The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Hori makes better everything, the 64 one is preferred because the stick is a GameCube stick it shouldn't break as easy

Their fight sticks are made with authentic Sanwa parts (or at least used to be)

For ps2 there's a wireless Logitech controller that's pretty good, they made one for Xbox too, i find them often at the flea but without the wireless dongle they are worthless they feel nice in hand tho

Third party controllers are generally garbage. There are outliers, but most are awful. Logitech made a really nice PS2 controller and HORI made a really nice N64 controller, but most are bad.

Sometimes you can look at a third party controller, their build construction, and even the packaging and tell its bad right away.

Hori & Logitech are generally very good or good - I wouldn't even classify them in the same realm as generic or clone controllers. The latter just bite the original design and add inferior components and electronics.

Some truth in this but DualShock 4 compatibility is not entirely perfect and some of the shoulder/trigger buttons don't quite get the expected game effect.

PS1 is emulated on the PS3 and only certain (older) PS3 models have PS2 hardware in them for correct PS2 backward compatibility. Most of the later PS3s only offered PS1/PS2 emulation.

If you're a purist, have the space and willing to invest in a decent upscaler there's really no barrier to grabbing OG PS hardware. Otherwise I will agree with you that PS3 is the best all in one solution for the casual gamer.

I was only talking the og

my ds4 works for everything I use it for but I mainly use my fight stick (arcade stick)

image.jpeg
famicom controller and super soccer came in today..order soccer cuz not on US mini classic

I may have had bad luck as I purchased a specific PS2 system on eBay and the seller included a trash, used controller that had the left analog stick worn out and an X button that would respond intermittently. :smh:
If you can actually try out the controllers then you're way ahead of the game. I did however get lucky and score 2 brand new PS2 controllers prior to the retro console scene exploding.

Honestly bro, I had a few jump-off controllers as a kid for my systems and the general consensus was that they were junk back then and from what I hear they haven't changed much too.
Nothing beats original, obviously. But I was just saying there the best alternative I could find. As it´s so hard to get fresh OG ones.

Hey guys, just wanted to come in here and share with yall and big up NTer krazy krazy for coming through and hooking your boy up with a free N64. Just another example of the NT fam lookin out for each other.

You already know fam! Hope you have a blast with ya lil man, as I said I hope to one day have that experience of my own. :pimp: I have 2 nephews that I enjoy playing all of my games with tho

flea markets was dead today I didn't even pay for parking just drove in and out seen very little vendors so I didn't bother stopping...ill ask a price on days like this and they'll give me a high price and say because it's slow and they haven't made sales yet lol

flea markets was dead today I didn't even pay for parking just drove in and out seen very little vendors so I didn't bother stopping...ill ask a price on days like this and they'll give me a high price and say because it's slow and they haven't made sales yet lol

Dude, we just survived ****ing Harvey.....I'm not shocked the flea markets are dead for the weekend lol.

I'm still shocked that one of those little liquidation stores are actually opening up now where you picked up your discounted Switch Pro Controller from.

IMG_0583.JPG
Flea market buys today the after n64 controller has a tight stick got it for $5 ocarina of time was being sold by some resellers their deal was 10$ any game but if it's Mario 25$ lol, so they had GameCube games Mario golf 25$ :lol: the rest were 15$, had a couple official 64 controllers for 15 each pretty good condition but I passed on that...the rest of the stuff was from my plug for $2 a piece

joe billionaire joe billionaire , you might wanna test that battery out in that Ocarina of Time cartridge. Especially if you wanna have "game saves" on that Ocarina of Time cartridge, you're definitely wanna attempt to change that battery out ASAP before playing it.

totally forgot games were saved on their cartridges lol

How the games are saved on the cartridges varies though.

In Ocarina of Time for instance, they did require a battery to maintain the game saves. While in Super Mario 64, it only required the minimum flash memory chips that were already in the cartridge's chipset board.

It is a big reason why cartridges for Zelda Ocarina of Time and the original Super Smash Bros. are very rare on the retro gaming market, and it is because the key is finding a "very good refurbished" cartridge with a very good OR newly replaced battery inside of the cartridge.

Same can be said for older SNES and NES cartridges that are high in value in the retro gaming resale market.

This is essentially why I often DO NOT BUY older games from flea markets......you dunno whether those games are in playable condition or not.

I buy from fleas because it's cheaper plus it's like a rush or lottery type feeling finding a good game for a decent price, I can go online and order older games for ebay prices but most likely those people found em at a yard sale or flea market themselves and refurbished it themselves just how I do. it just takes a little elbow grease to clean things up sometimes. the battery doesn't work most likely because there is no save file currently but all u do is lift the tab on the battery replace it and tape it down into place, if you don't know how to solder. Then ur good a other 15 years lol

The Pokémon games battery run out fast because they do time and date

Back
Top Bottom