the thread about nothing...

my friend who works at prime Italian in Miami says he laughs when people try to get separate checks after they eat

not sure if its they policy but he tells them no

many high end places are like that i would assume but could be very wrong.. i just never went out to eat with people i never knew esp to some big time places so i am not sure whats its like for people asking for separate checks

to be fair though most the places i ate at in miami with my 2 friends all the meals were cooked to share with the group Izakaya Style pretty much

Mila i paid $365 we went ham on that menu our total was prolly just over a stack between drinks/food.. we also got a tomahawk steak at $245ish for the table

Papi Steak - i paid around $300.. My king crab lobster tail alone was $145 (and it was damn sure delicious) posted it in food thread

totally understand where you are coming from when you don't know the other people that are included but this should something that should have been discussed before IMO to get a understanding

cause no doubt its some grimey people outchea looking to get over on others

Today's e/scooter.
Screenshot_20211130-122251_Facebook.jpg

Idk why people don’t talk to the servers. It’s possible to have separate checks and have the bday person’s bill split on to everyone’s check.
The check situation is always a low level of awkward. Even when the waiter asks if the checks will be "separate", there's a little awkwardness with that wording imo. It almost comes across as "l don't know this other person". When l was a waiter, I'd say "will these be together or individual" and they always seemed a little more comfortable to say "individual".

The check situation is always a low level of awkward. Even when the waiter asks if the checks will be "separate", there's a little awkwardness with that wording imo. It almost comes across as "l don't know this other person". When l was a waiter, I'd say "will these be together or individual" and they always seemed a little more comfortable to say "individual".

It never really felt awkward to me and mines. I got a big extended family, we don’t have any problems with, “Them 6 on the same check, Those 4 over there on another …ect” Maybe because we come from nothing but “individual” does sound a bit more…classy, if you will.

I have a friend of mine who’s in his late 30’s and has never owned a car! Anyway, he gets around by way of his electric razor scooter that he paid over $1k. Well, it broke on him and he can’t afford the replacement parts and labor. Last I heard he’s got himself a bicycle. He should be in a beater car at least but I’m assuming he doesn’t have a drivers license.

People really be splitting big *** checks at restaurants when they are in a group with people they don't even know like that?
I went to one of my friends bday parties on Saturday at a steakhouse. It was 8 of us total. The bill was 1k. Not bad for a steakhouse, but here's where the issue came. I was there with my wife and bro. My friend had invited some girl he's talking to and her sister. Plus another mutual friend and someone else. The girls sister gets the bill first and says, "ok, it would be $135 a piece." Well, me, my wife and bro didn't order much because we weren't that hungry. I mean, Thanksgiving just happened. So we ordered light. So I tell them, hell nah, I am not paying $270 for me and my wife when we probably got $125 worth of food. That made everything awkward for a minute lol. Then the girls sister that I don't know says, you normally split in a big group. But I was like, I don't even know yall like that, I'll pay for my homie for his bday, but thats it. Also, the two sisters ordered well over $400 worth of food and alcohol. So it benefited them...Anyway, we end of getting a separate bill with me, my wife and bro and it was $211 total with tax and gratuity instead of $405 for the 3 of us. Was I wrong? Lol
Btw, afterwards we went to a lounge/club and I bought my homie a bottle for his bday, so the money isn't the issue, it's the principle.
I don't think you were wrong at all. Why would you be responsible to pay some of the bill for total strangers who ordered thrice as much as you. F that! People love to hit others with the "it's what you do when you're in a big group" when it benefits them but if the roles were reversed 10 outta 10 times they'd be the first to make a U-turn on that philosophy real quick.

Your post reminded me of when I went out with my brother & his wife for her birthday. We went to a Thai spot that served alcohol. My sis in law invited a few of her cousins & their partners. Me my brothers & their wives don't drink but all of my sis in laws side of the family does & they drink quite a bit. All I had that day was a plate of pineapple fried rice which runs 20 bucks top so with tax/gratuity my share should've been 30 bucks give or take. Since her cousins drink like the raging alcoholics that they are it drove up the bill to a lot & I had to pay about $58 IIRC. I wasn't happy about it but my sis in law was like take the L for her so I reluctantly kept my mouth shut. Paid an extra $28 for people I never saw before that day & haven't seen afterwards. Some bull**** :smh:

Hot dayumm. Is that pecan pie. 😩😩😩
Sure is 😁. We were lucky as hell to get our hands on some. Being we went during the week of Thanksgiving all them little bakeries & shops out there bake by order only during holidays which requires putting your order in weeks in advance. When we went to the Cider mill their pie section was empty so I walked away but my sis in law decided to go up to the lady working in the back kitchen & she actually had about 4 pies left. It was heavenly in flavor, probably the best pecan pie I've ever had.

Maybe I’m the underdog here but if it’s a big group I don’t mind paying more just to split it evenly. There’s nothing wrong with asking for a split check tho. Technically that’s part of the waiters job if you ask. I don’t want to be the one saying “you drank 3 drinks and I only drank 1” lol
That whole awkwardness sucks to me so I don’t mind paying that extra.

Well another option for splitting the bill is to just charge on your cc for the points/rewards and then have folks venmo you. But yea then you have to trust people too and if you don't know them well it could be risky.

Sure is 😁. We were lucky as hell to get our hands on some. Being we went during the week of Thanksgiving all them little bakeries & shops out there bake by order only during holidays which requires putting your order in weeks in advance. When we went to the Cider mill their pie section was empty so I walked away but my sis in law decided to go up to the lady working in the back kitchen & she actually had about 4 pies left. It was heavenly in flavor, probably the best pecan pie I've ever had.
That’s awesome man. Pecan pie is so good. My 3 favorite pies. (In no particular order):
1) Blueberry
2)Pumpkin
3)Pecan
I’m probably the only guy in the food thread who loves pumpkin pie. >D:lol:

And that brownie looks really good too. I love a good brownie for dessert. Must have been on point with the pie. You have great taste my dude. 🔥

That’s me
Maybe I’m the underdog here but if it’s a big group I don’t mind paying more just to split it evenly. There’s nothing wrong with asking for a split check tho. Technically that’s part of the waiters job if you ask. I don’t want to be the one saying “you drank 3 drinks and I only drank 1” lol
That whole awkwardness sucks to me so I don’t mind paying that extra.

Back
Top Bottom