The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

list doesnt surprise me, omega has a huge following and the james bond connection is simply huge for the brand plus milking the moon thing to death and then the moonswatch and plenty of google searches for omegas gon turn up :lol:

and been saying that the general public sees Rolex, Omega and Tag as the top 3 watch brands but people always laugh at me for mentioning Tag but they forget that to most the F1 is just that #1 gateway to timepieces, most if not all my friends who arent into watches has an F1

i want to know the ranking in china though, wouldnt be surprised to see cartier #1 there, thats their biggest market

you still have that sub?

i'll just post a link that explains the difference between the two (and i think most will include the watch history too if you care about that stuff)

Yes I still have it, thankfully. I almost let it go for nthing about a year ago and the guy flaked out.
I remember I paid like $33oo in taxes on it when I got it from Chrysler, good old 1099.
That is all I was asking from dude.
Looking now and buddy, we were both silly-him for not doing it and me for offering...

I meant to say thanks last week for your post and link, I feel way more informed now and I know exactly which model it is I am after.

Tried on a few things today
IMG_6547.jpeg
IMG_6549.jpeg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_6551.jpeg
IMG_6553.jpeg

The blue dial on the IWCs is gorgeous. Dial on the GS is great as well but a little disappointing to know they’re stamped. Sedna gold doesn’t capture well in this pic. The price they offered me is very tempting. 20% off the old price

awesome trio

grats

pepsi is next, if some shh comes through

and if some bigger shh comes through, I’m getting a root beer.. not a fan of two tones but actually seeing that in person, the watch is gorgeous

and if some shhhhh really hits, that all gold jubilee gmt is happenin.. again not a fan of most yellow gold watches.. But that thing is gorgeous in person

also the white gold yacht master is nice as hell

also, they had a black face milgauss on display that’s waiting on someone.. told my dude I’d figure it out if that didnt happen

Seeing/holding a root beer in person changed everything for me also 🤩😍

yup.. had zero interest.. but when I tried it on and saw how beautiful the combo was :emoji_heart_eyes:

I know this is going sound blasphemous, but it was my first time actually trying on a pepsi and i was kinda let down.. like the pop wasn’t there for me.. maybe it was the store lightning

also tried on the black face Daytona and the all silver yacht master.. and I think those would both be nicer big watches for those with smaller wrist or for ladies who would like a larger watch, think the tapering of the bezel or smaller crown vs the gmts and older subs which are also 40 makes a huge difference in how it wears

also the 43 sea dweller and 42 yacht master don’t wear big at all

ill take rose gold over yellow gold any day so the root beer is right up my alley

not a fan of the pepsi, the shade of red just looks off to me

ill take rose gold over yellow gold any day so the root beer is right up my alley

not a fan of the pepsi, the shade of red just looks off to me

it’s the shade of blue throwing me off.. it’s not the rich royal of the batman.. Or maybe needs to be a touch lighter.. has like a slight purple to it

but as of right now, my loves are the two tone root beer and the all gold gmt.. not a fan of yellow gold either, but that thing is beautiful in person and on the wrist

also would love the milgauss for a daily work type watch

youre gon love the all rose gold gmt more once you see it in person

yea I need to be more open minded about it.. cause I had completely written off the thought of yellow gold, rose gold and/or two tones

smurf sub was my first love but completely out of my price range even with a discount over a decade ago.. hell hulk was out of my price range when I bought originally, but figured it was better to get something I loved over just getting something but was lucky to get it with a discount and before bahamas implemented VAT (sales tax for those not familiar)

Got rid of my Smurf a few days ago.

Maxi case in full gold is too heavy and doesn't wear well imo.

But I also have smaller wrists.

YMMV.

^ Looks good on you.

I really want to do be stupid and buy a YM40 with full pave dial.

Maybe if I can find one with a price that starts with a $3...

2022_rare_rolex_yachtmaster_12_1662655531_29aeabca.jpg

Been also eyeing a pave 228239 but I think that's more money than I want to dump into a novelty piece (at least for right now).

Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 1.47.11 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom