The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

only thing that interest me with jlc are reversos and that just fits awkwardly on my small wrist

maybe if i decide on a perpetual they might come back to my radar since its a good 39mm size but id really rather look elsewhere for something dressy, id pay double to get a patrimony for example

offered me a good deal on an Overseas Dual Time blue dial the other week. Thankfully that sold soon after. :lol:

sometimes it nice when a decision is made for you :lol:

only thing that interest me with jlc are reversos and that just fits awkwardly on my small wrist

maybe if i decide on a perpetual they might come back to my radar since its a good 39mm size but id really rather look elsewhere for something dressy, id pay double to get a patrimony for example

sometimes it nice when a decision is made for you :lol:
Yes indeed. :lol:

The Master Ultra Thin Perpetual is definitely a lovely piece. Great value, especially when pre-owned. Everything is coordinated through a single corrector button. Previously owned one. Just found the Ultra Thin-ness to be, well, too thin and small on my wrist. Had to remind myself that Dr. Strange is skinnier than I am. :lol:

A3C_LOaH-uYdxldVo5WlCsD7jlr0k1st_50ZSRfV_-bQU3KYrVDTTwQHbxCmXS_yjIeaN-p-e3WBSIHeBrG9rXPSTAJ4LYey8uXooE0OeWvoaW-GWTTIfz2fw6iG4pSfQcozx63tdEneKi-o0ErSlARLeQfoR09ef0h1kZng5hy1tcD6iuftTgwDkJd-Ut34B0VzmfD2l1F1zXfAO6WlOVVr1d3qcKutgI8gaWrsuJuLIRqggNeNzvEs59njnBGVH_f7HBT6vKMyqluqnuyegBBKOwdjjjkd6nLzZmmYICCv-m7gEkJ92DKbkB2TbI3w9Kia8FLaafcA2Zly1r98FzC3VAgqz_GkjOmLYPhb3Mz3jUsnX7dL1NBgW9zgoglfMzaYvOE4mSe4kf9MQpQGn3ObOT0iY-8upVUMyaqDh0h47CeKAu29h6J0znqutKkV8Pf1Y8B1HD0QTVtSh_fjeO6tmjw1dzElUvJ5Nl314ly8Rc1HV7a6Nbsx5RfBP3taM1dHbNKLSmxbkh22vjJ31bIJWcR5tWNR547eA-uq18beFtJouNPaNFg3Csg_3Ov3lJ9qgXgt_wTcxrliKOkAE18YnkodLwZUfxvYqxdDi9lsvS7C_cFMFbCpqMYzaQlzmlevtUKBMkmU9TqAqjXHWl7k6SywlCc=w1268-h846-no

yowie wowie!

not sure how you can let that beauty go

its one of those watches you got to keep wearing though or else if you're ocd and wants it accurate everytime you wear it (which I would) then setting everything is gon' get annoying but could also be good because then you'd have to wear 'em

maybe the vc patrimony traditionnelle chronograph perpetual calendar at 43mm and in platinum is more to your liking?
vacheron-constantin-patrimony-traditionnelle-chronograph-perpetual-calendar-47292-000p-9510-131231068265657028.jpg

good thing vc doesnt write down the the watches whole name on their dial :lol:

yowie wowie!

not sure how you can let that beauty go

its one of those watches you got to keep wearing though or else if you're ocd and wants it accurate everytime you wear it (which I would) then setting everything is gon' get annoying but could also be good because then you'd have to wear 'em

maybe the vc patrimony traditionnelle chronograph perpetual calendar at 43mm and in platinum is more to your liking?

good thing vc doesnt write down the the watches whole name on their dial :lol:

Easy. Just find some aspects about it that bug you the most and dwell on them (I won't elaborate -just petty details I've noticed when wearing it... which might not bug most owners). :rofl: It's now with a good friend of mine who got it as an engagement piece. The deal was just too good to pass up on at the time and I definitely was into the piece.

As for perpetual calendars, you don't really have to wear it all the time, or own a winder for that matter. With this particular piece, the single button corrector makes it really easy to set it up to date. You just need some time and patience to set it if you haven't touched it in a month, for instance. Everything is coordinated. If you go past the right date, you just let it die down and let the date catch up to the watch. If you set it too far ahead (for reasons unknown), it has to be sent back to the factory for correction. Otherwise, it's not too different than setting the date with a Submariner. And JLC did a fantastic job in QC with regard to regulating it well within COSC standards.

Looks stunning 43mm is too large for a dress piece, imho. 40-41mm max for me. I definitely got an eye on a perpetual calendar again, but realistically it's still a few years away. It's my favorite useful complication (I love chronographs the most, but they're pretty much useless these days unless you force yourself to use it lol).

