the thread about nothing...

All the nba players that had statements on the back of their jerseys could put together a bball tournament in Chicago. All gang members enter free, meet n greet, food, concerts, and most important THERAPISTS ON HAND to talk to these young men and get to the root of the issue. Let them know that they're more family than "Opps". That's just off the top of my head. They only take action when it's time to condemn white folks.

I come in respect but I seriously doubt a large number of those individuals would go anywhere near said function out of fear of
A. Being identified
B. Being placed in a vulnerable situation

The idea sounds good in theory and could benefit the community but the target audience would probably be the least interested/invested in the event.

Sure, anything is worth trying.

Also, from hearing people from the city of Chicago speak on the topic there are plenty of rallys/marches/events that are held by celebrities to "Increase the Peace."

Many aren't broadcasted and many/most/damn near all take place while WE (outsiders) are simply oblivious to since we aren't there.

The communities do get together and there's rallys and marches but it still gets out of control. It's not really that people aren't trying to stop the violence. It's more like there's no real solution yet that'll work. Honestly, I don't believe celebs speaking out would do anything. So many bodies and so much history behind these shootings. Hundreds of gangs city wide, finding a way to pull them all together to stop the violence tough.

At the end of the day, many people there are:
Unemployed
Poor
Hungry
Angry
Not listened to

All while "others" in the same city are able to have a decent life for their families.

This is a systemic issue. Until the things above are fixed, bodies will continue to hit the floor.

People aren't trying to hear that "guns down " talk when they are struggling to make ends meet.

They could pull of an Avengers style film franchise with Mcdonald's Characters.

Mac oTonight is the Iron Man of the Group
Ronald is Cap
Grimace is Hulk
Ham Burglar is Hawkeye
Wendy is Wanda

They would make so much money.

Imagine the McDonalds promotions.

If this EVER HAPPENS.

McDONALDS I WANT FREE McDONALDS FOOD FOR LIFE for coming up with this idea.

(I went to see if this exist on a website called "Google.")

This is what I found... so I am not alone in this genius idea.

mcvengers.png

It does seem like they could be pushing their characters more in 2021.

Once the early 2000s hit, it seems like they barely promoted those dudes.

At the end of the day, many people there are:
Unemployed
Poor
Hungry
Angry
Not listened to

All while "others" in the same city are able to have a decent life for their families.

This is a systemic issue. Until the things above are fixed, bodies will continue to hit the floor.

People aren't trying to hear that "guns down " talk when they are struggling to make ends meet.
Add to that the racial segregation. The segregation in the city is deep seeded in Chicago politics and government. They went as far as building highways and using trains to separate races and class. But what really set all of this off can be traced to when they tore down all the housing projects that the city failed to begin with. They built all those high rise housing projects in the 50's to keep black people in one area and prevent them from moving into other neighborhoods. It wasn't bad in the beginning. But over time the city just completely stopped doing maintenance in all of the buildings. Literally refused to repair any of the housing projects. That's over 40,000 residents that were being denied repairs for decades. Over time the buildings deteriorated turning onto slums creating horrible living conditions and were eventually taken down in the 2000's to make room for gentrification. So where did all those 40,000 housing residents go? They moved across other areas of the south and west side. So now you have a situation where thousands of residents that belonged to a particular project and neighborhood are now beong forced to moving into neighborhoods and go to schools that belong to other gangs that weren't exactly welcoming. The fight for territory got ugly fast. That's when the violence ramped up.

Then in 2013 Rahm Emanuel shut down 50 public schools all at the same time which created another chaotic situation. All the schools were from black and latino neighborhoods except for like 1 or 2. So where did all those students go? They got bussed to other schools across the south and west side. So again you have a situation where you're rapidly moving kids into new areas that belong to other gangs. The territory wars got worse. Many of the students just dropped out cause it wasn't worth the risk. Complete chaos and disaster.

Back
Top Bottom