The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I heard Kurosawa mode takes away certain audio out the game on one review I was watching. Not sure what but the reviewer kind of emphasized to play in standard mode.
Ill probably mess around with both

So Steam just added this "Flick Stick" gyro aiming functionality. Only messed around with it briefly last night. Tried it with Max Payne 3 and I didn't make it through one encounter. :lol: But it wasn't working correctly in that game. It only worked when I aimed. I wanted to use it with hipfire, too.

Anyone use this in any ps4 games? Most games don't seem to support it. Days Gone and Gravity Rush 2 are mentioned most when googled.

The only game I play with gyro aiming is Splatoon. I turned off the option in Breath of the Wild. I just didn't wrap my head around it.

It'd be interesting if this became more widely adopted on PS5.

Last edited:
I played Splatoon and turned it off. I could have been using it wrong but something about moving my entire Switch felt wrong. I also didn't like how much I had to move in order to point/aim where I wanted. I see a lot of people wanting this to become an option or standard so it could be me just using wrong.

That part where he blew into the control to turn that wheel🤯

Sony should’ve purchased SNK weeks ago, because the future in now.

So I popped in GoT disc and downloaded a 4.4GB update file. What surprised me was after I entered in DLC voucher that came packed in the game was that it's a 22GB bonus content download :wow:

This came with the special edition

So Steam just added this "Flick Stick" gyro aiming functionality. Only messed around with it briefly last night. Tried it with Max Payne 3 and I didn't make it through one encounter. :lol: But it wasn't working correctly in that game. It only worked when I aimed. I wanted to use it with hipfire, too.

Anyone use this in any ps4 games? Most games don't seem to support it. Days Gone and Gravity Rush 2 are mentioned most when googled.

The only game I play with gyro aiming is Splatoon. I turned off the option in Breath of the Wild. I just didn't wrap my head around it.

Read this as **** stick at first.

Is GoT a slow start? Cause I’m like 40 min in and it’s kinda boring story and gameplay wise lol
Yeah I'd say so. You know with some of these games (especially new IPs) you have to get the back story and do a few tutorials at different points. If I had to guess, you're going to link up with a few allies and each one will probably have some sort of "tutorial" and then you'll be able to fully explore and do whatever you want. Just my guess :lol:

E971FF27-454A-4E88-9C52-83D98BF4A3F9.jpeg

Technically it's not a hidden gem this gen, but my vote would be Sleeping Dogs.

Such a good game man.

You can justify it. The definitive edition was one the of the launch titles for this generation.

Anyone who appreciates the **** out of Sleeping Dogs gets an A+ in my book.

Last edited:
I think there were some questions about BC for next gen about whether it was digital only or also disks.
This is from Ubisoft's website.

1595065115546.png

Saw this on the Linus tech tips channel and he's a PC guy.

Last time I used Gyro aiming was in Uncharted Golden Abyss on Vita and I loved it. It was great for headshots.
Get the analog stick to do 90% of the aiming then fine tune the last 10% with the gyro to get the perfect head shot. Worked really well with the sniper rifle.

Hopefully this gen more developers use all the tech in the DS5 because a lot of them get neglected or only used by a few games.

This could be why Astro's Playroom is preloaded so dev's can get some inspiration perhaps.

Last edited:
So I popped in GoT disc and downloaded a 4.4GB update file. What surprised me was after I entered in DLC voucher that came packed in the game was that it's a 22GB bonus content download :wow:

This came with the special edition

The bonus content is the director's commentary and the digital art book.

When my pre-download was installing for digital deluxe edition I was wondering wtf that was myself. :lol:

They not ship many copies of GoT? Couldn't find that game anywhere. Never had an issue getting a game on launch day around here even without pre order.

Back
Top Bottom