The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I'm tired of all this backlog luggage so Next gen, I'm going with a more stringent approach. :lol:

• Priority will go to Sony 1st party titles, VR and Final Fantasy games. Going for a quality over quantity approach.
  • Final Fantasy VII and XVI will probably be the only JRPGs I play. No more Tales, NI No Kuni, Persona etc.. games I won't end up playing. Lord knows I tried or wanted to try.
  • Gran Turismo will be the only SIM racing game I play. Will try to supplement it with an arcade racer if time permits.
  • Must break Platinum Trophy addiction. No more multiple play throughs, no speed runs, no collectathons. If I need multiple play throughs to see the "Real Ending", I'm watching it on YouTube.
  • Will stop buying Street Fighter, Marvel or fighting games in general. I will never be competent at them. Past two gens I've been like them bald guys trying to comb over hair. Sometimes you just have to let it go.

I like this as well but I have come to terms that a 80% of the games I purchased will not be played*.
Realized this last gen and unplugged my PS3 to make space for my PSVR headset and arcade stick.
All those PS+ games I racked up and said I will get to one day :lol: :smh:

I'm not even trying to platinum majority of my games anymore. I was down for Kingdom Hearts III until I beat it this morning and realized that I wasn't spending all my time doing mini games and collecting ingredients :lol:

I'm getting through the backlog and if a game warrants the platinum, so be it. If not, it's on to the next one.

When you're used to getting plats, it's hard to change your mindset.
Had to force myself to stop looking in every corner of a level or room for some hidden collectible :lol:
I blame Uncharted.

I hope with the PS5's "backwards compatibility support" that they will give us the ability to transfer save files from our PS4 consoles over to the PS5....................especially for #BacklogSquad, that wants a PS5 but still has the PS4 backlog heavy on they shoulders

Been finding myself gaming less and reading more for leisure lately as I get ready to start med school in 2 months. Been playing smash with friends and also played MK11 for the first time at my nephew’s yesterday. I’ll prob keep playing those here and there for the time being for couch multi, but can’t see myself starting a new single player game before then. Maybe lost legacy, or dabbling in sekiro again.

That's the worse part about some platinum trophy runs. Them multiple playthroughs be killer. Like c'mon bruh, your game is already 100+ hours and you want me to play again?

I'm good :lol:

Been finding myself gaming less and reading more for leisure lately as I get ready to start med school in 2 months. Been playing smash with friends and also played MK11 for the first time at my nephew’s yesterday. I’ll prob keep playing those here and there for the time being, but can’t see myself starting a new single player game before then. Maybe lost legacy, or dabbling in sekiro again.
Lost Legacy is top notch. It only lasts about 12 hours, if that.

Lost Legacy is top notch. It only lasts about 12 hours, if that.

Think it might just be because I’ve played soooo many shooters, I have my reservations about what else could there be. On the flipside I’ve beaten/enjoyed UC1-4 and naughty dog always comes correct. So that’s why I just might at some point.

I can honestly say I had a better overall experience and more fun on PS3 era compared to PS4 era.

I think the major reason was because the console battle between XBOX 360 and PS3 era was just intense and pushed better games and competition overall.

This gen with Sony dominating this whole era Sony has gotten a little complacent and played it safe even though they still deliver great story mode exclusive games. But games like Gran Turismo Sport really just fell off hard and just doesn't feel like how GT was in it's prime with GT3 on PS2 and GT5 on PS3 which I put in so many hours into those games.

I never played any GT games but it always baffled me how Sony didn't just port GT6 over to PS4. I wanted to try the franchise for so long and figured that be a good place to start, just not on PS3 :lol:

would have been cool if this gen had some more marquee sci fi/space type games. Last gen had games like gears, mass effect, bioshock, etc.

Bioware being trash was a big miss for the generation imo.

cyberpunk is coming in too late, and can't just assume it'll be great.

Also not enough great new IPs imo.

and as mentioned microsoft didn't come through

What we needed was a new Dead Space game.

I'm not buying Cyberpunk 2077 unless it releases on PS5 as well

Sony first devs like sucker punch honestly didn't deliver this console gen with Infamous second son which was a big let down. Guerilla games gets a pass because HZD was a great game but Killzone Shadow Fall was pretty weak.

I liked Second Son for what it was but I didn't play enough of InFamous 1 or 2 to compare it to. Shadow Fall was cool to look at but that game moved so damn slow. I don't think I'll ever buy or even try another KZ game again :lol:

I feel everything that you guys were saying

And I should let go of fighting games but it is the best genre but I won’t be competitive again or what I used to be. I just can’t justify spending the time.

But yeah always a game but won’t do this again. It in some way has lessoned the overall gaming experience this gen.

for all these great games y'all claim to have
yall always have a backlog

You buy the same games over n over,
Hoping for virtual console again to buy them again lol.

I’m still buying backlog games one day ima be retired with nothing to do lol

Last edited:
would have been cool if this gen had some more marquee sci fi/space type games. Last gen had games like gears, mass effect, bioshock, etc.

Bioware being trash was a big miss for the generation imo.

cyberpunk is coming in too late, and can't just assume it'll be great.

Also not enough great new IPs imo.

and as mentioned microsoft didn't come through

Always felt mass effect was over rated...it’s a cool trilogy don’t get me wrong. But I didn’t feel challenged also didn’t feel my decisions mattered...I chose to let the green alien guy die lol Bought the trilogy box set gonna replay them when I ain’t got nothing to do.

for all these great games y'all claim to have
yall always have a backlog
I have plenty of great games. The problem is time. I had to sit and realize that I just don't have time to play games all day. So many games today are so huge. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it just makes it harder to actually complete a game. Red Dead 2 is a good example for me. I put probably 20-30 hours into it but then something new dropped and I was ready to play that.

I am not up to speed my man. Not sure. I feel like BF1 and BFV are still going hard and haven’t thought about then possibility of another one :pimp:

With that being said it would be cool if they went modern.

Did some reading a little while ago and there's speculation they might go modern like bf4 or we might get BC3.

Back
Top Bottom