final, we were in the store for a very long time and watched parts of the match there.
After the vacation we got an email from the store that we had won one of the autographs. I firmly believe to this day that it was not too coincidental. They made a little boy happy. The Roger Cap still hangs on a wall at home.

And I'll never forget getting my first personal autograph from him as a kid. My mother had ironed one of my Roger bandanas (from the Wimbledon outfit: white with gold) and we had attached it to a cardboard with rubber bands.
Roger was visibly irritated by our construction. The signed bandana is still hanging on the wall next to the cap.

Meldopova tried the same I'm above cheating nonsense too. Her A and B samples were dirty. I think she's a drug cheat.

Can add another country to the list of places I've watched tennis..

Diriyah Tennis Cup in Saudi Arabia.

PXL_20221209_141149028.jpg

How's the atmosphere been? Haven't watched any matches, but from the pics, doesn't look quite full.

How's the atmosphere been? Haven't watched any matches, but from the pics, doesn't look quite full.

Definitely not quite full..

I would say around 1500 in the stands this evening for the Daniil V Stan match.

More expats / foreigners who currently work in Riyadh in attendance than local Saudis, but there were some there.

The atmosphere was ok, some cheering and clapping for good shots and long rallies.

Not the easiest of venue's to get to so that didn't help, and with the China President in town, made it a little difficult to move around, especially yesterday with rolling road closures.

A fun time for someone who hasn't seen live tennis in a little while.

Only seen episode 1 but if you follow the tour consistently its decent entertainment but not great, definitely aimed at the non-tennis watching crowd.

Back
Top Bottom