The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Man yall need to get over this ps>ms and vice versa. Both have positives and negatives. Plus most of us have both unless you a broke boi.

(Personal opinion) I think there will be multiple tiers of the console. $399 base.

Was shocked to see this come out today. Someone must have gotten wind of an Xbox info dump coming soon. There’s still more info to come obviously this isn’t everything. The next piece of hardware from Sony still has some aces up its sleeve.

Do you think this drops this year?

A0B61FDF-07A0-4220-83FD-25B88B37D6B4.jpeg
Maybe you won’t want to play that version? :wink:

Can someone break down the specs?

What exactly is Ray tracing?

What does eight cores of the 7nm Zen 2 microarchitecture do?

(Personal opinion) I think there will be multiple tiers of the console. $399 base.

Was shocked to see this come out today. Someone must have gotten wind of an Xbox info dump coming soon. There’s still more info to come obviously this isn’t everything. The next piece of hardware from Sony still has some aces up its sleeve.

Never got my pin sir. Your opinion doesn't matter to me. :tongue::lol:

mjgrin.png

BC is nice, but gimme Bloodborne: Grant us Eyes Edition. 4K 60fps Launch Day (8k 30fps update for ps5 pro)

I beat Genichiro !!! Whooo that took awhile.

Beat the version of him in the rooftop area tonight too. Took me a while as well. His last phase reminded me of bloodborne where sometimes I’d be panicking and it’d make a boss so much more difficult than it actually was. And once I calmed down I realized how doable it was.

Woulda been cool though if we were able to practice the lightning reflect move on the undead dude though. Or there was a tutorial/video on it. It was mainly because I had zero idea on what to do about the lightning that I’d bug.

Price should be od, can't be having weak systems

But alas, it'll be 399, the number they've seemed to have fallen in love with

Leaks point to 499. There was the reddit leak from December which said 499 but I missed this one which looks more concrete.

Pretty spot on so far for a leak from December. All the following have been confirmed now:

Small reveal before E3
Ray Tracing
8K Upscaling
Special SSD Tech
Zen2 and Navi architecture.

All the above are confirmed so looking at the rest of the leaks this thing is going to be a beast if true. A nice jump from current gen.

14TF GPU compared to the 1.8TF on the PS4 amateur and 4.4TF on the PS4 Pro.
24GB GDDR6 RAM plus 4GB for the OS.

The VR specs though got me the most excited.

Higher resolution
Increased field of view
Eye tracking so foveated rendering will be a thing so it will look a lot better.
Wireless :pimp:
No breaker box
$250 - This I'm not so sure of but would be great if true.

I'm still taking this with a pinch of salt because of the PSVR 2 price and the DS5 specs and how will a developer know about Sony's release schedule.
Camera in the pad sounds extreme but then again they did put a light bar in the pad this gen for PSVR so it's not that far-fetched.
Also the focus on 4K and VR over Ray Tracing also sounds more realistic so it all could be real.

Last edited:
Can someone break down the specs?

What does eight cores of the 7nm Zen 2 microarchitecture do?
Zen2 is the the upcoming CPU architecture from AMD.
This basically means the PS5 will have a CPU which uses that architecture.

Back in the days during the PS4 times the only CPU from AMD that could be used was the Jaguar which wasn't good and was a bottleneck that helped back the CPU. It was a CPU designed for tablets and notebooks but it was the only option since Intel CPU's are too expensive and it makes sense to go with AMD since they make both CPU's and GPU and at a good price for bulk orders.

Fast forward to now and AMD's CPU'S have made leaps and bounds and are better than Intel CPU's in certain areas now.
This means we will get a desktop grade custom CPU in the console not no cheap tablet stuff.

Better CPU means better AI so things like more cars in racing games and they will drive better too or better enemies in games that won't be dumb but can actually work better, so things like flanking you depending on where you are, stuff like that.

7nm means the size of the transistors in the CPU. smaller transistors means you can fit a lot more on a chip so it will be more powerful because it can run a lot more calculations. It also uses less power because it needs less electricity to run due to the smaller size.

In comparison, PS4 CPU's used a 28nm process I believe.

The CPU has 8 cores means better processing because you can split the tasks between the 8 cores if the game is programmed to do so.

Any word if the ps5 will contain a 4K HDR player?

It will have to.
GT Sport is like 90GB on my Hard drive at the moment and RDR2 is massive too. Big games will need the extra space on disk.
Also if they're talking about 8K, there's no way they won't put in a 4K UHD drive inside.

“Cerny also showed off the power of the console's new solid state drive (SSD) with a practical demo. According to Wired, fast-travelling between locations in Insomniac's Spider-Man on a PS4 Pro took 15 seconds. Using a next-gen PlayStation devkit, the same action took 0.8 seconds.”

Maybe I’m lame, but reduced load times is easily the best feature I’ve heard about this new console so far. A bump in graphical fidelity is fine, but games already look good enough. But if I don’t have to wait 10-15 seconds after every time I die in a From software game...that’s real progress.

A wireless PSVR with better screens would be dope though.

Back
Top Bottom