The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I picked up The Order and Alien Isolation on the sale. Also preordered the Rocket League Collector's Edition on Amazon ($8 off during their E3 preorder deal.) Showing support for Psyonix :pimp:

The RE7 demo was
quick, but tense and scary at parts. Looked good, too.

This blackout is getting hard but I'm staying strong.

Even the youtube screenshots are showing too much :lol:

Last edited:
Still mad this didn't make it into the conference.
Every thing is improved from the first and the new modes just make it even better.

I was just thinking. If Activision sold the COD4 remaster separately from the jump and told consumers that you have a choice, but we're including COD4 for free with CODIW. That might of given people more confidence in buying IW. Or at the very least, some good PR and people might speak about them positively. Instead of looking at the situation as an answer to declining COD sales or a desperation play.

NieR: Automata is the Platinum Game You're Looking For
Feeling wary of Scalebound? Keep NieR on your radar.

View media item 2069876
NieR: Automata seemed like a match made in heaven when it was revealed last year, marrying the off-kilter brilliance of Yoko Taro with the polish of Platinum. But with Platinum's star fading a bit, it's easy to wonder if NieR will live up to its promise. After what's I've seen, though, I feel comfortable in saying, "So far, so good..

I was invited to play through a three-minute high score trial not found in the final game and try to kill as many of the machines as possible. The combat offered a good mix between light attacks and big, meaty strikes, with a drone that follows the main character being able to target enemies in the air with a machine gun.

NieR: Automata will definitely lean more toward action than the RPG side of things; but as in the previous game, you will be able to upgrade your weapons and earn XP by defeating enemies. You will also benefit from passive skills. Nevertheless, Taro sees them as "added elements" rather than foundational mechanics.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/nier-automata-is-the-platinum-game-youre-looking-for

Nier: Automata Feels like a Platinum Games Classic
New and improved.

View media item 2069877
According to Takahisa Taura, the game's lead designer at Platinum, Automata is being made by the "younger generation" within Platinum Games, a team of newer designers who are hopeful to prove themselves with this title. Most of the time when you think of Platinum, you think of developers like Okami and Bayonetta creator Hideki Kamiya, but according to Taura, the "old" team is focused on Scalebound and other projects while Taura's team builds Nier.

During a hands-on demo with Nier: Automata, I was immediately reminded of the aforementioned Bayonetta. Combat is fluid, and switching between attacks and weapons is smooth. Playing as the android warrior 2B, I flipped and flitted around my enemies, whipped my sword out mid-air to smack them away before following up with a ranged attack. Everything moved quickly, a dance between enemies, 2B and her AI companion 9S.

Taro also confirmed that there will be a host of other familiar RPG elements, including settlements and camps for the Resistance--the humans left behind on earth fighting machines--where 2B can purchase items and rest. These settlements are packed with somber-looking NPCs, clad in gray and quietly sitting around fires. The fishing minigame from the original Nier will also return, albeit with a few tweaks to make it more fun, Taro said. He did, however, explain how the fishing mini-game would fit into Automata's world.
The original Nier also gave players one end-game choice that would result in your save file being totally deleted, never to be recovered. When asked if that gameplay element would return, Taro was sly.

"That's a secret," he said.

Nier: Automata is slated to launch in early 2017

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nier-automata-feels-like-a-platinum-games-classic/1100-6440908/

Platinum battles with proper RPG elements.
I dunno how I'll feel though if the ending is deleting my save file though :lol:

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, that ending was pretty hard to get... or really easy. One of the two. 
laugh.gif

I just know I didn't get it. I was going to play a 2nd playthrough but got distracted.

I know they wanted to get back to the scary RE rather than the action game. Which I agree with, but they didn't have to do THAT :lol:

Game is unrecognizable and looks to be pushing them into something they and their fans are unfamiliar with.

It is just a demo, so I guess we will see.

Speaking of companies trying new things, was/is NBA Elite 2011 the worst failure in video game history? :x

:rofl:

Right after they dropped Live '10, which was the first Live in YEARS that was better than 2K. And then they went and did what they did. Unbelievable.

And that isn't even to mention the fact that they are still trying to recover from that :smh:

Last edited:
Just watched Kinda Funny behind closed doors with Days Gone and apparently it's either a late 2017 or 2018 game.

Kotaku pulling no punches...

[h1]
Final Fantasy XV's VR Demo Is Terrible
[/h1]

It’s not shocking that Square Enix is bringing Final Fantasy to virtual reality, but based on what they’re showing so far, there’s not much reason to get excited.

After Sony’s press conference, the company allowed people to play a number of the VR games that were announced at the event. Batman: Arkham VR, which I wrote about earlier today, looks promising. I can’t say the same for Final Fantasy.

The playable portion was exactly the same as what’s featured in the trailer. You enter into an arena, warp between a few pre-determined points, and shoot a monster. You fire at that monster for several minutes, and eventually it dies.

That’s it. There’s nothing more to it. It, um, bad.

It doesn’t take meaningful advantage of virtual reality, and the mechanics aren’t satisfying. You hold down a button, point in the direction of the monster, and win! Perhaps this’ll change when Square Enix delivers the whole thing later this year, but if it’s more of what I played yesterday, temper your expectations.

In fact, the most interesting part of the demo was watching what people did when it was over. After the monster’s defeated, you have a chance to go for a ride with the game’s weirdly sexualized take on Cid. Would you be surprised if people decided to get really close to certain parts of her body? You should not.

:lol: I told y'all both demos were trash.

Back
Top Bottom