The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I’ve gotten the best service by far at Bulgari. Perrier or espresso and chocolates as soon as i sit. Very nice staff too. I’m cool with a couple guys at my local Rolex AD but usually just pop in to shoot the **** since they never have any stock.
I saw a plastic Bulgari watch on fleabay years ago that the seller described as a service watch that Bulgari used to give ppl while their watch was being fixed, did they really do this/still do it to this day?

Good thing I held off that deal from Toppers Jewelers recently. Got this for free courtesy of the Lumen :lol: The silver version is pretty sweet as well!
IMG_20190828_090917.jpg

how do i get one for free...?

Buy from a boutique that's in a kick-*** mall that gives you vouchers to spend on the stores there every time you purchase from one of their tenants . They also gave a free limousine airport transfer afterwards. :smokin

It was either this, a new phone, some cufflinks, or a drone. Maybe even that Lego Millennium Falcon. It gets you to spend on pointless stuff you wouldn't buy normally because you can't convert the vouchers to cash. :lol:

Can anyone recommend sites to buy a used Rolex? I only know of chrono24 and StockX. I’m hesitant to even use StockX for that considering they can barely authenticate shoes at times. I have a budget around 3-4K. I was gonna buy a new Cartier tank solo for around that price, but I feel like a Rolex, even used, would be a better buy. Appreciate any help.

^ Try guys like DavidSW, European Watch Co., or Watchbox. Prices are a bit on the high side, but they check out pieces before they sell them and offer some warranty should you have any issues with the piece.

wear rare airs wear rare airs airs not just yet, but it's identical to the standard Datograph Up/Down, just with the limited numbered markings.

Can anyone recommend sites to buy a used Rolex? I only know of chrono24 and StockX. I’m hesitant to even use StockX for that considering they can barely authenticate shoes at times. I have a budget around 3-4K. I was gonna buy a new Cartier tank solo for around that price, but I feel like a Rolex, even used, would be a better buy. Appreciate any help.

Bob’s Watches
Crown and Caliber
DavidSW
watchbox/goveberg jewelers

All reputable and all have stock in the $3-$4k range, bump your budget to $4.5k and you’re looking at a Oyster Perpetual or Datejust less than 5-10 yrs old.

looks like a Tissot or an Omega from the 60's or 70's I always end up seeing on fleabay that'll be located sumwhere in South America

Zenith did everything with the El Primero this year except for reissuing the A386 in steel (the box set doesn't count). *facepalm* :smh:

Price for these latter BR 05 models is $4,400 USD on the strap and $4,900 USD on the steel bracelet.

Skeleton is $5,900 USD on a strap (BR05A-GR-SK-ST/SRB), and $6,400 USD on a bracelet (BR05A-GR-SK-ST/SST).

Price for the Bell & Ross BR 05 Gold on the strap is $21,500 USD and on the bracelet, the price is $32,500 USD.

watch brands stepping it up a notch, good time to offer steel alternatives since rolex, ap and pateks are all being held or be forced to spend a certain amount :smh:

Oris Big Crown ProPilot X Calibre 115

Oris-Big-Crown-ProPilot-X-Calibre-115-08.jpg

The Calibre 115 is another of Oris’ exclusive movements that the brand doesn’t produce but that is designed by them and exclusively made for them. The manually wound movement has a “non-linear” power-reserve indicator (which just means that the power-reserve indicator hand moves at a different rate — your eye won’t notice it moving) and a total power reserve of a very long 240 hours. That is a total of 10 days. In addition to the large power-reserve hand, the dial also has the time and subsidiary seconds dial at 8 o’clock.

Oris-Big-Crown-ProPilot-X-Calibre-115-05.jpg

The Oris Big Crown ProPilot X Calibre 115 watch in titanium is $7,200 USD on the leather strap and $7,600 USD on the titanium bracelet.
Oris-Big-Crown-ProPilot-X-Calibre-115-02.jpg

^ I just hope they sort out the accuracy issue as the power reserve winds down.

Agreed. Definitely liking how the other manufactures are pushing out nice alternatives. Even Vacheron Constantin introduced a steel version of their Cornes De Vache Chronograph the other day. :smokin

The spend and the bundling thing with AP/Rolex/PP is starting to get really annoying already (spend 100-150k to get a 30-50k watch at retail :smh: ).

Price for these latter BR 05 models is $4,400 USD on the strap and $4,900 USD on the steel bracelet.

Skeleton is $5,900 USD on a strap (BR05A-GR-SK-ST/SRB), and $6,400 USD on a bracelet (BR05A-GR-SK-ST/SST).

Price for the Bell & Ross BR 05 Gold on the strap is $21,500 USD and on the bracelet, the price is $32,500 USD.

For 6k I think the Skeleton is a great value. I’ll inquire about it on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom