The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

JYabbz The Seiko's a bit small for my liking. What is your take on the Certina DS1?

They are not bad at all and get good reviews but Certina is hard to buy in the USA as they are more geared to the Euro market. Check out Hamilton and Tissot, they are around the same price as Certina and available in USA. I have the Hamilton Khaki King on a bracelet and it is a nice watch for $400, 40mm, standard lugs, versatile watch, see through caseback, hack and handwind

Last edited:
JYabbz The Seiko's a bit small for my liking. What is your take on the Certina DS1?

They are not bad at all and get good reviews but Certina is hard to buy in the USA as they are more geared to the Euro market. Check out Hamilton and Tissot, they are around the same price as Certina and available in USA. I have the Hamilton Khaki King on a bracelet and it is a nice watch for $400, 40mm, standard lugs, versatile watch, see through caseback, hack and handwind

Tissot was the next on the lists that I was looking at. I really like the T-Sport Titanium Black Dial Tissot Men's T0694174705100

View media item 885570
Would that band be considered rubber or polyurethane?

Last edited:
Amazon has the MK watch I want (the Lexington in gold/gold) for way cheaper than the $275 retail. They have it from a seller for $164.40. When somethings too good to be true, I tend to guess how its so much cheaper it is.

Anyone ever order a watch from Amazon? Is this a safe route? Im obviously going to need to get it fitted, I dont have a kit myself to do this, could I just go to a Macy's and get it fixed there?

This will definitely be my next watch.. But for now, I'm torn between these two Seiko's:

Seiko SNXJ94

Seiko SGF206

Theres only a $20 difference in price.. One is Quartz the other is Automatic.. which one do you guys recommend?
They are both similar to the Lexington I was referring to. How much are those?

Tissot was the next on the lists that I was looking at. I really like the T-Sport Titanium Black Dial Tissot Men's T0694174705100

Would that band be considered rubber or polyurethane?

I really don't know, I haven't handeled one of those T-Sport watches in person. I would go to the Tissot website and find the nearest Authorized Dealer to you that has the watch and try it on yourself. I actually would recommend going to a store that sells some entry Swiss watches like Tissot and Hamilton and see what you like, then order them online.

Amazon has the MK watch I want (the Lexington in gold/gold) for way cheaper than the $275 retail. They have it from a seller for $164.40. When somethings too good to be true, I tend to guess how its so much cheaper it is.

Anyone ever order a watch from Amazon? Is this a safe route? Im obviously going to need to get it fitted, I dont have a kit myself to do this, could I just go to a Macy's and get it fixed there?

I have ordered a lot of watches from Amazon and they have be all authentic. Just make sure you are ordering from Amazon themselves not a third party seller.

I wouldn't worry about getting a fake MK watch and wouldn't even recommend getting an MK watch at all because they are overpriced watches outsourced to Fossil. They are using a basic quartz chrono sub $20 movement, cheap watch case construction, mineral crystal, and most likely a thin layer of gold-plating. Just like the Daniel Wellington you are buying the watch for the name and one that is ghastly overpriced with little to no horologic or re-sale value. Save your money and buy $100 Gold Fossil Chrono, basically the same watch without the MK name and price.

I have had good experiences with MK watches. Its more the familiarity I have with the brand, the DD watch I have now is a brown leather strap MK watch that still looks pretty good, band has aged nicely IMO as well.

Amazon product ASIN B009DFA43Q
If you look to the right, its from a seller Jomashop. 99% positive reviews.

Look legit to you? Appreciate it.

Actually, you have any recommendations for all gold watches? $300 tops.

Last edited:
I have had good experiences with MK watches. Its more the familiarity I have with the brand, the DD watch I have now is a brown leather strap MK watch that still looks pretty good, band has aged nicely IMO as well.

If you look to the right, its from a seller Jomashop. 99% positive reviews.

Look legit to you? Appreciate it.

Actually, you have any recommendations for all gold watches? $300 tops.

Jomashop and discountwatchstore is legit

Anything made by Seiko, Citizen or Bulova is a much better buy.

Seiko SNDF08 @ Ashford
View media item 885725
Seiko SPC088 @ Amazon
View media item 885726
Seiko SNA414 @ Amazon
View media item 885727
Orient Bambino @ Creationwatches
View media item 885728

I honestly do like the MK design most though. 

Those Seiko's are cool, the 2nd one is nice but not a fan of gold on brown leather. 3rd one is too busy for me.

Thanks for recommendations, I think imma still go with the MK.

thats a pretty watch, if it had a date window it would be perfection.

my dream watch

only have 2 in my collection right now

View media item 885748
Oris classic date

View media item 885749
Omega Seamaster

Currently got this Omega Speedmaster 57 on my mind ... but not sure if i should pull the trigger ... i think omega is bugging w/ the price for their in house movement, but i love the watch.

2 colors ... haven't decided on a color or the watch itself ... what y'all think?

View media item 885762
View media item 885763

Got some new straps in today.

5 straps for ~24.

Noticed they were kinda long. I knew you can "double loop" it back, but I tried cutting one just to see how I would do.

I now have 4 straps. :lol:

Btw, anyone ever notice MK watches have IIII instead of IV on their Roman numeral watches? 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Bought a Timex Weekender based off the recommendations in the OP. It was a leather strapped one though, will be getting a slip-through one in the future for a more casual look.

Last edited:
new to this thread, been thinking about picking this timex up, $145 + shipping.  I'd probably wear it w/o the croc strap most of the time...thoughts?

Last edited:

thanks for the advise, went looking & found this 1 on jcrew, $75...does that seem reasonable for a timex? 

View media item 887756

would replace with a black strap though...

J. Crew Timexes are a rip off and I wrote that in first post. Timex Camper is half the price.

Edit - no one should pay more than $100 for any Timex and if you are paying more than $50, that Timex better have stainless steel case and some sort of complication.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom