The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

what does this mean lol?
This is a pretty good breakdown of what Xbox has to offer which is close to what the PS5 will be offering(sans a few features like the GPU and certain bandwidths/clock-speeds). If you really want to know you'll pay attention, if you're not really interested than it will be hard to get interested in. :wink:

dotfr6o7kgn41.jpg
:lol: People are downplaying either of these? These are absolute beasts.

I think the question is just how do the specs really relate to gamers.
so for the sake of my own idiocy...

Does the Xbox having a "better" GPU translate to games playing better/faster? Aka more renderings, more Frames per second better graphics in general?

We all know it basically comes down to the games and i don't even own a 4k tv so honestly this is all moot to me personally, i will probably end up with which ever console is cheaper a year after release when i get around to buying one...but just figured id ask the stupid question

We need someone who’s unbiased and tech savvy to really break these specs down :lol:

Seems to me that regardless of your choice of console, you’ll experience a nice upgrade from current gen to next gen.

Can you go into it more, Famous Latino Singer?

Break it down some for the lesser tech savvy dudes.
Mark Antony the Roman, not the Mark Anthony the singer sir. I dunno how to put it, but basically both are like if you built a fast as **** current gaming pc with top of the line specs, that runs every game at its highest quality setting, costing say about $2000 or better (rough estimate). And you're going to get that for around 400 bucks or whatever.

Mark Antony the Roman, not the Mark Anthony the singer sir. I dunno how to put it, but basically both are like if you built a fast as **** current gaming pc with top of the line specs, that runs every game at its highest quality setting, costing say about $2000 or better (rough estimate). And you're going to get that for around 400 bucks or whatever.
Damn I’m in.

Or you build your own PC and join the master race.
I’m really thinking of doing that. PS5 and PC for next gen and I’ll be set. I’m just trying to research and learn as much as I can about building it. Assembling the pieces seems enough but I’m worried about troubleshooting issues like the OS bot installing right. I don’t want to rely on internet forums to fix all my issues that I’ll most likely run into.

The PS5 has almost 2x the I/O TP, which means it can move faster data compare to the Series X. Also, it has better SSD support for 3rd party, while MS has there own version.

:lol: People are downplaying either of these? These are absolute beasts.

Yup,
People thought these consoles wouldn't be near a 2070.

I think the question is just how do the specs really relate to gamers.
so for the sake of my own idiocy...

Does the Xbox having a "better" GPU translate to games playing better/faster? Aka more renderings, more Frames per second better graphics in general?

We all know it basically comes down to the games and i don't even own a 4k tv so honestly this is all moot to me personally, i will probably end up with which ever console is cheaper a year after release when i get around to buying one...but just figured id ask the stupid question
Xsex will defo have better resolution and even then, the difference is less than PS4 vs XBone and XBonex vs PS4 Pro.

Everything else is hard to say.

They're both taking a different approach with the difference in SSD's and GPU frequency that it's hard to say just how much the difference will be until we see comparison videos.

Still, I would expect the Xsex to edge it out on most 3rd party titles

Also, It's actually good you don't have a 4K TV yet.
You can buy one with HDMI 2.1 which can support 4K at 60fps.

Us guys with older 4K TV's will need to upgrade if we want that. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom