the thread about nothing...

There was this store in my area that sold Pokemon cards and there were rumors around town that they opened up the booster packs, removed the holographics, and re-sealed the packs for sale.

You sent a USPS money order to Japan, how did they cash it? Was the package damaged in the transport or was it a scam all along?

Wait that’s a good point. I know the cards were for sure Japanese but I can’t remember the location. The card inside the plastic bag alleged that it happened in transport but It was fishy.

It was like 2 decades ago so I’m not tripping but definitely got scammed in the early ages of the Internet word to that Smart Guy episode except it was for money and not cheeks.

Wait that’s a good point. I know the cards were for sure Japanese but I can’t remember the location. The card inside the plastic bag alleged that it happened in transport but It was fishy.

It was like 2 decades ago so I’m not tripping but definitely got scammed in the early ages of the Internet word to that Smart Guy episode except it was for money and not cheeks.
I ordered a collection of a couple dozen music CD's on eBay and got an empty box that was ripped. The box wasn't wrapped well and didn't appear strong enough to take the beating. This was when CD's were getting phased out because of DSL, pirating, and MP3 players. So it wasn't very valuable. The package was not insured. I informed the seller and he issued me a refund. If I filed a claim through paypal I probably would've lost because the tracking marked it as delivered.

Last edited:
Anyone else keep this thinking it’d be worth a fortune? :lol:

914oDgtF6cL._SY606_.jpg

I remember my younger brother being obsessed in collecting the cards and my dad losing it when he found out my mom bought him a holfoil Charizard card for $100 lol.

Was never able to get a Charizard but the literal day I had moved on to Yu Gi Oh my cousin got it out of a booster pack from a Software Etc. store. I was pissed but I did get a holographic Machamp thought I grew to love

I remember I had the Charizard and a bunch of other holographs in a book. I lost the book.
Then I switched over to yu-gi-oh
I had the whole 5 card Exodia and a bunch of other rare ones. My sister took my cards and gave them to her friends at school.
That was the last card game I was into.
Then I moved to sneakers lol

Back
Top Bottom