The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nike will correct that, with cancellations, they'll be apart of a restock.. and with the blantant abuse of the early link, im sure nike will take further steps to prevent that from occurring again.

but really how stupid are you to purchase something before its ever tweeted... sometimes greed gets in the way of common sense
I really hope they correct this by Monday. I'd like at least a chance to select my size and check out. Hell, even if I get a error that my size is sold out, I'd be content. (Not really, but you know what I mean)

How was it possible to get the breds this morning without an early link? Bro it was OOS right when it was tweeted, it's crazy.
So not even fair.
It seems ridiculous to be in the bot thread whining about fairness.  I was able to grab breds with a bot this morning, would have been able to grab 2 but I experimented with something that didn't work out.  Even though I never had much interest in an early link, after today I want no parts of the early link and the potential issues that come with its use.

it all makes sense. BANned 1s drop..... prelude 4 orders all lead to account BANs..... Illuminike is hard at work 
sick.gif

roll.gif

So not even fair.
nike will correct that, with cancellations, they'll be apart of a restock.. and with the blantant abuse of the early link, im sure nike will take further steps to prevent that from occurring again.

but really how stupid are you to purchase something before its ever tweeted... sometimes greed gets in the way of common sense

Many things get messed up due to the lack of common sense :lol:

Can anyone confirm this? I'm sure someone in this thread had resources to get thru.

Additionally, does a ban consist of just shutting down an account? Or is it somehow IP based?

Can anyone confirm this? I'm sure someone in this thread had resources to get thru.

Additionally, does a ban consist of just shutting down an account? Or is it somehow IP based?

Once you're ban. I believe your address, name, billing, and IP get block.

exactly that.
cool.  thanks for the info.  so i could send this from the same account as well?  if my name is jonathan smith, i could do jonathon smith, Jonathon Smith, Jonathon smith, jonathon Smith, etc, all from the same account as long as one has a different casing change from the other?  thanks in advance i appreciate the help, and this thread has definitly been a big help to me.  i hope they dont shut it down.

first time using a bot this morning for the Breds. i used a twitter link grabber and that thing was SOLD OUT. how the heck does that happen? are there SUPERIOR bots or something?
mean.gif
yeah.  some bots are MUCH better than other ones.  ive found link grabbers arent all that effective.  the more effective bots use the twitter streaming api so that the link is clicked right before it shows up on the page.  also, that is still no guarantee, and im sure that there are better bots than i have used as well.  at least i would assume there to be.

Does anyone have any idea why the basic twitterscan script would grab links other than those posted by NDC all of a sudden?
mine did that two weeks ago, but was fixed this week and last.  im guessing your bot may need an update.

does anyone know how I can transfer files to an amazon windows ec2 instance. ? I have an rsvp program that I want to run on a compute cloud but cant figure that part out. If you can help I can rsvp for you for all the next releases for free

i used the bot that was posted in this thread several pages back, and the breds were OOS for me.
I had the same problem, although my bot didn't exactly work properly.  

yeah.  some bots are MUCH better than other ones.  ive found link grabbers arent all that effective.  the more effective bots use the twitter streaming api so that the link is clicked right before it shows up on the page.  also, that is still no guarantee, and im sure that there are better bots than i have used as well.  at least i would assume there to be.
That's the bot I was trying to create, but I know nothing about scripting.  I want one that uses the twitter steaming api.  I have the free one that I found in this thread, and it just refreshes the twitter home page every second.  

mine did that two weeks ago, but was fixed this week and last.  im guessing your bot may need an update.
I guess it does need an update.  What did you do to update yours? I ended up creating a new twitter account, and only following 4 people to make sure that there are no other links posting during crunch time.

does anyone know how I can transfer files to an amazon windows ec2 instance. ? I have an rsvp program that I want to run on a compute cloud but cant figure that part out. If you can help I can rsvp for you for all the next releases for free

windows users

I had the same problem, although my bot didn't exactly work properly.  

That's the bot I was trying to create, but I know nothing about scripting.  I want one that uses the twitter steaming api.  I have the free one that I found in this thread, and it just refreshes the twitter home page every second.  

I guess it does need an update.  What did you do to update yours? I ended up creating a new twitter account, and only following 4 people to make sure that there are no other links posting during crunch time.
i made sure i bought a bot that has lifetime updates.  i use supremebots.com but i really think your best bet if your going to buy a bot is to pay someone on odesk or elance to write one for you.  people are writing them for under 200 dollars so it seems like a better deal to get one written custom, and open source, so you can figure out how to update it yourself, or just have someone help you when you need an update, imo

you need an ftp program bro.  like filezilla.  to upload your program to the server....

i made sure i bought a bot that has lifetime updates.  i use supremebots.com but i really think your best bet if your going to buy a bot is to pay someone on odesk or elance to write one for you.  people are writing them for under 200 dollars so it seems like a better deal to get one written custom, and open source, so you can figure out how to update it yourself, or just have someone help you when you need an update, imo
That's the thing I haven't bought anything.  I used the info I read in this thread to fix the add to cart bot, and get the twitter link sniper.  Prior to that I was just doing everything manually.  I actually still do on most releases, and if the bot works so be it.  I have a friend who is a computer programmer.  He wrote my RSVP bot (before the OCR became a factor) and he wrote me a page monitor script that is too complicated for me to even use.  Lol I'm not too savvy when it comes to that stuff.  Eventually I'll trouble him for the Twitter API steaming sniper, but I know it is busy with his own stuff, and frankly I would rather learn so I can fend for myself. 

That's the thing I haven't bought anything.  I used the info I read in this thread to fix the add to cart bot, and get the twitter link sniper.  Prior to that I was just doing everything manually.  I actually still do on most releases, and if the bot works so be it.  I have a friend who is a computer programmer.  He wrote my RSVP bot (before the OCR became a factor) and he wrote me a page monitor script that is too complicated for me to even use.  Lol I'm not too savvy when it comes to that stuff.  Eventually I'll trouble him for the Twitter API steaming sniper, but I know it is busy with his own stuff, and frankly I would rather learn so I can fend for myself. 
i agree.  i think buying a bot becomes a money pit, at least if you get it programmed from someone you know open source, you can study the code and figure out and how it works so you can get it done yourself.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom