the thread about nothing...

One-uppers are the worst, especially when the one upping they're doing doesn't even apply to them

"Yeah, I learned a little Spanish in high school."
"Oh my son speaks fluent Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, AND English!"

:smh:

Didnt get the job. Recruiter refused to tell me over email and called me five times to do so. Nice

I'm gonna study a lot harder and kill my future interviews. This job was trying to lock me in for two years at a lower pay rate before transitioning me to a regular full time. I'm gonna get a better one, I just got to keep working

As someone who was out of work for 18 months at one point, just keep at it but don't let it consume you. You're doing something right because you got an interview. If you exchanged information with the person who interviewed you, write them a thank you note if you hadn't and ask for feedback.

20191116_110818.jpg

First run of the season. Hoping/wishing for a long, cold, snow filled winter.

I don’t see any snow in the reflection on your goggles :lol:
Post to username checks out.

I'm in a little bit of a rut right now.

Would you rather accept a job offer that is further away from you but pays more, has a more consistent schedule, BUT shifts are 12 hours long?
OR would you rather accept another job that's ~35 minutes closer (depending on traffic, lulz) by driving commute times, has 8 hour shifts, but has a rotating schedule?
The first job offer pays $15k more than the latter, sooooo I really don't know.

To the Bay Area folks, the job that pays more is in South City, and the one closer to me is in the Emeryville/Oakland border. I'm gonna be driving from the Vallejo area, if that matters.
It really comes down to you and the quality of life you want.

An additional $15k sounds great, but, consider all other factors within your work/life balance.

If I were in your position, I would stay with my current job. Unless the company in South City gives you perks and benefits to offset your commute.

Work/life balance is important. Money is not everything. (I know you wedding planning and all, but you'll be good lol)

I'm in a little bit of a rut right now.

Would you rather accept a job offer that is further away from you but pays more, has a more consistent schedule, BUT shifts are 12 hours long?
OR would you rather accept another job that's ~35 minutes closer (depending on traffic, lulz) by driving commute times, has 8 hour shifts, but has a rotating schedule?
The first job offer pays $15k more than the latter, sooooo I really don't know.

To the Bay Area folks, the job that pays more is in South City, and the one closer to me is in the Emeryville/Oakland border. I'm gonna be driving from the Vallejo area, if that matters.

Do you plan on going up the ladder at either job? If yes, is there a company where you see more opportunities down the line?

Some good questions were already asked.

I say the same thing about this once a month

I kid you not my mother was terrified when she saw this with me and my brother for the first time. Almost banned Nick from the house

I was about 8 when this came out and it was definitely unsettling. It felt very weird.

That sawing clip is from the comedy Central reboot that was made for adult swim.

I need to reorganize my closet to make my pants and sweatshirts more easily accessible. And so half don’t end up unfolded or on the floor when I’m looking for one :lol:

played some pickup basketball to end a disappointing day. had fun and made shots, felt great
Lucky you. I can’t even begin my revenge training against these dudes from last week. A glass jar had fallen off the kitchen counter and I stepped on the broken glass cutting my pinky toe in the process. Thank God it wasn’t worse, especially being diabetic where you could lose a toe to infection. Going to let it heal now so it’s light walking for now :frown:

This is why I gave up on selling shoes on eBAY a long time ago. It is always for shoes.
Oh man I’m at that point now where I’d rather do OfferUp and deal with potential weirdos instead of eBay deadbeats/scammers.

I am not surprised. If you know, you know.
:emoji_upside_down:

#numerology

Don’t leave us hanging man, school us on it.

Back
Top Bottom