The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I see about almost 30 Rolex watches a day. They're cool but I would never get one. Nothing but a basic status symbol to me.

Here's my contribution:

View media item 882698
Its a daily diver I wear to work. Not a fan of Stuhrling as a whole (German named watches made in China :x ) but my girl gave me this, so I kinda had to wear it.

It does what it needs to do. Also have a fossil for the weekends. If anyone wants to see it I'll take a pic :rofl:

Really digging these Nixons.. im 24, do yall think it might a little childish? :lol:

Not at all. I was actually thinking about buying the Nixon Murf. But now that I've seen that Citizen Nighthawk, I might have to change my plans. Im 22 if that matters. :lol:

Edit: Here's a pic of the Murf

nikon.jpg

stand up!

weoutchea rockin sub $100 pieces pleighhboiii
:rofl:

:pimp:

You already know Monica

Last edited:
Yeah, the nighthawk is really nice bro. I'm gonna hand make a band for it as soon as this semester is over.

Ive never been a huge Rolex fan. Not fond of their designs usually, id rock one just cause of the name.
I just like their simple and timeless designs, especially older models like mine (1978 Oysterdate Precision, pic on previous page)

Plenty of choice in models, you can go from very simple and clean to as flashy as you want. I don't like my watches too busy and cluttered like Hublots etc.

Only exception is the AP Royal Oak, something about it just attracts my attention.

1stwitit 1stwitit

How much did you pay for yours?

If I can find a Nighthawk for the same/relative price as the Murf, I'll probably pass on the Murf.

Here are the usual watches that I wear. Nothing to fancy really. The latest one I got was the Citizen on the end.

1stwitit 1stwitit

How much did you pay for yours?

If I can find a Nighthawk for the same/relative price as the Murf, I'll probably pass on the Murf.

How much was the Nixon? The US version is selling for $209 @ Jomashop right now, I have seen them go as low as $190 and payed $237 from Amazon which is an authorized dealer of Citizen which comes with their 5 year warranty.

The Nighthawk is definitely a great buy for under $200
(+) Eco-Drive Movement = No battery changes
(+) Citizen Blue Lume
(+) GMT
(+) Standard Lugs
(+) Great Bracelet for the price
(+) 200M WR
(+) Screw Down Crown
(-) Brushed finish = scratch magnet (use scotch brite pad)
(-) Mineral Crystal & Raised
(-) Shorter Power Reserve compared to my Skyhawk & Calibre 2100

How much was the Nixon? The US version is selling for $209 @ Jomashop right now, I have seen them go as low as $190 and payed $237 from Amazon which is an authorized dealer of Citizen which comes with their 5 year warranty.

The Nighthawk is definitely a great buy for under $200
(+) Eco-Drive Movement = No battery changes
(+) Citizen Blue Lume
(+) GMT
(+) Standard Lugs
(+) Great Bracelet for the price
(+) 200M WR
(+) Screw Down Crown
(-) Brushed finish = scratch magnet (use scotch brite pad)
(-) Mineral Crystal & Raised
(-) Shorter Power Reserve compared to my Skyhawk & Calibre 2100

Thanks for the pros & cons. :pimp: The power reserve isn't that big of a deal, after 30-45min under sunlight, the Nighthawk can last 6 months. I think I'll be cool with 6 months. :lol:

The Nixon Murf usually sells for that range, actually $170-$250 is what I've been seeing. I'll definitely be looking for the Nighthawk now.

Thanks for all the info.

Last edited:
jYabbz what are the pros and con's of the Seiko that you posted earlier. The SARB033 or 35? I like that one and think that will be my next watch purchase. I mainly want to know the size like in comparison to say a submariner? And also what happens if you forget to wind a mechanical watch?

Last edited:
jYabbz what are the pros and con's of the Seiko that you posted earlier. The SARB033 or 35? I like that one and think that will be my next watch purchase. I mainly want to know the size like in comparison to say a submariner? And also what happens if you forget to wind a mechanical watch?

I don't have that particular SARB model, I have the SARB017 and SARB065 with the same movement. But I will post a quick pros and cons based on reviews and specs for you.

SARB033/SARB035
(+) Hack (seconds hand stop when crown is pulled out) and Handwinding (turn crown clockwise like mechanical watch to start, great if not worn regularly)
(+) Reliable in-house movement
(+) Fit and Finish is excellent for the price
(+) (SEL) solid end link bracelet
(+) Standard lug width
(+) JDM exclusive, few people in the US other than WIS will have one
(+) Sapphire Crystal
(+) Exhibition caseback
(+) 100M WR (Great for a dress or dressier watch)
(+) Price, Great Value for the price under $400, even better with the weaker Japanese Yen
(+) Signed crown with Seiko "S"
(+/-) Classic, simple design, can be worn as a dress watch for most people
(-) Movement not as smooth as my Tissot Visodate and Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic
(-) Undecorated movement
(-) Not a Screw Down Crown
(-) Smaller than I like @ 38mm (reference, will be smaller than a Rolex Sub @ 40mm)
(-) JDM exclusive, not available in the USA and can't see in person (have to order via Higuchi, Chinowatch, Seiya)

The watch is an automatic with handwinding ability. Just make sure to wear it or wind it @ least once a month for the oil to spread around. You shouldn't need a watch winder unless you are getting something with some complications and non-handwinding watch. Definitely one of the best values around under $400 NEW.

Last edited:
do you know how much a 2nd hand of this watch would run?

I have no idea, but I got this one for $879.24 from Jomashop if I remember correctly. MSRP is $1,345. Hope that gives you some idea on the price.

Unique-looking timepiece, that's for sure. Get a lot of compliments on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom