The RETRO Gaming Thread!

yeah that's what I'm rocking with

only took me 4 or 5 years to get it fixed smh

atleast I'll be dodging the crazy repair costs others paid

people were paying close to $200 to get it fixed back then

DAMN during that Bill and Ted's era. I remember years later people saying they created their own codes, never figured out how.

I didn't notice many sexual undertones, only one I smiled at was the squishy sound when they sat down on the couch.

image.png

So i went on Offerup and Letgo like some of you mentioned and picked up a clean looking and working PS1 for $10 (no controller) and a Working OG fat PS3 (no connections or controllers) for $30....
NES and a SNES is all i need to complete my Nintendo collection.
Thanks for all your help guys.

So i went on Offerup and Letgo like some of you mentioned and picked up a clean looking and working PS1 for $10 (no controller) and a Working OG fat PS3 (no connections or controllers) for $30....
NES and a SNES is all i need to complete my Nintendo collection.
Thanks for all your help guys.
Score on the PS3..I watch blurays on mine

That version plays ps2 games

PS2s are mad cheap though and you can get component cables for them as well so hooking them up to current gen HDTVs shouldn't be too problematic.

Only issue is finding half decent OG PS2 controllers as most of them are beat to hell and back and new OG PS2 controllers are quite expensive and hard to find.

PS2s are mad cheap though and you can get component cables for them as well so hooking them up to current gen HDTVs shouldn't be too problematic.

Only issue is finding half decent OG PS2 controllers as most of them are beat to hell and back and new OG PS2 controllers are quite expensive and hard to find.
Really? The ones at my local thrift shop seem to be ok..I still have 2 of my own..I take good care of mine..I'm always on the lookout for the dualshock 2s

There was a time when PS2 controllers were crazy cheap. I got a transparent emerald DualShock 2 brand new factory sealed for pretty low. I should of got two, but I was waiting to see if I could get a certain color. :smh:

I've still got all my PlayStation's 1-4, so I'm good either way. Ever since my mom gave away my NES when I was a kid, I vowed to never lose another system. :lol:

Yeah thats the truth I love everything OG, but if you just wan't a controller for play sake grab these cheap little Chinese things. There the closest feel I could find.
sony-ps2-orb-ps2-dual-shock-controller-p24-58_image.jpg

http://www.exciteentertainment.co.u...c7/sony-ps2-orb-ps2-dual-shock-controller-p24

that's why the ps3 is king

plays ps1-3 and uses the ds4

Some truth in this but DualShock 4 compatibility is not entirely perfect and some of the shoulder/trigger buttons don't quite get the expected game effect.

PS1 is emulated on the PS3 and only certain (older) PS3 models have PS2 hardware in them for correct PS2 backward compatibility. Most of the later PS3s only offered PS1/PS2 emulation.

If you're a purist, have the space and willing to invest in a decent upscaler there's really no barrier to grabbing OG PS hardware. Otherwise I will agree with you that PS3 is the best all in one solution for the casual gamer.

Really? The ones at my local thrift shop seem to be ok..I still have 2 of my own..I take good care of mine..I'm always on the lookout for the dualshock 2s

I may have had bad luck as I purchased a specific PS2 system on eBay and the seller included a trash, used controller that had the left analog stick worn out and an X button that would respond intermittently. :smh:
If you can actually try out the controllers then you're way ahead of the game. I did however get lucky and score 2 brand new PS2 controllers prior to the retro console scene exploding.

Yeah thats the truth I love everything OG, but if you just wan't a controller for play sake grab these cheap little Chinese things. There the closest feel I could find.

Honestly bro, I had a few jump-off controllers as a kid for my systems and the general consensus was that they were junk back then and from what I hear they haven't changed much too.

Third party controllers are generally garbage. There are outliers, but most are awful. Logitech made a really nice PS2 controller and HORI made a really nice N64 controller, but most are bad.

Sometimes you can look at a third party controller, their build construction, and even the packaging and tell its bad right away.

Third party controllers are generally garbage. There are outliers, but most are awful. Logitech made a really nice PS2 controller and HORI made a really nice N64 controller, but most are bad.

Sometimes you can look at a third party controller, their build construction, and even the packaging and tell its bad right away.
Doesn't hori make better controllers than OG?

Yeah took a while for me to find a brand new PS3 controller this year..and i ordered a famicom controller for the SNES I just bought even though it came with 2 SNES controllers

A lot of people like the HORI over the Nintendo one. I think it's because of the form factor. They go for a lot of money on eBay right now. Some over $100.

Back
Top Bottom