The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I am not up to speed my man. Not sure. I feel like BF1 and BFV are still going hard and haven’t thought about then possibility of another one :pimp:

With that being said it would be cool if they went modern.
Apparently CoD is dropping MW4 this year and BO5 next year. I read that Sledgehammer and Raven were pulled off their CoD game which is why we're getting Treyarch's BO5 next year. I say that because if done right, MW4 might be the way ahead for me.

I like BF V but that series hasn't been the same since BF4.

Apparently CoD is dropping MW4 this year and BO5 next year. I read that Sledgehammer and Raven were pulled off their CoD game which is why we're getting Treyarch's BO5 next year. I say that because if done right, MW4 might be the way ahead for me.

I like BF V but that series hasn't been the same since BF4.
I also read somewhere that BO5 might be the last CoD released. We'll see how this year's sales affect that.

I also read somewhere that BO5 might be the last CoD released. We'll see how this year's sales affect that.
Interesting. I forgot to add that there were talks about CoD adopting a free-to-play model so maybe that's where we're headed. I just want to keep playing Blackout, I'm over CoD MP. I'm good for a few matches but I suck now :lol:

I just discovered a newfound reason to turn on my PS4.

20190523_235427.jpg

I'm mad I didn't discover this game sooner. As a big rhythm game fan who still goes to the arcade almost daily, I am IN LOVE.

i definitely want to replay it in vr. when i was playing it i thought some of the parts of the game was tailor made for vr.

I started 2019 with 3 platinums and around 200 trophies just in the month of January.

Since February (and falling back into Destiny 2) I have 24 earned trophies in the following 4+ months. :lol:

2019 was for the backlog.... and I have severely neglected mine.

However, I have only bought 3 or 4 games this year which is a huge improvement over last year.

I hope with the PS5's "backwards compatibility support" that they will give us the ability to transfer save files from our PS4 consoles over to the PS5....................especially for #BacklogSquad, that wants a PS5 but still has the PS4 backlog heavy on they shoulders

I think that's a given and with cloud saves it will be easy.

I can honestly say I had a better overall experience and more fun on PS3 era compared to PS4 era.

I think the major reason was because the console battle between XBOX 360 and PS3 era was just intense and pushed better games and competition overall.

This gen with Sony dominating this whole era Sony has gotten a little complacent and played it safe even though they still deliver great story mode exclusive games. But games like Gran Turismo Sport really just fell off hard and just doesn't feel like how GT was in it's prime with GT3 on PS2 and GT5 on PS3 which I put in so many hours into those games.

I dunno about complacent. All I see is improvement in both Hardware and Software

They're he only ones who cared about VR in the console space and got their studios to make games for it. That's a lot more ambitious than the PS move and Wonderbook and it was the same price as the console at launch.

They began streaming games through PS Now and Remote Play long time before anyone else.

Their first party delivered more this gen than last. The quality has increased immensely. A lot of the studios were given the chance to do something else or go big and every year has had hit after hit in terms of sales or critical reception for both normal and VR games. They've come a long way since this.

upload_2019-5-24_17-59-18.png

Even the non 1st party exclusives were on point too.

GT Sport did what it set out to do very well. Its the best online SIM racer on console and with actual competitions governed by the FIA. It wasn't GT7 but i admit the messaging wasn't the best and it was barebones too at launch but thats not an issue anymore

If they can make the next installment the best of both worlds with the meaty single player and the online as it is now or even improved on the PS5 then everyone will be happy.

Only thing this gen I will criticize Sony on is variety especially the latter part of this gen. Not that it's lacking now but they just had more variety last gen with PS3 and Vita IMO.
VR seems to be where the new and innovative experiences are but as much as I love VR it's not as accessible.

Sony first devs like sucker punch honestly didn't deliver this console gen with Infamous second son which was a big let down. Guerilla games gets a pass because HZD was a great game but Killzone Shadow Fall was pretty weak.

I enjoyed Second Son and First Light a lot but lets see what Sucker Punch can do with Ghosts

Guerilla delievered with HZD and RIGS, Naugthy Dogs delievered with Uncharted 4, Lost Legacy and TLOU 2 is on it;s way. Sony Bend did well with Days Gone. Santa Monica did good with GOW, Japan studios did good with Gravity Rush 2, Astrobot and Bloodborne with Fromsoftware. San Diego keep cranking out MLB and it's always outselling the previous year's version

i had more fun last gen too. but it could be a symptom of times and not the games. because the games have gotten BETTER. but community got much worse. part of the fun of older online juggernauts like socom and cod were talking smack in the game lobbies and chats. now, on either system its RARE to come across anyone using their mic. and honestly that takes away from the experience severely.

closest thing to a everybody is online game we had this gen was destiny 1. felt like EVERYONE was running it. but i havent seen another game that was flat out fun to play with your squad since.

if u remember, back in last gen you could even have a whole party go into a virtual movie theater and all watch a netflix movie together. that stuff simply doesn't exist anymore.

Considering I just got the PS4 in november
I think I'm gonna make the PS5 day 1 and save Death Stranding, TLOU2,GOT, Cyberpunk2077 all as PS5 purchases and just play more of the current gens library. Backwards Compatibility is HUGE plus, I could just get the system and keep my PS4 games to play depending on release dates for the newer games, but I'm definitely not trying to play any of those huge releases on PS4 if the PS5 is in a sense right around the corner.

It's gonna be hard, especially when those games actually drop though

i had more fun last gen too. but it could be a symptom of times and not the games. because the games have gotten BETTER. but community got much worse. part of the fun of older online juggernauts like socom and cod were talking smack in the game lobbies and chats. now, on either system its RARE to come across anyone using their mic. and honestly that takes away from the experience severely.

closest thing to a everybody is online game we had this gen was destiny 1. felt like EVERYONE was running it. but i havent seen another game that was flat out fun to play with your squad since.

if u remember, back in last gen you could even have a whole party go into a virtual movie theater and all watch a netflix movie together. that stuff simply doesn't exist anymore.

The problem with online gaming during this console gen is that every single major publisher from Ubisoft, EA, R*, and even Sony is that the gaming industry has gotten more greedy with micro transactions and locking content behind pay walls.PS+ was started last gen on PS3 but this console gen Sony has steadily raised prices on subscription while releasing pretty weak free monthly games. The flash discount sales that come up I don't bother looking at and never buy anything from the PS Store.

I hope Sony adds a time tracker in PS5. I like to know how much time I'm actually putting into a game.

I think the reason I have such a huge backlog now compared to my PS3 is because for me last gen was dominated by Assassin's Creed. There was literally a new AC dropping every year with a 20-30 hour campaign + all the side missions. Yeah, that was damn near the only thing I played last gen.

The problem with online gaming during this console gen is that every single major publisher from Ubisoft, EA, R*, and even Sony is that the gaming industry has gotten more greedy with micro transactions and locking content behind pay walls.PS+ was started last gen on PS3 but this console gen Sony has steadily raised prices on subscription while releasing pretty weak free monthly games. The flash discount sales that come up I don't bother looking at and never buy anything from the PS Store.
Agree also should add we shouldnt have to pay for ps+ and xboxlive just to pay certain games.

Sony also for better and worse was the company who started putting out re mastered games last console gen.

If they didn't I would have never gotten into God Of War. I didn't play them during PS2 era.

But it's annoying when games like Shadow Of The Colossus got remastered and re released on both PS3 & PS4 era's.

Back
Top Bottom