The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Was also rooting for Dom, but shame he couldn't get it done in the 5th.
Also a shame for Milos! He played so well, esp in the 1st!

Good effort by Reeeshard in the 1st set, but it was always gonna be a steep downhill after that.

Junior runner-up last year and big win against Ons this year, Andreeva doing really well.

Garcia undoing all the good work against Osaka with the loss.

Sakkari another seed on her way out.

Last edited:
Andreeva's very talented, but 0 & 2??? Onsssssssss... 💀

Novak on the ropes for the 2nd match in a row. I didn't necessarily have him as the fav coming in, but at this point, week-2 looks iffy.

Annnnnnd Sakkari's out.

Emma was going for the neck lol

I remember the US Open final a few years back seems like both of their careers have stalled (granted Emma had some major injuries)

Emma's been unlucky with her health, but her game has zero margin... going for all her shots and can be so hit or miss. I dunno what happened to her in the 3rd set (our feed decided to go to Rune 🙄 after showing us 2 sets of Emma-Wang), but it looked like she wasn't feeling well. It can be frustrating to watch her cuz she can be so good and so bad.

But that Rybakina-Blinkova madness tho! 😱😱😱

Had a feeling Burel could beat Pegula. A lot of players showing up to the court thinking it’s gonna be a cake walk and getting whooped.

TIL coaches can coach from the box now, been seeing Goran screaming at Novak and Im wondering why that’s not a violation lol

Back
Top Bottom