The Sopranos. Worth watching?

Give sopranos a 4 episode watch.
If you don't like the show by then, you won't like the show at all.
The show did not live up to the praise.
You watched the wrong show bruh
Sopranos gets a 2.5/5 from me.
It's the only hbo show that I've seen that I didn't like.
giphy.gif
All due respect

paulie.jpg

That show sucked.

Sopranos is trash
Half of the viewers can't even relate to it
Where'd you dig up this number?
laugh.gif

If you actually think just a little bit outside the box, most people can relate to it.

You don't have to be from Staten Island and named Gino to relate to the concepts.

Yes, it's one of the best shows of all-time. Maybe it won't live up to the hype for you, but it's praised and ranked so highly for a reason... it's that good.

Don't get caught up in comparisons to other shows.. The Wire is such a unique show that it's difficult to compare it to something like Breaking Bad or The Sopranos or Mad Men. And shows/films/whatever can still be good or great without having to compare it to others.

Last edited:
Sopranos is my joint tho
Tony is a monster. :pimp:

Meadow Soprano :pimp:
:smh: @ Adriana flipping on the fam

Last edited:
Can someone name me another show that ran for 6 seasons that accomplished this...

The Sopranos, an American television drama series that aired on the premium cable network HBO between 1999 and 2007, won and was nominated for a variety of different awards. The show won 21 Emmy Awards in 111 nominations. It was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series in every eligible year and won in 2004 (as the first series on a cable network) and 2007. It also won five Golden Globe Awards in 23 nominations, including a win for Best Television Series – Drama for its first season in 2000. The series was honored with two consecutive George Foster Peabody Awards in 2000 and 2001 and also won several major guild awards (Directors,[1] Producers,[2] Writers[3] and Actors[4]) in addition to numerous other awards. Because of the show's long hiatuses between seasons, it was intermittently ineligible for awards.

Lead actor James Gandolfini and lead actress Edie Falco received the most nominations and wins of the show's cast members, including three Emmy wins each in their respective categories; as well as Falco winning two Golden Globe Awards, and Gandolfini winning one. Series creator and showrunner David Chase also received numerous awards for his work on the show as a writer, director and producer, including three Emmy wins for writing.

bada bingg!

I stopped watching on season 3 or 4. I just lost interest but watched the last few episodes even though I had no idea what the storylines were

That's impressive.. but when shows like The Wire never won anything.. it hurts the credibility of awards as proof of quality. The Wire only received 2 Emmy nominations and that was for writing.

I love this show but some of the characters would drive me crazy..Janice especially with her poorly veiled intentions trying to manipulate Tony and others

Sopranos was consistently entertaining season in & season out.

I could start a thread titled, "The Wire Season 2 vol. wassup wit dat?", easily 20+ pages of arguments rivaling any ninjahood ethnicity debate thread.

And before ya'll call me a Wire hater, I am a devout believer that argued against Crank's anti-Wire slander & pro-Entourage>Wire nonsense. Plus, I was also banned for making a thread about Bodie dying a week before the episode aired...yeah...that was me.

It was a great show but goes downward as far as plot is concerned after season 2.

The writers clearly did not have an overarching idea of a plot from season to season.

They often write themselves into corners and use RIDICULOUS deus ex machina to get out of it.

And no, it's nowhere near The Wire.

However, it's hilarious, depressing, enraging, etc and Gandolfini's performance is simply UNREAL.

It's definitely worth a viewing.

I've seen 1 episode throughout its entire run, the very last episode. I dont feel like I've missed anything at all. On the flipside, I've seen 4 seasons of The Wire and currently watched the 1st 3 episodes of Breaking Bad, and glad to be invested in those.

Sopranos gets a 2.5/5 from me.

It's the only hbo show that I've seen that I didn't like.
This is crazy talk to me. I've literally never heard anyone say they dislike the Sopranos. What didn't you like?

I didn't like the Sopranos as a whole, but I liked some characters/character arcs.

What I liked:

I loved Paulie and all the crap he went through. I liked Richie, Uncle Jun, Little Carmine, Tony's top earner's arc, the italy arc, Sil, Raphie, and Furio.

The opening song was good.

What I disliked:

Carmela, AJ, Meadow, Janice, Tony, sexy therapist, the list goes on.
Each season didn't build onto the next nor did it make me feel motivated to continue onto the next season.
I mainly watched the show for the characters I liked rather than expecting a captivating story.
I watched the show with an open mind until season 6.

Thank you to the person who told me that the Sopranos was about tony's family as much as it was about the mob.

Otherwise, I would have had an even more negative opinion of the show.

2.5/5

Srs

best acting on any show goes to sopranos by far,acting is pretty flawless by everyone(cant say that about really any other shows,as theres always a few of the cast with terrible acting but not really on sopranos)

,its slightly better than the wire as a whole.but still neither are touching breaking bad.

also shield is a very underrated show,and def in my top 5

Definitely a great show.

Definitely worth watching.

Definitely NOT as good as The Wire.

best acting on any show goes to sopranos by far,acting is pretty flawless by everyone(cant say that about really any other shows,as theres always a few of the cast with terrible acting but not really on sopranos)

,its slightly better than the wire as a whole.but still neither are touching breaking bad.

also shield is a very underrated show,and def in my top 5
Is it acting if you're actually from the place your chacter is from?

I remember reading some article about how various characters were actually from Balitmore and had never acted before.

I think they deserve more nods for that alone.

The Shield is terrific.

Is it acting if you're actually from the place your chacter is from?

I remember reading some article about how various characters were actually from Balitmore and had never acted before.

I think they deserve more nods for that alone.

The Shield is terrific.
lol im a big fan of the wire,great show.didnt really like season 2 that much and felt like they could of done more with the stoyline,although i know they were having problems with hbo and stuff if i remember.

lol yea u could tell some of those dudes never acted before cuz some of it was pretty bad at points.but i feel where your coming from about the sopranos,but hey acting is acting

Back
Top Bottom