Shots fired at Rolex :lol:

Just popped in my other AD and they had this on sale. Must be having a rough month because their displays were full and discounts were steeper than usual. :wow: My main AD still won't budge though. :lol:
WtkVOrGLXadsARAPiO89pXkKBPImCrEvd_mw9hBIGfDfggzM8ive_risHrRnwdTHRrUmLcIUcAtyPnERI9JYJltsiPwDwfddEf6a7R32kt0tIQqUwV4Lqh-jvxAX51pVR1ReO-d0dRQMk2VKV9TrF_AUf2Gbi5bZiEbrJrvs7UqTuhY5j9cH70j4bVS1zm-1y5S1dtfwfcCn5EmkxR8Crq204YvEb5koU8FCQS1OkVpXt6egrGYo3IlGJ51HjvfXggaSFf0cm3JnKpRUQW9OUrVQn4uh6VSwfTGHGTcxg29mXhcKvQr8awhXa71zm6Qq1HgyijR8VFxFvvjmAV1kGiS1rHZdVHuMXlsWErWmgRiMcLaMEaQBmETy6jfnF46f0i1vVs8RfYfeMXzqD1s545KeiIY1XH6E5y1wM8SOP-yy0DI9OIrqBkQbkL22XUmo14PBOA8Sckg_5fGay8Fc1ZcYkMraqkYr6yjgML0x1aZ9lVvvUQbvS12jkKEJToVs1PcrDi14jZpO2z1N2mYHAxPiDCHzWHn0rEiF-4q8GWY8fEqvZw7jkc6m6RTnMKgsEfu043tuMqqXQBjAEsyGI3ALLi0aQj3NZNoAab-De3qcLz3xOx3BXE9mFyGHCqk7HX94XuPpBvbbEjT1AbcsbmMYpIW-R0U=w1290-h922-no

Last edited:
J12 today isnt the J12 of a decade ago, theyve been trying to make it more prominent in the watch world

chanel bought part of a movement maker (i forget the name) that made them a new movement and that will be supplying components for tudor as well

movements are now also cosc certified, just make sure you are buying the newer breed than new old stock

they are probably up there with designer/fashion, high-performing timepieces and i do think the ceramic is gorgeous and the white ones are like no other

you can always get her quartz if her wrist is on the tinier end and she doesnt care much about movements and intricacies of watchmaking, itll save you a few bucks

^ The dials are really dark; the anti-reflective sapphire crystal is the one doing the reflecting.
43914310_197784431135017_1476537577053183766_n (1).png

its gorgeous and i am so glad they didnt go oversized with it for once since its likely gon wear bigger

66654939_2509692889088787_4893550325204781533_n.jpg

Anybody have experience with buying vintage. Theo and Harris has some decent pieces but I’m still undecided.

Anybody have experience with buying vintage. Theo and Harris has some decent pieces but I’m still undecided.
Be careful buying from them. A friend of mine noticed they sold a Franken once and the buyer didn't know.

Tried buying vintage twice so far. Haven't enjoyed it. So many details other collectors nitpick when you try to move them. Drives me nuts. :lol:

What watch turned out to be Franken?

Some Datejust with an incorrect movement if I remember correctly. Apparently he gets his inventory from some pawnshops/dealers in NYC. To be fair to Christian, it happens often in the vintage industry, but a seller with integrity should fully disclose the details about the piece to the best of their ability. With that said, you have to be careful and do your homework and check it out properly.

EDIT: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/t-h-admitting-rolex-frankenwatches-4897827.html

dont trust theo&harris, watch some of his yt vids and dude would wear some of the peieces he gets and then proceeds to say its for sale but keeps it on his wrist for the duration of the vid

dude is shady too, a couple of instances in the WUS forums where he was proven to be inept

dont trust theo&harris, watch some of his yt vids and dude would wear some of the peieces he gets and then proceeds to say its for sale but keeps it on his wrist for the duration of the vid

Literally every single watch dealer/broker does this. Not sure why you think this is a big deal.

not all and i am 100% sure of that

there are actually vintage dealers out there who handles what they sell with care, especially watches that needs more care than new ones

plus why wear the watch you're trying to sell and let them see you swinging your arms around with a chance of it being dinged?

wear it to show how it fits and looks on the wrist and then remove it then he can proceed with his hot takes

i think there was a vid or two where he states he wore the watches more than past the vid too and i am not going to buy any vintage watch from a dude who does that

I fail to see the big deal. A vintage watch is a watch that has likely been worn, and worn a lot, so it makes 0 difference to me if the selling dealer or broker also wears it (different story if they wear it but try to represent the timepiece as brand new). Again, this is very common practice and I personally know of a number of brokers who employ this practice. Same goes for cars--brokers drive their inventory on dealer tags all the time. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. We're talking about used goods here, not something brand new.

theres a risk of further damage so thats a big deal to me, no matter how careful i am i still scratch and hit and casue some wear and tear on the watch when i wear it, also do not need extra gunk and sweat in an older watch

to me a vintage watch needs more care, a used car isnt really a good analogy even a vintage one, you scratch a car and it can be fixed and no issues

you scratch a vintage watch and you dont really want to be buffing it out and both affects the value especially with smaller vendors

this is a bit of an extreme but would you trust this guy if he wore all of these watches casually on a daily basis and then puts the watches up for auction for hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars?

theres a risk of further damage so thats a big deal to me, no matter how careful i am i still scratch and hit and casue some wear and tear on the watch when i wear it, also do not need extra gunk and sweat in an older watch

to me a vintage watch needs more care, a used car isnt really a good analogy even a vintage one, you scratch a car and it can be fixed and no issues

you scratch a vintage watch and you dont really want to be buffing it out and both affects the value especially with smaller vendors

this is a bit of an extreme but would you trust this guy if he wore all of these watches casually on a daily basis and then puts the watches up for auction for hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars?

A lot of these dealers do wear their merchandise before they are sold. And some after. :x

Mr. Bacs is like the watch world's biggest hype man though :lol: With that said, the condition better be as described upon inspection.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom