The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Feel free to post all spoilers and discuss them in the spoiler thread. Thats what it was made for.

Barring of course any spoilers that would cause legal action to be taken against NT.

1. Click your profile photo. It's at the top-right corner of the page. ...
  2. Click YouTube Studio. It's near the top of the menu. ...
  3. Click Settings. ...
  4. Click Community. ...
  5. Scroll down to "Blocked Words". ...
  6. Enter words or phrases you want to block. ...
  7. Click Save.

Learn something new everyday.

I’m lowkey tempted to just find it and watch it.

hope this pushes Sony to release the game digitally.

Nah, Sony is smart in waiting,
Week 1 is when you get the most sales and this is arguably the most important exclusive for them.
Lockdown will affect sales.

Learn something new everyday.

Nah, Sony is smart in waiting,
Week 1 is when you get the most sales and this is arguably the most important exclusive for them.
Lockdown will affect sales.

I disagree, we are seeing record digital sales right now. Sony is making the dumbest move by delaying this game. The Marketing campaign has been utter trash with drip by drip game details, it’s just bad. Now with this leak Its even worse. Sony fubbed this, easily thier biggest game on the back nine of the PS4 life span outside of Ghost and they keep hitting it with the New Mutants treatment.

Last edited:
I guess Sony was trying to be caring for those who want to buy the physical copy, but many places are still doing pick ups.

They did miss out. They might've beat Animal Crossong in that 5 million digital sales record for a month.

I disagree, we are seeing record digital sales right now. Sony is making the dumbest move by delaying this game. The Marketing campaign has been utter trash with drip by drip game details, it’s just bad. Now with this leak Its even worse.

Record digital sales due to the lock down but ot everyone will transfer to digital. There are just people out there who stick to physical because they can trade it in or because their internet is poor. Digital is also more expensive in many countries. (£20 more in the UK)

Over here, when Sony has a campaign for one of their big exclusives, the adverts are everywhere, buses train stations, free newspapers & magazines, etc.. That helps to capture the none enthusiasts like us. Sony would have obviously had plans to ramp it up near launch but that will have been dashed out with the pandemic.

I've been tracking FF7R sales and that's suffered from the lack of physical stock and possibly disruption to marketing.

1587989760057.png

FFXV shipped 5 Million day 1 and FFVIIR shipped 3.5 Million in 3 days.
Without the pandemic and with a full blown advertising campaign FFVIIR would have sold better IMO even with the former releasing in December.

Wow crazy timing for a release date considering the leak. Also I imagine sucker punch isn't thrilled about the dates being so close now.

Yeah stay off Facebook. Videos everywhere. I seriously hate this. I understand people want to know but can we just wait for the movie/game/book to release? Now I gotta tiptoe around the internet.

Yeah stay off Facebook. Videos everywhere. I seriously hate this. I understand people want to know but can we just wait for the movie/game/book to release? Now I gotta tiptoe around the internet.
Wow. So thing leaked which lead to the game's release date in June?

They were always about a month apart. Originally TLOU2 was May 29 and Ghost was something like June 26, I think.

Oh true, I didn't realize they we're releasing so close to each other.

Wow. So thing leaked which lead to the game's release date in June?

I doubt the leak had anything to do with the new date coming out today. They delayed it a few weeks back, probably just needed to time to sort out production for physical copies.

Back
Top Bottom