****The Philladelpia Phillies have won the 2008 World Series. Congratulations!****

This home umpire sucks. J Roll should have been on base for that hit. SMH. It would be first and third no outs.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Howard

why must you swing at the 1st ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffing pitch EVERYTIME

Oh well, on to game 3. The Phillies stole 1 game out of Florida. Gotta get the job done at home and we're in good shape.

Big Game James and Madd Nice Price...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Very well-pitched game for the Rays.

And the struggle with runners on continues for Philly.

Very glad that the Rays tied up the series before leaving town.

PS... I wanna get drunk with Gomes.

1 - we need to start hitting with risp
2 - the home plate ump needs to be beaten unconscious with an extension cord
3 - my hate for joe buck has never been higher..they talk bout baldelli like hes about to die at any moment yet hes turning double plays from the outfield...calm the +%%# down

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

how is that not a save?

It was a 4-run lead when he came into the game.
but he pitched 2+ innings and he gave up the run bringing the trying run to the plate. i need to learn all the save rules cause he doesnt get asave but a pitcher gets a save in a 30-3 game last year
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

how is that not a save?

It was a 4-run lead when he came into the game.
but he pitched 2+ innings and he gave up the run bringing the trying run to the plate. i need to learn all the save rules cause he doesnt get a save but a pitcher gets a save in a 30-3 game last year
laugh.gif

Wow, I thought that was a mistake that Littleton got the save in that 30-3 game but I looked it up and these are the rules:

Saves:
Rule 10.20 in the Official Rule Book states:
Credit a pitcher with a save when he meets all three of the following conditions:
(1) He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his club; and
(2) He is not the winning pitcher; and
(3) He qualifies under one of the following conditions:
- (a) He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches for at least one inning; or
- (b) He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, or at bat, or on deck (that is, the potential tying run is either already on base or is one of the first two batsmen he faces; or
- (c) He pitches effectively for at least three innings. No more than one save may be credited in each game.

So Littleton got the save in that game because he "pitched effectively" for 3 innings. You're right, that seems ridiculous to me.

It's already raining out here in Philly
frown.gif
. I'm thinkingthere's a good chance the game will be rained out today.

fish fish fish fish fish fish fish

the hell song was that when they were introducing the rays?

Anyone catch that sign? CHASE the pennant for all its WERTH. You already won the pennant.
roll.gif
Stupid @#% Phillies fans.

Back
Top Bottom