the thread about nothing...

As for Miss Biles, it kinda does look like she didn’t want to ruin her Olympic record by potentially getting lower scores so she decided to pull out. However, I can totally see that pressure being too much for her and causing her mental anguish. I would’ve just urged her to keep going because she’s got nothing to prove. She’s solidified her place among the greats.
with a lot of the major upsets happening all around in this olympics, I would understand why she want to keep her unblemished record. she raised up the bar so high with her previous performances that anything or a point lower than that would seem unacceptable for the spectators and judges. she doesn't have to prove herself to anyone. all her success is the result of her own hardwork. and people criticizing her are insignificant.

NT is fam so I dont mind saying this over here. I knew something was up with me for a while but fam finally convinced me to go to the ER and get a full work up since my mom and aunt both worked there and knew people. Long story short, docs are all but sure its the big C smh. I have one last test result to confirm it and see how bad it might be. This was all last week and still haven't fully processed it.
Real sorry to hear that man. Hope that last test will result in some good news in any way. We're here for you my guy. We're pulling for you. **** cancer!

NT is fam so I dont mind saying this over here. I knew something was up with me for a while but fam finally convinced me to go to the ER and get a full work up since my mom and aunt both worked there and knew people. Long story short, docs are all but sure its the big C smh. I have one last test result to confirm it and see how bad it might be. This was all last week and still haven't fully processed it.

stay positive fam.
f03840c2fc352c798ffcee82cef4859d.jpg

I’m glad you decided to get it checked out. We’re all pulling for you to get that clean bill of health, man.

Tbh I dont think its looking good cause I have a bunch of other things going on with me that also support the type of C. Honestly been feeling awfully crappy for weeks and especially the last few weeks. I could go on and on about my symptoms, its been a big struggle everyday.

Tbh I dont think its looking good cause I have a bunch of other things going on with me that also support the type of C. Honestly been feeling awfully crappy for weeks and especially the last few weeks. I could go on and on about my symptoms, its been a big struggle everyday.

I can only imagine the struggle. I still think your timing was good. Let’s get the treatments going ASAP.

Is there an issue with the term "colored" today?

Is it somehow less appropriate than something like "people of color"?

I'm colored btw
Colored would mean there are Whites vs The Rest Of The World / Non Whites :lol:
I could only write Non Whites here in order to describe a situation, but about real life I don't think we must refer to people that are Non Whites as Non Whites or colored as it would put us like the reference :lol:
And it's always suspect when someone don't use the simple term, if someone is Black it's not a problem to say it, unless in front of Whites :lol:
They are suspect in both ways for most of them, fearing of calling a Black a Black, and being suspicious if you dare to do it :rofl:
Guilty conscience du to the past I would say. But I'm not responsible for what Whites from the past did so I am not concerned by this :lol:
We don't chose our color so we don't have to feel responsible for what "our people" did
Because if we do we also have to feel responsible for all mean beating women etc.
No way !

Colored would mean there are Whites vs The Rest Of The World / Non Whites :lol:
I could only write Non Whites here in order to describe a situation, but about real life I don't think we must refer to people that are Non Whites as Non Whites or colored as it would put us like the reference :lol:
And it's always suspect when someone don't use the simple term, if someone is Black it's not a problem to say it, unless in front of Whites :lol:
They are suspect in both ways for most of them, fearing of calling a Black a Black, and being suspicious if you dare to do it :rofl:
Guilty conscience du to the past I would say. But I'm not responsible for what Whites from the past did so I am not concerned by this :lol:
We don't chose our color so we don't have to feel responsible for what "our people" did
Because if we do we also have to feel responsible for all mean beating women etc.
No way !

I dont understand any of this at all

Are you saying that there shouldnt be any terms used socially to refer to people who arent white under some catch all term?

I dont understand any of this at all

Are you saying that there shouldnt be any terms used socially to refer to people who arent white under some catch all term?
Yes I don't think we should use a "race" as a reference, it's like a hierarchisation of "races" when you do this, like what Hitler did with the aryan race, so only acceptable way would be to talk about human race then about each community according to me

Yes I don't think we should use a "race" as a reference, it's like a hierarchisation of "races" when you do this, like what Hitler did with the aryan race, so only acceptable way would be to talk about human race then about each community according to me

How exactly would you discuss something like equity without race?

If you dont mind me asking, what race and age group are you?

Damn man, I'm really really sorry that you have to even deal with the possibility of this.😥
You don't have answer this, but what symptoms did you exhibit that made you start leaning toward the big C?

How exactly would you discuss something like equity without race?

If you dont mind me asking, what race and age group are you?
I don't know if I was clear so what I mean is it's okay to talk about Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians or whatever group, I was just saying I'm not a fan of " Non White " term like " colored " because it puts Whites as a reference. And I think we don't need to have either Whites, Blacks etc. as a reference.
Mention a race is better than not doing it, that's what I wanted to say. Because Non something means these people don't even deserve to be called by what they are.

I'm White, 34

I'm sorry to hear, family. I'm hoping that it was detected early enough so that it's still in its early stages.

my mom's been battling an aggressive form of cancer since 2013 so our family has tried to stay informed about the new treatments and trial drugs that become available. i'm no expert but the technology and development of various treatments is constantly evolving and has grown tremendously over the past 8 years. so there's a lot of hope for folks to go into remission and be cancer-free.

wishing for the best, bro. NT's got you!

I refuse to believe that he cares that much about women's gymnastics that it affects him that Russia may win. He clearly just has an issue with black women and used this topic as veil for his racism and an excuse to spew negativity. Much like the Mike Vick incident. It was more about condemning a black man than it was for seeking justice for the dogs.

Back
Top Bottom