The RETRO Gaming Thread!

So..the thrift shop I frequent several times per wk had a purple gamecube today 24.95..I was thinking it was half off cuz it was wednesday..so I was thinking easy cop..I have a few GC games already ..the only risk would it be not working but I can eat the 12.50 whatever..so I stood in line for 15 mins..and she told me the half off is for sr citizens only lol..I said I'm good..but wasted that 20 mins or so checking it out and standing in line..oh well I was also thinking if I didn't like it just get rid of it for $40-50..if it is still there on Saturday it will be half off

just bought AV cables $4
super famicom controller $16
street fighter world warrior $14

Couldn't figure out which game to play so just bought street fighter for now since I have the other SNES versions on 3ds..will figure out which other games to play but this is all I'm buying for now
Link for the AV cables? Found my old SNES :pimp:...need the power and AV cables though and haven't had time to really look into it

Stopped by my thrift store and didn't find much this time. Only picked up a few games...

Wii Mario Kart
Ps2 InuYasha "secret of the cursed mask"
Ps1 Tom & Jerry "house trap"

I also found a purple N64 controller in the GameStop bag. I don't have an N64 tho, lol.

So i recently got into collecting retro gaming stuff along with my 9yr old son who loves old school gaming. He even named our puppy (pug) Koopa.....
I currently have a hacked Wii with just about every Wii game on a HDD, It also have a NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, and a PS1 with all games.
Im currently in search or old systems (working or non working) for display purposes. NES, SNES, Sega, etc.
for a game room im putting together at home.
Other than ebay where do you guys find these things? ive seen some some systems on ebay but prices are crazy.
I also found an old Street fighter cabinet that i picked up for $300. Im having someone strip it down and im planning to get new wrap and decals on it to give it that retro Nintendo feel to it. I just ordered a pandora box that will be installed in it. I cant wait.

So i recently got into collecting retro gaming stuff along with my 9yr old son who loves old school gaming.
Other than ebay where do you guys find these things? ive seen some some systems on ebay but prices are crazy.

You can try some local retro game stores and the places mentioned by the poster above me but prices on retro systems and games as a whole are trending upwards because of the bolded and enlarged quoted text.

Collecting retro systems/games is sexy and mainstream now so you'll have to contend with other 'retro-console-heads'.

That said non-working systems should be considerably cheaper than working systems.

I feel like I sold most my systems right before the big boom

I still got considerable money because all my stuff including games were pristine

Yeah just buy non working ones LOCALLY , in my offerup there's a non working dreamcast (which I know I can get working) for 5$ and a ps1 for 5$...but he never wants to sell me the dreamcast smh

image.png

finally hooked my ps3 back up

forgot how ill it was and I always held it high

but I forgot you could play things like simpsons arcade online, forgot bout the online aspect of it

that's crazy

but I forgot you could play things like simpsons arcade online, forgot bout the online aspect of it

that's crazy
I've came up off the fam recently. My brother sold me a ps3 with 2 controllers for 6 bucks. Haven't had a ps3 since My og one got stolen back in 09.

My nephew sold me a snes with 3 games , a n64 no games and a ps2 with two games for 25 bucks....no cords for the snes tho. Still was happy bout the deals

that's crazy
Barely touched my PS3 before now I play it all the time

telling y'all boys

check the ps store on the ps3

everything is in there, think it even has hbogo

PS4 has nothing in comparison

found someone to fix my laser for 45, gonna drop it off today

Back
Top Bottom