The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

suit and no tie
6010FC43-DB9B-4155-A99D-0D932C61BDDD.jpeg

If Rolex makes an explorer 1 with white dial they’re going to stop making the black dial ? Why would prices pop otherwise ? I ask because I’m trying to get my hands on a black one right now

I got pretty blessed two weeks ago and was able to acquire a preowned rose gold bracelet for my Royal Oak 15500OR on leather. It does need to be refinished eventually and I don’t know how AP service center will handle it since the watch initially came on leather but hopefully no issues. They do sell the bracelet for 25k a la carte themselves (up from 18k last year). But I managed to scoop this one up for 14.5k.

Too bad I can only wear an Apple Watch now out of fear of getting jumped and robbed in LA :angry:

and yes I know I need lotion. Pandemic has me washing my hands every hour.

C328F928-2D5A-499D-A8EA-CE599B8F6180.jpeg

if they do, i dont think they'll stop making the black one but no one really knows what rolex is going to do, we're only a couple of weeks away from finding out though

I got pretty blessed two weeks ago and was able to acquire a preowned rose gold bracelet for my Royal Oak 15500OR on leather. It does need to be refinished eventually and I don’t know how AP service center will handle it since the watch initially came on leather but hopefully no issues. They do sell the bracelet for 25k a la carte themselves (up from 18k last year). But I managed to scoop this one up for 14.5k.

Too bad I can only wear an Apple Watch now out of fear of getting jumped and robbed in LA :angry:

that's a come up for sure and you'd be walkign crooked, i tried on the white gold chrono ap and that thing was so heavy that i felt my left arm getting sore just thinking about it :lol:

still on a hunt for a 15450 but have given up on the bh location so started calling the ap boutiques int he US, at least official boutiques do not play games with bundling

if they do, i dont think they'll stop making the black one but no one really knows what rolex is going to do, we're only a couple of weeks away from finding out though

that's a come up for sure and you'd be walkign crooked, i tried on the white gold chrono ap and that thing was so heavy that i felt my left arm getting sore just thinking about it :lol:

still on a hunt for a 15450 but have given up on the bh location so started calling the ap boutiques int he US, at least official boutiques do not play games with bundling

Yeah APs are a different level of beast in solid gold. Are you looking for steel, rose or yellow 15450? I’m not sure why but prices have gone up dramatically on them. I have a gut feeling they will transition the model to a 38mm to match the chrono size. There’s some talk about it, but nothing official.

just the steel in ruthenium, im on the proverbial list for the grey and navy but was told navy might take a year or two while the grey is a possibility this year, i think we've spoken about it in the past

ive considered the two-tone but i just cant do it a this point and solid gold and im in the same boat as you in terms of being scared for my life, now if a white gold were available then thats another story

also wish the chrono had better dial selections for the 38mm, panda dial in steel will have that list like the daytonas

and yah, ap is increasing the prices at an insane level every year, ~4 years ago the 15450 retailed at $16k and now close to $21k, that's madness but at least the resale it goes up with it so its easier to stomach

funny enough, this was posted today

and she also mentioned the 34mm RO and ive been looking to try that one on since last year and no luck

i think itll work for me too considering i wear 36mm op/dj but they dont offer much in variety since they still advertise it as womens

wear rare airs: your ap is a beauty.

i used to never get the luxury watch market. since the last 6 months are so i've gained a real appreciation for "luxury" timepieces.

Don't post often cause I haven't had anything to actually show but I finally got something new
16159296170984552819602154479828.jpg

Was looking at the powermatic 80 open heart for a while but this suddenly came up in an ad. Advertisement shots do not do it justice, once I saw the on wrist shot I just had to have it. Apparently it came out in 2013 for an anniversary for the brand, this colorway is no longer readily available but you can find it in select shops and retailers

lotion? Nah. That’s not even the word.

just the steel in ruthenium, im on the proverbial list for the grey and navy but was told navy might take a year or two while the grey is a possibility this year, i think we've spoken about it in the past

ive considered the two-tone but i just cant do it a this point and solid gold and im in the same boat as you in terms of being scared for my life, now if a white gold were available then thats another story

also wish the chrono had better dial selections for the 38mm, panda dial in steel will have that list like the daytonas

and yah, ap is increasing the prices at an insane level every year, ~4 years ago the 15450 retailed at $16k and now close to $21k, that's madness but at least the resale it goes up with it so its easier to stomach

I started with the 41mm and then had a phase with the 37/38. I can wear both no problem, but i do believe the 34mm will probably be a bit small.

I might need to thin down my collection a bit. If that happens I will let you know. I still have the 37mm in blue and the 38mm chrono in silver/blue. Those might be the first to go, it may have been a full year now since i've taken them out of my safe.

Hell, I still have a rose gold DD40 chocolate with bagette markers that i've never even worn.

That being said, I really hope you find an AD that wont BS you. I go back and forth between Westime and AP @ Palazzo LV. I've bought a few at Hing Wa Lee but they barely even answer my calls anymore

Don't post often cause I haven't had anything to actually show but I finally got something new
16159296170984552819602154479828.jpg

Was looking at the powermatic 80 open heart for a while but this suddenly came up in an ad. Advertisement shots do not do it justice, once I saw the on wrist shot I just had to have it. Apparently it came out in 2013 for an anniversary for the brand, this colorway is no longer readily available but you can find it in select shops and retailers
these looked easy to to get or find at least in 2016. they did a smaller (36mm) version in the 1990's ref Z197 & of course the smaller version in the 1950's, also 36mm. I see the 50's version in many different metals on your fleabay/chrono24 etc (14-18 carat gold, steel) I believe yours has a larger movement from those since ppl said the larger size is easier to read.

That sounds accurate, this one is 43mm, it was pretty drastically reduced so I can see it being easy to get. The website still has it available although in a different color

post some writshot if you can, dont matter new or old

I started with the 41mm and then had a phase with the 37/38. I can wear both no problem, but i do believe the 34mm will probably be a bit small.

I might need to thin down my collection a bit. If that happens I will let you know. I still have the 37mm in blue and the 38mm chrono in silver/blue. Those might be the first to go, it may have been a full year now since i've taken them out of my safe.

Hell, I still have a rose gold DD40 chocolate with bagette markers that i've never even worn.

That being said, I really hope you find an AD that wont BS you. I go back and forth between Westime and AP @ Palazzo LV. I've bought a few at Hing Wa Lee but they barely even answer my calls anymore

you wont have any problem moving those especially since they've just been chillin in the safe

and thats what sucks about this "ad relationship" they keep talking about, they encourage new buyers to build it but to those who had one but do not consitently buy every other month or purchase jewelry or other misc stuff and you become non-existent

west time dudes are pretty much dicks and hingwalee seems like they dont even want me to come near them unless im gon' buy a couple of tags at retail

A7F12EDB-0EDF-4FE5-9C18-000260941768.jpeg

I’ve never been a huge watch person but i did just cop my first Rolex and it just came in. It’s a vintage Oysterdate from 1958. When i first opened the package i thought the face of the watch was too small but it does look better when worn. I’ll eventually upgrade but this is a good everyday watch for me and feels very understated which i like.

Back
Top Bottom