THE REVISED LEBRON 8 THREAD Vol. No Ring This Year

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

Even though the PS "Finals" will forever be associated with choking and failure, I still want them! :-s

Or we could spin it and say it was the sickest Finals Lebron shoe so far! 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thapointguy

I think the move to release the finals is try to increase the sales of the v3.
hahahahaha, release a finals shoe in which he failed...makes sense because the version 3 of the lebron 8 also failed.  V3 is garbage no matter how you slice it...and the look of the 9 is horrid.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

I think the move to release the finals is try to increase the sales of the v3.
hahahahaha, release a finals shoe in which he failed...makes sense because the version 3 of the lebron 8 also failed.  V3 is garbage no matter how you slice it...and the look of the 9 is horrid.

Originally Posted by johngotty

Mayhem - I don't think it's nepotism or anything else. Nike has a corporate structure and past success/failure to look at. While we may not agree w/release strategies, they're very aware of what they're doing. Can't say I know the same connects as Rock or Ty but...they're just smart from a corporate P.O.V.
no doubt, they def know how to stay in business. But i would love to see Nike get back to what they were doing in the 90's when they were taking risks left and right...these

and i've heard about how certain folk like to bring in their own "crew" once they get into a position of power within Nike. i know its mostly in the marketing areas...but i don't doubt that the designers and other departments follow suit from time to time and pick their team from their high school yearbook.
Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Rock

Although I respect your opinion and I appreciate your knowledge of the inner workings of Nike and all that is Beaverton....it still leaves us in the same place. On one front I agree, JP is the only one who comes in here to defend his position which I appreciate...but his position is contradictory at best....THIS all started with colorways and how we complained that colorways are GIVEN away to cats with connects and "influencer" accounts...He came in and said no other colorways would be out there and Nike controls distribution, then outta no where while we are going back and forth the dude Mayor post an unreleases color on his twitter....Then what could he say??? Argument OVER....

Now this time is a little different....Honestly I dont really care if dudes like CK have connects...you know what, they built relationships over the years and now they have people in the inner workings that take care of them....I respect a dude like Ty who clearly sits in the epicenter of not only Chicago Sneaker World but the Chicago fashion world as well. Ive never met Ty, but I know several people that have...I know people that do business with him...and they all say that the dude is mad cool and knows his $%@%.....I read the blog...I respect the diversity more then anything else....

My post was not meant to be a strike at him...My post was meant to call out Nike and Nike BasketBall Specifically....Dont send messages through TY on what the shoe should be called (Flamingos....Stop it)....just give the people what they want.....Its bad enough you let a DJ design a pair of sneaker....not 1 of 1's but multiple size runs....just to give out to his friends....I mean CMON SON...that is unheard of.....There is NO other division in Nike that would allow something like that to happen.....Just think about it for a second, NO OTHER DIVISION (except maybe ID lol) allows someone to design there SIGNATURE shoe for distribution amongst the influencer accounts....How is that more profitable for business (which thats what its supposed to be about right?) How does allowing CK to give away pairs of kicks that he designs....designs that we will never have the opportunity to purchase..make the line more desirable?? I just dont understand that....

Which leads me to the second point....Shouldnt NIKE want people to emulate there stars???? BE LIKE MIKE was one of the most succesfull marketing campaigns in the history of marketing.....ALL marketing... not just Nike or footwear....Its almost impossible to be like this guy...He makes a product for himself....keeps it for himself (oh and his crew) and gives the people the scraps....SUP with that???? If thats not elitism I dont know what is.....

Again I felt it necessary to respond as there is no negative feelings toward Ty...Honestly I respect the brother because to your point he does post and his input IS respected not only on NikeTalk about all accross the "internets".....I just wanted to reinforce that my anger and frustration with the LINE in total has reached a point of no return....While you dudes call your UK connects...and get raped on the bay....and everywhere else....Just ask yourself....If this is all about business...WHY do you allow this line to make you CHASE there product with your money????
everything he said
smokin.gif

glad the finals are coming out for those who really wanted 'em but really....they(v3s)'s are garbage imo

they need to forget the 9 and put the 8 v2's on iD, i'll pay a premium markup for that
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by johngotty

Mayhem - I don't think it's nepotism or anything else. Nike has a corporate structure and past success/failure to look at. While we may not agree w/release strategies, they're very aware of what they're doing. Can't say I know the same connects as Rock or Ty but...they're just smart from a corporate P.O.V.
no doubt, they def know how to stay in business. But i would love to see Nike get back to what they were doing in the 90's when they were taking risks left and right...these

and i've heard about how certain folk like to bring in their own "crew" once they get into a position of power within Nike. i know its mostly in the marketing areas...but i don't doubt that the designers and other departments follow suit from time to time and pick their team from their high school yearbook.

Rock

Although I respect your opinion and I appreciate your knowledge of the inner workings of Nike and all that is Beaverton....it still leaves us in the same place. On one front I agree, JP is the only one who comes in here to defend his position which I appreciate...but his position is contradictory at best....THIS all started with colorways and how we complained that colorways are GIVEN away to cats with connects and "influencer" accounts...He came in and said no other colorways would be out there and Nike controls distribution, then outta no where while we are going back and forth the dude Mayor post an unreleases color on his twitter....Then what could he say??? Argument OVER....

Now this time is a little different....Honestly I dont really care if dudes like CK have connects...you know what, they built relationships over the years and now they have people in the inner workings that take care of them....I respect a dude like Ty who clearly sits in the epicenter of not only Chicago Sneaker World but the Chicago fashion world as well. Ive never met Ty, but I know several people that have...I know people that do business with him...and they all say that the dude is mad cool and knows his $%@%.....I read the blog...I respect the diversity more then anything else....

My post was not meant to be a strike at him...My post was meant to call out Nike and Nike BasketBall Specifically....Dont send messages through TY on what the shoe should be called (Flamingos....Stop it)....just give the people what they want.....Its bad enough you let a DJ design a pair of sneaker....not 1 of 1's but multiple size runs....just to give out to his friends....I mean CMON SON...that is unheard of.....There is NO other division in Nike that would allow something like that to happen.....Just think about it for a second, NO OTHER DIVISION (except maybe ID lol) allows someone to design there SIGNATURE shoe for distribution amongst the influencer accounts....How is that more profitable for business (which thats what its supposed to be about right?) How does allowing CK to give away pairs of kicks that he designs....designs that we will never have the opportunity to purchase..make the line more desirable?? I just dont understand that....

Which leads me to the second point....Shouldnt NIKE want people to emulate there stars???? BE LIKE MIKE was one of the most succesfull marketing campaigns in the history of marketing.....ALL marketing... not just Nike or footwear....Its almost impossible to be like this guy...He makes a product for himself....keeps it for himself (oh and his crew) and gives the people the scraps....SUP with that???? If thats not elitism I dont know what is.....

Again I felt it necessary to respond as there is no negative feelings toward Ty...Honestly I respect the brother because to your point he does post and his input IS respected not only on NikeTalk about all accross the "internets".....I just wanted to reinforce that my anger and frustration with the LINE in total has reached a point of no return....While you dudes call your UK connects...and get raped on the bay....and everywhere else....Just ask yourself....If this is all about business...WHY do you allow this line to make you CHASE there product with your money????
everything he said
smokin.gif

glad the finals are coming out for those who really wanted 'em but really....they(v3s)'s are garbage imo

they need to forget the 9 and put the 8 v2's on iD, i'll pay a premium markup for that
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Rock

everything he said
smokin.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

QFT

I basically have quit the lebron line for this exact reason.  I bought my pair of Christmans V2s and loved them.  I was dying to get my hands on another great V2 colorway....but none ever came.....then they ditched the V2 (my fav) for the hideous and underwhelming v3. 

I already don't like the lebron 9....so i guess I am done with the lebron line for the foreseeable future.  I loved the VIIs and VIII V2s....it was a nice run lol

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Rock

everything he said
smokin.gif

QFT

I basically have quit the lebron line for this exact reason.  I bought my pair of Christmans V2s and loved them.  I was dying to get my hands on another great V2 colorway....but none ever came.....then they ditched the V2 (my fav) for the hideous and underwhelming v3. 

I already don't like the lebron 9....so i guess I am done with the lebron line for the foreseeable future.  I loved the VIIs and VIII V2s....it was a nice run lol

Originally Posted by Gottips3

Even though the PS "Finals" will forever be associated with choking and failure, I still want them! :-s

laugh.gif
They really remind me of the beautiful losers Blazers that came out in 05-06. Either way they will be copped! (as long as ndc doesnt screw me)

Will eastbay be getting these or any retail stores?

laugh.gif
They really remind me of the beautiful losers Blazers that came out in 05-06. Either way they will be copped! (as long as ndc doesnt screw me)

Finals are copped. 

V1 or V2 on ID would be a dream come true.  I'd never say anything bad about Nike as long as I live.
laugh.gif

Finals are copped. 

V1 or V2 on ID would be a dream come true.  I'd never say anything bad about Nike as long as I live.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jking0821

QFT

yep, they've killed my passion for the lebron line.  i was really into the 6, then they cut back on giving us a lot of amazing colorways for the 7(which is a hot shoe), and then they cut back even more with the 8.  at this point, lebron and his crew can keep his PE's and special colorways.  when it really counts, his play doesn't even live up to the greatness of the designs of the 7 and 8(version 1 and 2).  besides, as time passes, hardly anyone will even care about lebron or his shoes because another player will come along and move things forward.  lebron poses as the king but the real king is in los angeles right now with 5 rings.

QFT

yep, they've killed my passion for the lebron line.  i was really into the 6, then they cut back on giving us a lot of amazing colorways for the 7(which is a hot shoe), and then they cut back even more with the 8.  at this point, lebron and his crew can keep his PE's and special colorways.  when it really counts, his play doesn't even live up to the greatness of the designs of the 7 and 8(version 1 and 2).  besides, as time passes, hardly anyone will even care about lebron or his shoes because another player will come along and move things forward.  lebron poses as the king but the real king is in los angeles right now with 5 rings.

Doesn't it feel good that we don't have to pay rape prices!!!!
I was just about to drop 300 on them!!!
Thank you Petrie!!!!
I know those Miami nights are coming.
Believe it or not I asked Nikestore on twitter an hour before they released when they would release guess they got my mesg lol.
I don't get this at all. They were coming out, it was just a matter of time. The Asian market dwarfs the American market and its important to get to them first according to Nike.

Stop sucking that dude.

Doesn't it feel good that we don't have to pay rape prices!!!!
I was just about to drop 300 on them!!!
Thank you Petrie!!!!
I know those Miami nights are coming.
Believe it or not I asked Nikestore on twitter an hour before they released when they would release guess they got my mesg lol.
I don't get this at all. They were coming out, it was just a matter of time. The Asian market dwarfs the American market and its important to get to them first according to Nike.

Stop sucking that dude.

Originally Posted by Sdot73

laugh.gif

Sorry guys, we do not expect any shipments at this time. If anything changes, we will update you here.  Thank you.

EastbayRep - Dustin

Originally Posted by Sdot73

laugh.gif

Sorry guys, we do not expect any shipments at this time. If anything changes, we will update you here.  Thank you.

EastbayRep - Dustin

laugh.gif
Nah, I'll stick with the 8 PS "Choke and Failures", has a nice ring to it. 

Chi..., you know brothas would get salty about the color options lol

ESPECIALLY if there was a ONE color option base and ONE midsole option lol

Id be salty too

laugh.gif
Nah, I'll stick with the 8 PS "Choke and Failures", has a nice ring to it. 

Chi..., you know brothas would get salty about the color options lol

ESPECIALLY if there was a ONE color option base and ONE midsole option lol

Id be salty too

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

QFT

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

At this point no one will EVER FORGET Lebron or his shoes. You are just kidding yourself if you think that.

Just because the color ways you like didn't come out doesn't mean the line will fail. The 8s themselves sold $75 million worth in profit. Do you think nike and or Lebron care what a few people on niketalk think, when the shoes are still selling well?

I guarantee no shoes from any other player in the next 10 years will reach the status that the Lebron and Kobe line have reached.

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

QFT

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

At this point no one will EVER FORGET Lebron or his shoes. You are just kidding yourself if you think that.

Just because the color ways you like didn't come out doesn't mean the line will fail. The 8s themselves sold $75 million worth in profit. Do you think nike and or Lebron care what a few people on niketalk think, when the shoes are still selling well?

I guarantee no shoes from any other player in the next 10 years will reach the status that the Lebron and Kobe line have reached.

Back
Top Bottom