The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I just checked her IG and holy hell she looks white. Like almost no hint of Asian. She is 40 tho so I guess having tons of surgery will change things

i didnt even know she was asian. Is she still with Rodgers the QB?

Because most people understand the narrative message and others don’t or have no willingness to. I’m not going to get into discussion about that in this thread because of spoilers but if you or anyone would like to discuss PM me.

Curious though, if you’re willing to answer... how old are you?

Old enough to understand poor writing and weak storytelling.

Most people? I think you meant to say most people in the mainstream media, this games story is getting massacred damn near everywhere else.

Even someone in here who enjoyed the game overall said the ending was trash, :lol:

I guess he just didn't have the willingness to understand it, tho.

Some of the stuff you guys are posting is treading super close to spoiler territory. We haven’t all finished the game. I think there’s a spoiler thread where you can talk freely

I'm not saying anything different than what I've been saying.

Anything that's an actual spoiler, I've put in spoiler tags.

If you're still playing the game, I would just avoid this thread altogether just in case someone decides to actually spoil something.

Last edited by a moderator:
about 15 hours into the last of us pt 2

will give my full review once I finish, but this game takes a sharp turn for the worst around the 10 hr mark .

Old enough to understand poor writing and weak storytelling.

Jeez, it was a simple question. I was just trying to gain some perspective on where you were coming from. Player age has a large impact on how people feel about the narrative, so I was just wondering to see where you fell.

It’s pretty clear it didn’t sit well with you. I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy it. I’d be interested to hear what you would have done in keeping with the same established theme of hate/revenge for this game.

Either way, I’m sure like everywhere else there will be plenty of people on NT who understand the deeper themes and questions posed from the narrative and like the game. Many people enjoyed the experience and continue to do so mainstream media or otherwise.

Other people absolutely hate it, which is completely fair. Not everyone enjoys where the game takes them. It was designed to illicit a lot of post play-through discussion and encourage healthy debates about storytelling in games. For some people it hits positivity and for others it doesn’t.

Overall, I’m happy the game sparked a lot of emotion in you even if it is negative. I’d rather have someone passionately hate it than just think it was OK or forget about it. Thanks for playing.

Only $4.49

Dope game I played back on PS3. Need to fight off adding to my back log though.

Absolutely love this game.

Got the plat on the PS3.

I picked up the remaster on one of these cheap sales a while ago.

Gonna run this back when I clear more of my backlog.

A sequel, though highly unlikely would be a day 1 purchase.

I am in precautionary SQ so I can see my parents over the Fourth

I have an Xbox so I watched loltyler1 play this whole game over Twitch this weekend, feels like I played it :lol:

Jeez, it was a simple question. I was just trying to gain some perspective on where you were coming from. Player age has a large impact on how people feel about the narrative, so I was just wondering to see where you fell.

It’s pretty clear it didn’t sit well with you. I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy it. I’d be interested to hear what you would have done in keeping with the same established theme of hate/revenge for this game.

Either way, I’m sure like everywhere else there will be plenty of people on NT who understand the deeper themes and questions posed from the narrative and like the game. Many people enjoyed the experience and continue to do so mainstream media or otherwise.

Other people absolutely hate it, which is completely fair. Not everyone enjoys where the game takes them. It was designed to illicit a lot of post play-through discussion and encourage healthy debates about storytelling in games. For some people it hits positivity and for others it doesn’t.

Overall, I’m happy the game sparked a lot of emotion in you even if it is negative. I’d rather have someone passionately hate it than just think it was OK or forget about it. Thanks for playing.
Those are almost the same words Druckmann said...

0A45E87C-15B1-4573-982A-B8B03556805B.gif

It's funny how people are mad about this ending but are okay with Naruto not killing Pein. It's the same thing. Revenge is horrible and doesn't solve ****. You can kill Abby, Ellie but what would that really do? It won't be Joel back. You are so consumed by this that you murdered all these people. For what? You'll never get the joy that you had back and you ****ed over other in the same way. Hurt people hurt people. End the cycle.

That's how I felt about it anyway. Its fine to not like.

Naruto is a bit different. He didnt have blood on his hands up to that point.

Absolutely love this game.

Got the plat on the PS3.

I picked up the remaster on one of these cheap sales a while ago.

Gonna run this back when I clear more of my backlog.

A sequel, though highly unlikely would be a day 1 purchase.

Damn had no idea there was a PS4 edition of this game! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Played it on Xbox 360 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Finished the last of us... Hot takes before full review

This game felt so complete.
Dina leaving at the end was such a symbol for the entire game, was it WORTH IT?
Abby's story line was more ambiguous than Ellie's. I didn't think it would be possible to redeem her after what she did.
Good lord the feels for Joel man, it hurts. Troy Baker BROUGHT IT in this role.
Jesse getting killed was so abrupt. As was Liv's sisters death. BRUTAL.
I legit felt bad for Abby at the end. She was DONE with violence, a complete 180 for her
Meanwhile Ellie was on the verge of losing it all the entire game.
The LBGT+ community was represented with such class and elegance in this game without feeling forced. Take note DEVS/DIRECTORS.
15/10 this is the apex of gaming.

How did Abby do a complete 180? She was defending people she stuck her neck out for but **** her

I think you missed the entire correlation between the relationship of Abby/Liv and Ellie and Joel. Its one in the same. Like Joel, Abby found something greater to care about thus steering her life and choices into a completely different direction. The opposite of the hate that she carried for so long. Love.

that’s good analysis I get it, but she hit Joel with a putter or wedge and just because she had heard of him, she didn’t hear him out

Back
Top Bottom