The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I meant in real life, I think when I meet or run into someone wearing a Rolex, they'd have a DJ.

^ Read a few reviews and they can be used underwater.

The only thing holding me back from the Sub is that everyone has it. As for the JLC, what's holding me back is that I already have two other chronographs.

Hulk sub. I have a good amount of watches and if I were to start over again from zero, the two watches that I wouldn't mind dropping money on any day of the week are my hulk sub and Batman GMT.

I got my ceramic hulk for 6000 out the door brand new, and my BLNR for 8300 brand new. I have worn them both a lot and would have zero trouble recouping those funds back 100% if I ever felt the need to sell. My hulk is 6 years old and still the same price. My BLNR is from 2015.

Can anyone point me in the right direction when it comes to Rolex restorations? Is there a website or someplace dedicated to doing so? I have a sub from most likely the 70s and I'd like to give it a refresher.

I got my ceramic hulk for 6000 out the door brand new, and my BLNR for 8300 brand new. I have worn them both a lot and would have zero trouble recouping those funds back 100% if I ever felt the need to sell. My hulk is 6 years old and still the same price. My BLNR is from 2015.

Ad? Those are some good numbers for two very coveted watches.

^ Read a few reviews and they can be used underwater.

The only thing holding me back from the Sub is that everyone has it. As for the JLC, what's holding me back is that I already have two other chronographs.

Hulk sub. I have a good amount of watches and if I were to start over again from zero, the two watches that I wouldn't mind dropping money on any day of the week are my hulk sub and Batman GMT.

Put me on.

Ad? Those are some good numbers for two very coveted watches.

From reputable resellers

funnily enough I got a call back today about the BLNR.. Suck that I'm po'. They want $8.9k + tax.

Timing is what it's all about, when the Batman first released msrp was 8900, they raised it to 9800 the following year. I'm sure that has something to do with it. That being said, I'm sure you can find one somewhere still for around 8500 if you wait.

Maybe marked up due to demand.

That's very likely or they included tax in the price.

Some good news I heard on Sunday, my ALS finished service two weeks early. Glass was replaced, complete overhaul and new strap. The boutique is 70 miles away from me and they offered to deliver the watch to my office. That is some amazing customer service. I declined the delivery cause I want to pick it up in person and go to this bomb restaurant out there. So that means i'll be able to shoot some pics when i'm there. I have one shoddy pic that the rep took for me, but she said that the ALS associates were visiting the boutique at the time and they were all admiring it. That makes me much more excited. I'm going as soon as I get off work. I'm not sure if anyone remembers when I posted pics back in February but the glass was cracked so it's nice to see it back in perfect condition. I know watches like these aren't everyones cup of tea, but you can't help but admire the craftsmanship.

View media item 2416056

Only BLNR I see under 9k are pre owned.

I'm going to see if I can get lucky at an AD in a random city when I travel.

My wife bought it as a gift for me. I like the functionality and customizability. You can set which alerts you receive from your phone. It can be used a a controller for the phones camera and the music library. The activity tracker is also a nice feature. It can track heart rate, calories burned and also functions as a pedometer and allows you to set daily goals.

You can respond to messages. It's water resistant, doesn't scratch easily, the screen is bright and so far the battery life is pretty good. The case size may be where some have issues. Apple measures the case vertically so the 42mm is actually closer to 36mm. Personally I was always pretty skeptical about it,but so far I don't have any complaints save for the Nike band but I'll be changing that shortly. I just don't like the way it looks

View media item 2416309

That's very likely or they included tax in the price.

Some good news I heard on Sunday, my ALS finished service two weeks early. Glass was replaced, complete overhaul and new strap. The boutique is 70 miles away from me and they offered to deliver the watch to my office. That is some amazing customer service. I declined the delivery cause I want to pick it up in person and go to this bomb restaurant out there. So that means i'll be able to shoot some pics when i'm there. I have one shoddy pic that the rep took for me, but she said that the ALS associates were visiting the boutique at the time and they were all admiring it. That makes me much more excited. I'm going as soon as I get off work. I'm not sure if anyone remembers when I posted pics back in February but the glass was cracked so it's nice to see it back in perfect condition. I know watches like these aren't everyones cup of tea, but you can't help but admire the craftsmanship.

View media item 2416056

Stunning Lange 1 Mondphase :pimp:

Tried on the "regular" Lange 1 at the boutique... surprised to see it wore quite small, and seemed rather thick. Love the brand... just not the prices :x :lol:

My wife bought it as a gift for me. I like the functionality and customizability. You can set which alerts you receive from your phone. It can be used a a controller for the phones camera and the music library. The activity tracker is also a nice feature. It can track heart rate, calories burned and also functions as a pedometer and allows you to set daily goals.

You can respond to messages. It's water resistant, doesn't scratch easily, the screen is bright and so far the battery life is pretty good. The case size may be where some have issues. Apple measures the case vertically so the 42mm is actually closer to 36mm. Personally I was always pretty skeptical about it,but so far I don't have any complaints save for the Nike band but I'll be changing that shortly. I just don't like the way it looks

There's also an abundance of watch faces to customize to your preference.

Cool, I've been wanting to get one actually cause a friend of mine who has an extensive collection of high end watches just got an Apple Watch and told me he hasn't worn anything fancy since. Figure with a claim like that it's definitely worth looking into.

Stunning Lange 1 Mondphase :pimp:

Tried on the "regular" Lange 1 at the boutique... surprised to see it wore quite small, and seemed rather thick. Love the brand... just not the prices :x :lol:

It's definitely a thicker case or at least seems like it is, size wise I don't mind it at all, it still wears large on me but I have a smaller wrist. Here are a few pics from when I picked it up. Service was a grand total of $2405. It is leaps and bounds more than I expected to pay but I guess it did have a cracked crystal. My Vacheron Constantin overseas chrono was $1580 and even that to me felt like a ton.

That's the great thing about Rolex, to date I've never serviced a single one, they just run forever--and even if you choose to service it, it's 400.

View media item 2417617View media item 2417618View media item 2417620

Back
Top Bottom