The RETRO Gaming Thread!

One thing I saw a video about not too long ago was naming a favorite game per console. I figured we could all do that as an end of the year type thing. I’ll start obviously. I’m going to do per console I have owned because that just makes the most sense to me.

Super Nintendo -
maxresdefault.jpg

Nintendo 64 -
NoMercyGameBox.jpg

GameCube -
Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_box_art.png

Wii -
Wii-Sports

Sega Genesis -
s-l300.jpg

Dreamcast -
DC_SOUL_CALIBUR.jpg

Sony PlayStation -
Rival_Schools_cover.jpg

PlayStation 2 -
51CgJ1rCs-L._SY445_.jpg

PlayStation 3 -
81MP%2BQuo1EL._SL1500_.jpg

Gameboy/Color/Advance
81rcAdryhEL._SL1061_.jpg

gbc_pokemon_silver_p_2ayxpf.jpg

61X40TFMPTL.jpg

Yeah man, 1 game per console lol you gotta really think on it. I had to go through my brain and really compare and contrast what I truly deem as my favorite.

Edit - Forgot I owned a Game Gear and a PSP. I don’t remember Game Gear games I have so, I’ll just do PSP.

PSP -
Crisis_Core.png

Last edited:
Based off of systems I have owned.

I am thinking about what I played the most.

NES: Wizards and Warriors 2

SNES: Street Fighter 2

N64: Virtual Pro Wrestling 64

Genesis: Sonic 2

Sega Saturn: Fire Pro Wrestling 6-Man Scramble

Dreamcast: NBA 2K2

Playstation 1: TOukon Retsuden 2

Playstation 2: King of Colosseum 2 (Favorite single player wrestling game I have played)

XBOX 360: NBA 2K12

I have waaaayyyy too many consoles so I’ll only list a few...

Atari 2600- Popeye

NES- Super Mario Bros 3

Genesis- Road Rash 2

PS1- Grand Theft Auto

PS2- Grand Turismo 4

GameCube- Mario Kart Double Dash

Wii - New Super Mario Bros.

I’m leaving out 6 other consoles I own because I don’t use them as much.

My pops got a new tv for Christmas. The problem is it only accepts HDMI so now he can’t use his PS2 without having to buy and plug in a converter. I think I’ll just find him a PS3/PS4 console.

Just buy the Retrotink.
I saw prices for the entry level converter on their website. It’s still cheaper for me to get a PS3 console at the thrift store. There are some employees that can hook me up with a complete system for $20 when they get donated to the store.

I picked up some more PS 1 games, cheap too!
$1 each complete and all.

Tony Hawk Pro Skateboarding 2 and 3
Crash Team Racing (Crash Bandicoot)
Midway Arcade Greatest Hits “Atari collection” vol 1
Namco Museum vol. 3

I saw prices for the entry level converter on their website. It’s still cheaper for me to get a PS3 console at the thrift store. There are some employees that can hook me up with a complete system for $20 when they get donated to the store.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO correct me if I'm wrong my G but you have several retro consoles. Honestly worth it keeping a RetroTink on hand if that's the case.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO correct me if I'm wrong my G but you have several retro consoles. Honestly worth it keeping a RetroTink on hand if that's the case.
You’re not wrong Vood, I have plenty of og consoles. I do play them in their original capacity being that I usually have them going on my small crt. The semi modern ones go on the flatscreen with component cables or hdmi when available. I might consider getting a used retrotink but that will probably much later from now.

Where’s FE Warriors and Tokyo Mirage Sessions??? Lol

All jokes aside, I wish I would’ve copped FE 30th edition. That book alone would’ve made it worth it for me. I didn’t realize it was full sized.

Back
Top Bottom