The older you get, the less friends you have....

I'm 15 and I dnt have a social life basically anymore. I don't trust anyone of my friends that I used to chill with due to past reasons. I do say Whatsup to them in the hallways tho. I go out rarely to the park to play ball with a couple of kids from my classes.You could kinda say they are low key cornballs but I much rather chill with them then some of the popular kids. I have maybe 3"real friends" and I'm perfectly fine with that

kevi..life just began for you make all the friends you can right now especially in high school..build your name around your city bra...

Originally Posted by ricky409

yeah famb...

i turn 23 this summer.. and i only chop it up with about 3 friends from high school...

none really from college...

i'm still worried about how to get yambs once college ends...

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
 25 and feel the same exact way.  Some of my high school friends are people who I'd say I'm closest with and I feel like I've lost touch with most of em, which is due to not keeping in touch regularly/ living in different locations now.  Even if I want to go out during the weekend and chill, it's hard to make plans at times because no one I used to chill with is around or people who I want to chill with act like they don't have time.  I've made new friends in college and what not but most of them don't even compare to my friends who I grew up with.  I just chilled with one of my boys from H.S. this weekend and hadn't seen him for like 2yrs although I hit him up occasionally and see if he wants to chill. I feel like if I don't hit up some people, I will never hear from him.  It's a damn shame 
tired.gif
.  One person I keep in touch with on the reg. is a NTer who went to the same college as me.  
* Goes to phone and texts old H.S. partner in crime. 

I just recently had to cut off 2 friends. One would hit me up like once every couple months on some "man, aint heard from you in a minute..." but all he does is complain about life, reminisce about HS $%%% from 6 years ago, and eventually asks me if I have any tree
30t6p3b.gif
. Another dude was my boy for 10 years and it really pains me to have to move on from that. We had plans to get an apartment together but he just deals with some shady %!! dudes now trying to be a d boy. Aint heard from dude in a month and finally got in touch with him the other day. Chilled for a minute but this man has changed. Told him to wake up but I think he just too far gone now and I cant chill with liabilities at this point in my life.

My best friend is 400 miles away but we still talk once every 1-2 weeks and chill whenever he's in town. I got 3 other friends I met in college and we ball, hit the bar, or just chill. As long as I got them and my girl, I'm straight...

how do you guys make new friends? i always wanted that wolfpack kinda brotherhood...going to vegas and stuff.....feelsbadman

My parents moved across the country while I was on my 2 year LDS mission and I just returned home last week and dang, i'm feelin this. I might text 2 or 3 people I knew from high school or before the mission. but on the same token, i'm kinda grateful for the fresh start.

OP true to the fullest. gonna add that you lose a lot of close friends and even weirder or off you can say is that you connect/see people who were just aquatinaces in HS more than your actual best friends.

True but I feel the younger generation might still obtain their friends with Facebook and all. I graduated high school in 1999 and that was a little bit before out time and when we got on, everyone had already changed. People now can literally see everyone grow right in front of their eyes without seeing them in person. I think friendships, even if it is online, stay together because of this.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

True but I feel the younger generation might still obtain their friends with Facebook and all. I graduated high school in 1999 and that was a little bit before out time and when we got on, everyone had already changed. People now can literally see everyone grow right in front of their eyes without seeing them in person. I think friendships, even if it is online, stay together because of this.
That's both good and bad. You already mentioned some of the good, but the bad is, that when you watch people grow like that, when it comes time to actually see them, nothing at 
all is a mystery, and you may not even have much to talk about. So much social networking/exposure has ironically stunted communication. HS/college reunions (within a certain age

range) are honestly useless now.

Man I was thinking about what my grandpa said the other day...
We were looking at old photos, and he found a pic from WW2... He was in the Philippines having a drink, celebrating the end of the war. The photo had two of his good buddies in it.

He didn't remember their names (he doesn't have Altzheimer's or anything, mind is still sharp), and I said "really? They were your good buddies and you forgot their names?"

He said "well, you know how it is with buddies. They come and go."

So true 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

Man I was thinking about what my grandpa said the other day...
We were looking at old photos, and he found a pic from WW2... He was in the Philippines having a drink, celebrating the end of the war. The photo had two of his good buddies in it.

He didn't remember their names (he doesn't have Altzheimer's or anything, mind is still sharp), and I said "really? They were your good buddies and you forgot their names?"

He said "well, you know how it is with buddies. They come and go."

So true 
frown.gif

Naw son he got something or them weren't his friends. Lol If you close or were close I remember your name. Now acquaintances I forget but actual friends nah. Lol

About to turn 24; one year out of college. Had a falling out with my best friend of 15 years and broke up with my ex of 4 years at about the same time. To make matters a little more challenging, my ex and ex-BFF have the same circle of friends, so I isolated myself from that group to avoid any unneeded drama.

It's been extremely tough to say the least, but it's been a real character building process; I've developed strength I didn't know I had. You live and you learn. I have occasional moments of loneliness, but it feels damn good to stand tall on my own two feet after everything, and to be proud of all I've accomplished individually.

I knew life after college wouldn't be as exciting, but I didn't expect to lose so much at 23 when the whole world lies ahead of you. It's relieving to hear similar stories of relationships changing to remind you that you're not the only one. Relationships change, people change - but no matter what we're all wiser for having lived the lessons we learned.

I'm about to hit 30, if you are social, you will gain groups of friends with different strengths that you can lean on for different things.  Sometimes it's hard to deal with the curve balls life throws our way.  Some people change, not always for the best but it's life.
Out of high school, I had a ton of friends, we would always get together.  Everyone went to college and the numbers dwindled drastically.  Attrition was attributed to tons of factors: School, marriage, baby momma's, etc.

I only keep in consistent contact with two of my boys from HS, one of them is my roommate.  The other one is married, so we know we can't do any "single/bachelor" shenanigans around him.  Wife is always around, and he's a strict "family man".  It's all good.

I've scooped up friends along the way, surprisingly none from college.  I've been fortunate to work in work environments that have had a lot of people my age trying to make it, formed some bonds.  I got a solid group of friends, friends from HS, friends from work, etc. etc.

Originally Posted by jflip

About to turn 24; one year out of college. Had a falling out with my best friend of 15 years and broke up with my ex of 4 years at about the same time. To make matters a little more challenging, my ex and ex-BFF have the same circle of friends, so I isolated myself from that group to avoid any unneeded drama.

It's been extremely tough to say the least, but it's been a real character building process; I've developed strength I didn't know I had. You live and you learn. I have occasional moments of loneliness, but it feels damn good to stand tall on my own two feet after everything, and to be proud of all I've accomplished individually.

I knew life after college wouldn't be as exciting, but I didn't expect to lose so much at 23 when the whole world lies ahead of you. It's relieving to hear similar stories of relationships changing to remind you that you're not the only one. Relationships change, people change - but no matter what we're all wiser for having lived the lessons we learned.
the-rock-clapping.gif

i think i made more life long friends in college than HS so now i just feel like i can go anywhere and know someone

yeah we've all spread out and don't talk daily but when do get together its all love and for that i'm thankful

my few HS friends we've always kept regular contact but they are guys so i'm kinda scared about what will happen when we all get in serious relationships and start getting married...

my college friends are guys too but i feel that will be less of a problem for us for some reason...

Originally Posted by PLVN

“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and -- in spite of True Romance magazines -- we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely -- at least, not all the time -- but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.

All true. I prolly chill with like 2 friends from my "click" in high school on a regular basis. The rest I see like weekly or so.

And I wouldn't blame weed on holding you back in life. I know people that smoke weed every day and are business execs, personal bankers, investment planners, nurses, radiologists, ect.
I smoke(d) a zip a week(I'm on probation right now) and I'm fine. Was making 45k+/year(legally, that's not counting my side deals and investments) till I got laid off. Currently in the process of getting my job back. Just turned 24 last week btw

"Born alone, die alone, no crew to crew to keep my crown or throne." My group is centralized around dudes I went to high school with. Mainly duded I balled with, we're all doing our things balancing school, work, and ladies but we're a tight knit no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom