The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

so u think that means they will be ready to sell that day or week
ala how apple does it???
yeah ok man :lol:
That's my point lol.... of course I don't think Sony is releasing it immediately after announcing it.... the way it's worded in that rumor makes it seem that way though

why would anyone pre-order that early

This is why you pre-order :lol:
PS4 launch was madness :lol:

But I remember the PS4 being sold out on Amazon after E3 2013 for months . I pre-ordered mine the day it went up and apart from a late delivery driver it was all good whereas i knew a few people looking for one come launch day and couldn't find one.

I’m expecting $499 but will pay $599 if that’s the case. Definitely not buying one for the kids until later; all they play is Fortnite, Apex and Brawlhalla, all F2P games :lol:

I expect $499, but am hoping for $479 or $449 for Sony's sake so they can keep the price point advantage. (I'm obviously assuming Microsoft is pricing at $499 or more).

I think $499 is more than fair for the kind of specs both companies are talking about, and the fact that it will have been 7 years since the current gen launched, but I don't see the public caring regardless of whatever is inside the box. People seem to fixate on a price point for games and systems regardless of bleeding edge tech leaps or inflation. People paid last $399 last gen, and somehow expect $399 this gen too. It's somewhat unreasonable, but that's what these companies have to contend with. I think a $50-$60 difference in price between xbox and ps5 at launch could end up being huge in deciding who ultimately comes out on top.

If anyone needs to reup their PS+ sub CDKeys has a year for $36. I had never used the site before but a bunch on slickdeals vouched for it. I bit the bullet and tried it out, got a code instantly.

Clutch because my sub was gonna renew at full price in a cpl weeks on Feb 6.

If you want multiples make sure you do 1 at a time so there are no issues

People paying 1299 for iPads and Phones yearly at this point. $599-699 is fine esp with the specs we are discussing. Not sure why some of you are worried about some advantage over M$ price point wise. Y’all too old for that fanboy ish. These sales don’t go into your pockets, worry about what YOU like and what YOU want to play/pay.

i never watched DBZ as a kid (i’m 31) tried to get into it a couple times watching from the beginning and i found it rough/boring

but i always wanted to see what it’s about. would i enjoy this kakorot game without knowing DBZ storylines?

People paying 1299 for iPads and Phones yearly at this point. $599-699 is fine esp with the specs we are discussing. Not sure why some of you are worried about some advantage over M$ price point wise. Y’all too old for that fanboy ish. These sales don’t go into your pockets, worry about what YOU like and what YOU want to play/pay.

And you don’t have to worry about people talking about the business side of Playstation. It’s merely a topic of conversation. One doesn’t have to be an investor or fanboy to talk about it.

i never watched DBZ as a kid (i’m 31) tried to get into it a couple times watching from the beginning and i found it rough/boring
out of curiosity:

-maybe start with dragonball if you haven't seen it?
-subtitled or dubbed?

but i always wanted to see what it’s about. would i enjoy this kakorot game without knowing DBZ storylines?

It picks up when they get to the Android/Cell Saga.
Teen Gohan was the truth

$599 wouldn’t bother me, but I do think I’m in the minority in feeling that way.

Also, while people do spend a grip on phones, I think there are a couple of key differences there. One, a phone at $1100 is simply a better value than a console at $599 based on usage case scenarios: I can call my mom, browse NT, pay bills, scan documents, use GPS, take photos/videos, etc. A console is mostly for games and movies, videos.

the second difference, which these console makers should adopt, is few people have to shell out full MSRP for a phone at purchase, it’s either rolled into the plan or some other installment payment system. If Sony and MS could find a way to split a console price over 36 months, they could easily get the consumer to stomach 599-699.

Not saying its legit or completely false but I for 1 love reading all the speculation and supposed leaks, since we will eventually get the truth and it's fun to speculate on PS5. That being said someone dropped some tidbits about PS5 on reddit

things that stood out to me and are crazy specific features:
- Key features of PlayStation 5 include:
· The ability to have 3 games and multiple media functionalities suspended while you play a 4th game.
· The ability to have different states of the same game running at the same time.
· In the cloud you can have as many games suspended as you like. You can use the cloud to resume a game on your console after months of playing other game exactly where you left off or of course any other platform through the cloud.
· Save data, screenshots and video clips can be offloaded to the cloud to free up hard drive space.
· Rigorous amounts of data and statistics for you to view about your games and platform use.
· Backwards Compatibility for all PlayStation Formats.

the entire post in the

$599 wouldn’t bother me, but I do think I’m in the minority in feeling that way.

Also, while people do spend a grip on phones, I think there are a couple of key differences there. One, a phone at $1100 is simply a better value than a console at $599 based on usage case scenarios: I can call my mom, browse NT, pay bills, scan documents, use GPS, take photos/videos, etc. A console is mostly for games and movies, videos.

the second difference, which these console makers should adopt, is few people have to shell out full MSRP for a phone at purchase, it’s either rolled into the plan or some other installment payment system. If Sony and MS could find a way to split a console price over 36 months, they could easily get the consumer to stomach 599-699.

Great counter argument, and I actually agree with it. Makes sense when you put it that way.

Back
Top Bottom