The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

My bro is trying to find the PS4 bundle for $199, is there any place online that is selling it? They all look to be an in store/doorbuster exclusive.

792AC441-69E8-4A51-90D1-AC89A8ED3318.jpeg

Just happy that picture isn’t from our studio. I guarantee someone is in trouble over that and they know who it is. Also if you didn’t know, the PS4 and PS4 pro kits are pictured.

Obviously you get the pieces from Sony and Xbox with stipulations. But is it that big of a deal really when this will never be released into the public? It’s sort of like a big rig PC that’s just optimized for the develops use and testing.

Picked up Hitman 2 for the low.

Same. I actually had it ordered at BB for $19 and canceled it and got it for $15 at Target.

My BF haul was:

-Devil May Cry 5 $15
-Devil May Cry HD Collection $12
-Ace Combat 7 $15
-Hitman 2 $15
-Crash Team Racing $15
-Sonic Team Racing $15
-Control $25

Last edited:
I have played a **** load of Death Stranding. :emoji_thumbsup: GOTY material. :emoji_thumbsup:Best walking simulator ever. :emoji_thumbsup:

Some general thoughts:
+ The traversal hooked me immediately. It's a game where you have to be measured in your approach. The terrain is hostile. You have to consider nearly everyone of your steps. I find it to be really immersive. Navigating this world still feels good 80+ hours later.

+The online aspect is cool. Ropes, ladders, and other structures are everywhere. didn't build roads during the playthrough in part because I thought they would be built by other players. That didn't happen.

+ I was ok with that because roads protect you from hostiles and I wanted to have to deal with them. I would take my vehicle as far as I could go, then take it the rest of the way on foot. Now that I'm doing deliveries post-game, I'm getting those roads up. They're super helpful. :lol:. Same thing with the zip-lines.

+The game looks phenomenal. The total visual package is on point. (see below)

+ It is a technically sound video game sold as a complete package.

\ The story isn't why I kept playing the game. I enjoyed most of the cast, and there are some good performances. However, some of the writing is horriawful. I was more satisfied with the ending than I expected to be FWIW.

\The combat is trivial. The MULEs are easy to dispatch, which is kinda ok because you're only in their camps to take their resources anyway. The horn honking is STRESSFUL though, every time.

\The BT's don't pose much threat after a short while. I basically stopped taking anti-BT weapons just to give it more challenge. The encounters are essentially the same from beginning to end.

-The boss fights are a letdown. They don't change much from beginning to end.

-The private room stuff mostly sucks. Too many repeated cut scenes. It didn't need to be so cumbersome.

-There is an excessive amount of menuing. It can take some time to learn how to streamline the process.

-The main campaign could be shorter.

Just started Death Stranding. :smokin Game is absolutely GORGEOUS.

Indeed!

w9zQxZ3L_o.png

aQjzdCud_o.png

sUXpCvos_o.png

NcCIe7Ex_o.png

PgPiKYyJ_o.png

a9KH3MdL_o.png

QTWi0bU2_o.png

Game needs a proper photo mode!

Probably upgrading to a ps4 pro today. Kinda pissed I missed the DS bundles at GameStop. Hoping to trade in my ps4 and Xbox 1s towards purchase of a pro. Will probably trade in some controllers etc as well. Really not trying to come outta pocket much.

Is it really worth upgrading to a PS4 Pro? Especially at this point?

I have a 2015 PS4 slim and I’m happy with it and my 4K tv makes things look plenty pretty in HDR but I’ve been told that’s because I don’t know what I’m missing.

I’ve become a fan of remote play via my iPhone and I’d like 1080P if possible.
My Xbox is also collecting dust so I wouldn’t mind getting one last benefit from it via the trade.

I have my launch day ps4 still and don’t plan on upgrading to ps5 for a couple months post release. For the 20 bucks or so I will pay after the trade I’m not bugging.

I also plan to keep my ps4 pro for a long while.

How long is the discounted PS plus one year deal gonna stand on Rakuten? Been so busy as of late I rarely get time to play online anymore but I’ve been having Street Fighter withdrawals and need to bless some noobs

Back
Top Bottom