The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Yea that’s one thing I hate that it’s white/black dial then gold/black bezel
That’s one thing that drew me to the BB58. Im not much of a gold watch wearer, but the gilt accents on the dial & bezel are subtle yet add some pop to the overall aesthetic. I feel it stands out a bit more in person.

Blue dial S1 dropping this week
BFBDA3B7-E202-4ABA-BB93-8A8DB6552122.jpeg

Went to an AD yesterday cause I wanted to see the two tone bluesy but they said they haven't gotten any sport models for a year. Just lady datejusts and 36mm datejusts.

i dont believe that theyve never gotten any in a year but i believe they dont have any

to me it just makes no sense for a business to stay afloat with an empty case all year long and not get any sport models to sell

there's been many occasions of the stores being close during the pandemic and big spenders and vips picking up watches by driving up the storefronts

breitling with a watch leasing program...

'Breitling Select' Brings A Watch Subscription Program To Your Wrist

Once registered with the platform, the service requires a 12-month contract, a one-time subscription fee of $450, and a monthly payment of $129. The year includes the three watches, each of which can be kept (one at a time) for at little as one month or as long as six months.

The selection of subscription-ready watches is limited to a collection of refurbished models prepared specifically for this program, and the watches (and indeed their straps/bracelets) are carefully maintained for the program (and the possibility of converting the loan to a sale). Additionally, Breitling says that the Select collection includes many of the brand's most popular watches.

The base annual cost hitting a not inconsiderable $1,998 in the first year ($1,548 thereafter, annually).

A. Langes New Purchase Policy

Come April 1st, any Lange 50k and above is now by application only. What this means is anyone who wishes to purchase a Datograph, Zeitwerk or an 1815 Chrono is going to have had purchased two Langes before they are eligible to “apply” and then wait a minimum of 6 months.

Good thing my AD likes me. I was able to walk in,ask for it and cop. If only getting a SS Rolex were so easy for me.

those were the days, now you got them bundling up or requiring minimum $50k purchase before you can reserve and then get the watch in 6 months... times are crazy

people initially thought the pandemic meant people aren't gon' spend but it turns out the wealthy just had less things and activity like shopping and travel to spend their money on so they started buying watches and other collectibles

and not a damn daytonas going for $35k, seemed like just last week i was astonished as posted it hitting $30k and last year around sep/oct it was like $25k?

what do you think? Buy second hand ? Prices stop rising yet?

I bought this one second hand. First one I purchased second hand and not from a AD. I was kinda afraid to get because I got it for a really great price. Compared to what they are going for I got this for a steal. I did my research and everything checked out. No original band or box but for what I paid I don't mind. Prices are only going up from what I have seen. If anyone can see anything fraudulent about anything let me know. I don't know why guy let this go for so low. I would highly recommend. I have the 007 and the 009 and the 013 feels really good. Light and a perfect size for my wrist.

As someone who has/had every sports model Rolex makes save the YMII, this is the best value you can find. If you can snag one for sub 5.5k I recommend it. If Rolex comes through and releases a white dial Exp 1 like rumors suggest, the 14270/114270 are going to pop to 8k-10k a piece. Aside from that, the 36MM explorer is the nicest and cleanest three hander money can buy
It’s under the radar, can take a beating, looks good in jeans and a shirt or suit and is super legible

a 14060M comes second

Attachments

• CFAEF413-930F-4EE7-905B-BD7C401F3EB8.jpeg
    CFAEF413-930F-4EE7-905B-BD7C401F3EB8.jpeg
    300.4 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom