The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

So, there's going to be a Spiderman 2 and Spiderman Miles Morales?

Yup.
I just hope this Miles Morales standalone is not short like UC: LL, but more like a full game.

But UC: LL was outstanding, so if the quality of the content is like that than the length of the game wont matter.

PO

How many PS5 paunch titles are just gonna be PS4 game ports with better graphics?

I think it’ll be 1-3 years before we see what PS5 is actually capable of.

Before they announced the digital version I was assuming $499 but now that they announced it, I have the feeling the normal ps5 is gonna be $599. Especially with Ryan’s newest quotes

Before they announced the digital version I was assuming $499 but now that they announced it, I have the feeling the normal ps5 is gonna be $599. Especially with Ryan’s newest quotes

$599 would be suicide for them a la PS3. The sweet spot is gonna be mid $500’s. I’m calling $449.99 for the digital only and $499.99-$549.99 for the disk based. I also have a very sneaky hunch that the disk based version won’t be a available immediately at launch forcing a lot of us who want it to settle on the digital version.....which will then be impossible to get.

If the game is a remaster, I'll buy it for PS4. If it's truly made to optimize for newer hardware, I'll buy it for PS5. I did this when Black Flag came out. I waited an extra month to get Black Flag for PS4 but passed on Last of Us Remastered and stuck with the PS3 version.

Subsequently, I bought GTA 5 for PS3 and then again for PS4 a few months later. :lol:

Last edited:
$599 would be suicide for them a la PS3. The sweet spot is gonna be mid $500’s. I’m calling $449.99 for the digital only and $499.99-$549.99 for the disk based. I also have a very sneaky hunch that the disk based version won’t be a available immediately at launch forcing a lot of us who want it to settle on the digital version.....which will then be impossible to get.
I think the thing is does Sony really care. They could easily ride with mainland Europe, Japan and some of the US and make tons of money. Sure it would cede ground to MS but if the goal is not taking a huge hit on hardware that may be the move

You're thinking is wrong. We are 14 years removed from 2006. Inflation and cost of tech is real. $599 is no longer a danger zone as it was before. Any of you thinking ANYTHING sub $549 for this machine needs to gone head leave this thread.

Yup.
I just hope this Miles Morales standalone is not short like UC: LL, but more like a full game.

But UC: LL was outstanding, so if the quality of the content is like that than the length of the game wont matter.

PO
I just beat that game 2 days ago after leaving it sitting for years. Definitely was a fun ride.

You'll probably have to wait a year and a half to two years, then. That's how it was with the PS3>PS4 version.
TLOU Remastered released in July 2014, about 13 months after the PS3 release. I don't think that's a bad wait.

TLOU Remastered released in July 2014, about 13 months after the PS3 release. I don't think that's a bad wait.

I'd disagree personally. Too many spoilers to risk. The weight of things that can be spoiled in TLOU2 are way heavier than its predecessor.

I'd disagree personally. Too many spoilers to risk. The weight of things that can be spoiled in TLOU2 are way heavier than its predecessor.
Well yeah from that perspective, sure. I was just talking in regards to playing a better version of the game itself. Some people don't care about spoilers i.e. my brother who watched God of War 2018 before playing it for himself.

Back
Top Bottom