The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

AP might ask that you start with a different watch, but at least they’re serious when they say it will help. It’s direct word from the company, not some employee who needs money for the weekend. They’re salaried individuals directly employed by AP and they have to be honest.

Unlike Rolex AD’s that just lie through their teeth. Have you buy a Cellini and then say no other watches came in aside from that. It’s horrific.

None of this is my experience

I have asked about specific watches and the only other calls I’ve received is about similar watches because they are currently available because I’ve expressed my interest in several models

As a point of reference, I recently mentioned the call I received for a sprite on jubilee

But again I don’t presume my experience(s) to be that of others

Screenshot_20230728_155307_Instagram.jpg

Definitely a keeper. After around a month where timekeeping fluctuated now around +1spd same as my sub.

i'm curious as to what ages you all are. i've had a couple people tell me that AD's will pretty much shut you out if you look like a reseller.

depending how you look at it, i see it as good thing that i like a lot of watches so i can buy plenty in my AD (the AD also carries a lot of brands) if I choose to and as long as theyd give a reasonable discount on stuff thats been sitting, then we hood

an example would be the zenith sports chrono (daytona look a like) and it isnt moving so i am not paying retail for it no matter what my SA says, give me 20% off that and i might be tempted

so far i havent really had to buy something i dont wnat and never bought jewelry from them either

AD is doing exactly what they should be doing.

You want a long term client, not just someone that buys 1 watch and never comes back. If you see a client keeps coming back, messaging, buying other watches, etc much rather have that client than a one and done.

You want a long term client, not just someone that buys 1 watch and never comes back. If you see a client keeps coming back, messaging, buying other watches, etc much rather have that client than a one and done.

As long as they don’t lie about certain milestones then there’s no issue. The problem is that they do lie.

i understand the want to actually build a relationship, but not every consumer is the same. maybe you can only afford one luxury watch, only want one luxury watch, don't care of Hublot; Panerai; Tag; etc. so you won't ever have a purchase history, maybe its a gift, milestone piece, or whatever the case may be. lets also not act like they really want to build a relationship. they want to move product thats sitting and selling you on the dream of buying the one you want, when that may never come.

the concept of gatekeeping someone from PURCHASING something is stupid.

Sure, but when an AD says "Hey I know you've been on the pepsi GMT list for 3 years, but if you spend $30k to upgrade your wife's wedding ring, it'll shoot you to the top of the GMT list" and then it's 2 more years later, so 5 years total on a stupid list, and that client hasn't seen the watch, well that's pretty ****ty.

AP not any better, you just spend it on watches you don't want instead of jewelry you don't want. If you've been with the AD for 20 years, you're good. If you're relatively new to watches, just go grey and move on. The game is way ****ed up and they just bleed money from you on trash you don't want. Cheaper to just go grey.

Question for santos owners: im debating whether to get the medium or large. Both look great on wrist. Wondering which is best for comfort and all day wear/versatility. My 40mm sub fit me well; curious about square face watches

Dhizzle Dhizzle If you can, I would try it on in person. I was set on a large but ended up going with the medium since the square shape makes the face look larger.

Thanks bro; yea i think i need to visit again. Never had a square face before, not even an apple watch.

Buddy, talking about a world I know nothing about, this one.

I’ve always admired the Gold Face all Gold Presidential. Got my first and only Rolex about 15yrs ago as a Gift from Chrysler, it is a Submariner Oyster 40mm and I hate it. Worn it just a few times and I much prefer my NIKE running watch or the APPLE.

Finally getting around to buying the one I want that I’d enjoy wearing and oh man, where do I start? They all look the same and I can’t tell the difference between the $18k and the/a $52k piece.

Read the first post and felt even more lost. Any suggestions on where I actually start would be appreciated.

Buddy, talking about a world I know nothing about, this one.

I’ve always admired the Gold Face all Gold Presidential. Got my first and only Rolex about 15yrs ago as a Gift from Chrysler, it is a Submariner Oyster 40mm and I hate it. Worn it just a few times and I much prefer my NIKE running watch or the APPLE.

Finally getting around to buying the one I want that I’d enjoy wearing and oh man, where do I start? They all look the same and I can’t tell the difference between the $18k and the/a $52k piece.

Read the first post and felt even more lost. Any suggestions on where I actually start would be appreciated.

you still have that sub?

deep diving to watches or even just rolex isn't as simple, just got to read up on it but based on your post, you might be confusing the datejust and day/date

the biggest difference is the datejust only has a date and the day/date also shows the date, day date is the presidential model and the more expensive version

while the datejust starts out in styainless steel and only comes in two-tone gold (maybe the smaller version has an all gold version?) if you want it in precious metal while the day/date starts at a solid gold watch and goes up from there to platinum

i'll just post a link that explains the difference between the two (and i think most will include the watch history too if you care about that stuff)

Question for santos owners: im debating whether to get the medium or large. Both look great on wrist. Wondering which is best for comfort and all day wear/versatility. My 40mm sub fit me well; curious about square face watches

Definitely go try it on. I have big hands and the medium looked too small for me. The large is obviously bigger, but not crazy big or tacky looking in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom