the Pet Peeve thread

When dudes scream "only hands" during a fight.

Fam, this is a street fight, anything goes short of foreign objects, low-blows, eye gouges, biting and punching/kicking a man after he's already out cold. Those are obviously dishonorable acts that should never be tolerated.

But kicks, grappling, small-joint manipulation (breaking someones finger in half), clinching, submission holds, are fair game.

Why should footwork/hand speed/superior boxing win the day? If a man's strength lies in his grappling, let him ******* fight his fight.

Also, when folks jump into a fight.

Let a man go out on his shield damn it.

Last edited:
I work as a valet at a hotel part time and some of the ******** I hear and see on a regular basis is my motivation for finishing school. 

- people who work at the hotel, stay at the hotel and pass by the hotel treat us like errand boys. "Can you drop my dry cleaning off at the cleaners, im late for me shift?"
mean.gif

- people who ask us to call them a cab, then complain when the cab takes its time arriving. Acting like I control when the cab gets here
mean.gif
. Its 2015 and you have a smartphone, I shouldnt be calling you a cab anyway

i got more but im in class right now
laugh.gif

:lol:

Yall boys slippin tho. Ain't nobody mentioned when people lick their fingers before giving you a paper/money/etc???

Lady at this grocery store across from campus did it FOUR times before issuing change the other night...:x :x :smh: :stoneface: :lol: :stoneface: :x :smh:

Definitely. I had to make an official proclamation at work to ban my staff from doing that. Drives me mental. It's never necessary. Is there something wrong with their fingers that make them non grippy?

Line creepers.

I was at the theatre on Christmas Eve with my family. Everyone leaving and the stairs were narrow so it was slow. We're shuffling along and the people behind me start moving up level with me then step in front. Just ignorant. When we're going to a right angle turn I squeeze them out - they're not going to push me out of the way. Either that or I say "it's okay, you go first".

Why not have a piece of sponge that is moist to touch to get grip on plastic bags and money?

cars that try to pass you on a right turn when they see you have your right turning signal on and you need the extra space to turn

Tractor trailer driver

When people forget to flush the toilet after using it.. especially after a deuce. And then have the nerve to not replace the toilet paper. 
mad.gif

When I hold the door open for someone and they walk right past me with no "Thank you". Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know I was SUPPOSED to hold this door open for you

When I hold the door open for someone and they walk right past me with no "Thank you". Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know I was SUPPOSED to hold this door open for you

You only set yourself up for this by doing it for the expected appreciation.

If you're going to hold the door open, do it because you want to my ___; not because you're looking for a 'thank you'

Last edited:

When someone uses the urinal next to you and there are plenty of vacant ones available. 
Random story, but I remember a couple of years ago during finals week I went to take a piss after class in an empty bathroom. This old guy uses the urinal next to me and while we're pissing he turns and asks, "You do good in your finals?" with a big smurk on his face. I stopped mid piss, washed my hands and got out of there with the quickness. Didn't know if the guy was a teacher or student, but that was weird as hell.

You only set yourself up for this by doing it for the expected appreciation.

If you're going to hold the door open, do it because you want to my ___; not because you're looking for a 'thank you'

No man, It's just a polite gesture to say "thank you" to someone. It's basic manners

No man, It's just a polite gesture to say "thank you" to someone. It's basic manners

That may be true, but the importance of those basic manners is subjective. They might be big to you, but the next man might not give two ***** about that. Neither of you would be right or wrong.

All I'm saying is, if you do it for yourself then there wouldn't be any disappointment or anger when that 'thank you' doesn't come.

What they do or don't say wouldn't matter, because YOU made yourself feel good about it the second you held the door open. Whatever comes after that would be bonus.

Last edited:
when you are heating up food and you ask your wife "are you gonna eat?" and she says "no"...

so you make the perfect plate of left overs, heat it up, sit down and get ready to feast...

only to have that vulture crime ratchet some sit next to you and start picking off your plate >:

People that leave a SIP/DROP of juice in the bottle and put it back in the fridge.

Mad disrespectful, it's like a taunt

Back
Top Bottom