The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

exactly the same time last year Zenith released the chronomaster sport to copy the daytona, this year is copying the royal oak/laureato

ZENITH DEFY SKYLINE

1.png

2.png

3.png

Wanna buy my first (decent) watch. I’ve had a number of them throughout my life, but nothing to brag about. I know bare minimum when it comes to watches, but I’m not completely clueless. I’m moreso looking entry level, and I originally wanted a Tissot, there’s a lot I love. But then I came across this Tudor Prince oysterdate, and I REALLY love everything about the watch. My question is, pricing. It’s listed for just under $1500 Is this a “jump on it now” price, or if I miss this, will I eventually come across this watch in a few months for the same price? Is it even worth the price, or is that an “eye of the beholder” situation? Appreciate y’all in advance

Attachments

• 1F18B005-ADDE-4343-805F-C827752256E0.jpeg
    1F18B005-ADDE-4343-805F-C827752256E0.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 14
  • A85247AF-3E20-4967-8C28-C97231DEB6CE.jpeg
    A85247AF-3E20-4967-8C28-C97231DEB6CE.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 70
  • B054E657-2302-419F-844B-35FB964D5345.jpeg
    B054E657-2302-419F-844B-35FB964D5345.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 71
tudor is a solid brand. however, i think that is a vintage model so you have to take some things into account. when was that watch last serviced ? older watches aren't as resilient as the modern day models as need to be treated with more care. i think you just really need to know what you're getting/getting yourself into before pulling the trigger. the price is attractive but do a little research before pulling the trigger. you may be better off saving some more money to buy something more modern. just my 2 cents.

tudor is a solid brand. however, i think that is a vintage model so you have to take some things into account. when was that watch last serviced ? older watches aren't as resilient as the modern day models as need to be treated with more care. i think you just really need to know what you're getting/getting yourself into before pulling the trigger. the price is attractive but do a little research before pulling the trigger. you may be better off saving some more money to buy something more modern. just my 2 cents.
I asked, but since it’s got the Rolex branding on it, I gotta assume it’s a late 90s model. What would be issues that I’d run into with a watch from the 90’s? I’ll definitely look deeper into it myself before pulling the trigger, just curious though

I personally wouldn't do a vintage watch for your first entry level luxury watch. Look at the Tudor Royal which is the newer version of the prince some what.

vintage watches are less waterproof, like i wiuldnt even go out in the rain or wash my hands with it on

the movement might be less accurate and might need more care as mentioned, as a daily im not sure youd want a more sensitive watch being banged around, older movement arent as shock proof

then theres the authenticity, not just if the watch is real but if he movement inside and its parts are made by/from tudor or if its original

if i were buying vintage, it has to be in person and id have to have a vintage watchmaker look it over and check all the right boxes before i buy them

for a first watch that will be worn daily and beaten, youre better of going modern and there are so many options out there now

Tag Heuer 40mm Aquaracer 'Outdoors'

auto $2500
6.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

7.jpg

quartz $1850
4.jpg

5.jpg
The best looking aquaracer yet. Close to a possible purchase if not for the placement of the word aquaracer on the dial and maybe more of a taper of case to bracelet.

by who? the dealer?

:lol:

the websites wonky, wont load but saw it starts at $5k… id negotiate it to the price of the car and get it for free :rofl:

Yea. Apparently the more they sell the more allocations they get or so they say. I’m trying to see if I could get $5k of useful add ons like ppf or wheel/tire insurance. I can’t imagine these watching having much if any value otherwise. I mean I’d be happy to get 3 or 4 if it meant being able to get a gt3. Will probably go ahead with it and just sell it on eBay to try and recoup anything.

not sure you can get much from it but better than nothin i guess?

or depending on the type of customization you can do on the watch, maybe just wear it if its at least halfway decent

or just flat out tell them you need that gt3 and ready give em $15k for a watch

It’s a German made titanium chronograph so there’s a little appeal to it. But I can’t imagine a time where I would decide to wear it over any other of my watches.

that sucks but cant the dealerships just order it themselves and keep getting allocations and then give it out for free to their clients/customers who are undecided instead of offering other incentives or discounts?

im sure there are a lot of macan or panamera buyers out there who flip flops and a free watch might just swing it

or does porsche knows its got to be ordered by a customer?

It sucks that these industries have this amount of power over the buyer right now. The things that they are getting away with are insane.

Back
Top Bottom