The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

What's not trash is Last Guardian. I got a chance to play it behind closed doors and it was a very emotional experience. Not just because of the hype but because of the gameplay and storytelling. Anyone who loves pets/animals will probably be in tears at some point during the game.

The dev team was nice enough to give me this as well.

View media item 2070007

thanks for spoiling the story line, *******.

Kratos_Web.jpg

Son_Web.jpg

View media item 2070694

Last edited:
Sony Addresses The Power Gap Between PS4 Neo and Xbox One Scorpio

“Is that going to be the end-all, be-all of the gaming experience? No,” he said. “I think more than anything else today, we’re seeing the power of narrative move the gaming business forward more than ever before.”
meanwhile on pc:

gtf1080-800.gif

Last edited:
I don't see how he's wrong.
 House said that one of the key motivations for PlayStation 4 Neo was specifically to prevent high-end users from abandoning the product at an earlier point than its natural eight-year lifespan. “We’ve traditionally seen that some of the core audience tends to gravitate back to high-end PCs at some point because these are the people who want the finest graphical performance,” he said. “So here’s a great opportunity to have them stay within our ecosystem.
750x400px-LL-7d73a308_image.gif

After really thinking about it, Scorpio power isn't too surprising. By then we'll be 4 years removed from the X1/PS4 release. As of now, I can't think of reason to buy it seeing as how there won't be any Scorpio exclusives. If anything it makes me want to save and buy a PC.

I don't see how he's wrong.
I don't either and to further talk about the power gap possibly between the Neo and Scorpio i don't think the Neo was ever intended to be about 4K gaming either. The 4K on that was most likely for media support and to help run VR games nicer on the system. I'm interested in what the Scorpio can do and how it can handle 4K gaming if we do see it this console gen

Quantic Dream's Indigo Prophecy remastered for PS4 coming to PS store 7/18, $14.99

Yeah I don't think Sony has to worry too much,especially if they release neo by year's end. They'll have a year head start on Scorpio and they'll be able to beat it on price come next year.

They seemingly have the best chance be successful with vr (huge install base + lower price entry.)

And if the Scorpio does start gaining ground (and it's gonna be a lot of ground to make up) Sony can put out a ps5 with 10 teraflops or whatever 2-3 years later.

I've been telling you guys for years the bundle is coming. Just wait. This was all planned a long time ago.
Yep. But I've beaten both collections so far anyways just waiting on 2.8. Doubt I'd be willing to put the time into playing the games again if it dropped on the ps4 tho

Don't see what's wrong with that either.

Last gen went on for longer than normal and towards the end the performance gap between PS360 games and PC became huge so people were jumping ship. Notice he said "some of our core audience"

A mid gen update will stop that or delay it. It's only the core audience so they won't lose everyone since consoles still get the bulk of sales for most third party games.

But even if for example 5 million people jumped shipped and bought 5 games on PC instead of the PS4. Games that would have been $60

That's 5 mil x 5 x $13 (Last price I saw for royalties) = $325 Million.

That's a ton of money

After really thinking about it, Scorpio power isn't too surprising. By then we'll be 4 years removed from the X1/PS4 release. As of now, I can't think of reason to buy it seeing as how there won't be any Scorpio exclusives. If anything it makes me want to save and buy a PC.

Yea, if Neo comes out this year then the power gap will be fine since they're a year apart.

Also both Neo and Scorpio won't have exclusives so they're tied down since they have to be compatible with their older siblings. Scorpio will have VR exclusives since the OG Xbone can't run VR games but apart from that both won't see their full potential since games won't be targeting their specs but instead will be targeting the specs of the older hardware then whatever juice is left can be used to increase framerate, graphics or output to 4K.

This is why I don't think Sony will be bothered about Scorpios specs because they will have the time and price advantage and also because the updated consoles are still cuffed to the old ones.

If it was a PS5, XBone 2 scenario and Sony's was that much weaker then they would have had to go back to the drawing board unless they were releasing much earlier.

Back
Top Bottom