The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

because of all your posts… :lol:

first thing i thought of was how light the watch is, i checked out the watch and then before going through with the purchase, i checked out a bunch of other watches from breitling to tag, omega to cartier, nomos to b&r… and by the time i picked up the pel39 again, it weighed like nothing

i had to ask them to put it on the rubber strap because its hot as hell right now but i am also considering getting the uncle seiko presidential and/or jubilee bracelets

thanks, its great
It’s soooo nice. Nice pickup. Want one myself. Or bb58 I dunno lol

Well for starters, unlike Rolex or Patek, AP owns their own boutiques. So you won’t have the crookedness of a family owned rolex dealer that caters to friends and family first.

ok.. so what was said in here exactly about AP boutiques?

I can only speak about the boutique in bal harbour

Well for starters, unlike Rolex or Patek, AP owns their own boutiques. So you won’t have the crookedness of a family owned rolex dealer that caters to friends and family first.

still gotta play the bull**** games with AP and buy models no one wants to even be considered for a RO you want.

same with VC and getting an overseas or PP and nautilus

still gotta play the bull**** games with AP and buy models no one wants to even be considered for a RO you want.

From what i understand you have to know someone with a reputable relationship with the boutique.

Let them vouch for you then you can a royal oak after a couple of months.

Got a lady’s two tone , then waiting on my 37mm should come in the next few months.

been telling my AP SA that if they want to sell more codes, then make different sizes

i actually like it but they got to be like 36mm with its no-bezel design, the other alternative is the gigantic offshores which just isnt happening

I guess. I bought my first AP RO in 2016, so I don’t know what it’s like for someone new to the brand trying for a RO. I also bought my Vach Overseas around the same time for like 50% off. I bought my mom a Nautilus in 2018 or so, also easy to buy at that time.

So it’s likely being early to the game has helped me tremendously, but Rolex is still a pain for me to buy, despite buying every single thing they threw at me. To that effect, I think the whole “buy this, get this” idea is flawed, and you may never get anything regardless. I spent way too much money chasing a RG Daytona and never got it.

I will say though that when AP ownership transferred I got called into a meeting with the reps for North America and had a whole interview.

AP has been the absolute best to me out of all the brands and for that I’ll stay loyal to them.

Last edited:
the game changed

I got both of my first 2 Rolexes with a discount.. the 2nd was my hulk, was able to just walk in once they confirmed they still had it.. discount plus it was before we implemented VAT

the only rolex you had to pull strings for at that point was white face stainless steel Daytona.. talking before ceramic bezel

but I have a long standing relationship with the AD down here.. as well as immediate family members being close friends with people there

the game changed

I got both of my first 2 Rolexes with a discount.. the 2nd was my hulk, was able to just walk in once they confirmed they still had it.. discount plus it was before we implemented VAT

the only rolex you had to pull strings for at that point was white face stainless steel Daytona.. talking before ceramic bezel

but I have a long standing relationship with the AD down here.. as well as immediate family members being close friends with people there

Point is, AP is better than the rest, because they’re the ones running the show. Not mom and pop. I’ll leave it at that.

I can’t get a RG Daytona but AP corporate will offer me a skeleton and 16202BA.

Go figure.

Point is, AP is better than the rest, because they’re the ones running the show. Not mom and pop. I’ll leave it at that.

I can’t get a RG Daytona but AP corporate will offer me a skeleton and 16202BA.

Go figure.

that’s your experience

i and others have shared our experiences

that’s your experience

i and others have shared our experiences

I don’t care what you do, but I’m encouraging others to give AP more of their time.

It’s not just my experience, it’s the right advice.

I know the inner workings of both, and without divulging too much, your time is better spent working with the actual company over greedy middlemen.

Back to topic, this was the last Rolex I was sold back in 2021. Haven’t gotten lucky since. They even let me leave with it fully stickered.

I asked for rose gold though, but still took it. My brother wears it now.

IMG_4694.jpeg

Last edited:
Honestly, this is why I go grey. By the time I have enough purchase history, I’ve spent more than what I would’ve on the secondary market anyway. That’s IF I ever get the call. So why wait?

I will try AP direct for a RO though.

Honestly, this is why I go grey. By the time I have enough purchase history, I’ve spent more than what I would’ve on the secondary market anyway. That’s IF I ever get the call. So why wait?

I will try AP direct for a RO though.

AP might ask that you start with a different watch, but at least they’re serious when they say it will help. It’s direct word from the company, not some employee who needs money for the weekend. They’re salaried individuals directly employed by AP and they have to be honest.

Unlike Rolex AD’s that just lie through their teeth. Have you buy a Cellini and then say no other watches came in aside from that. It’s horrific.

The only thing about AP is they make you register the watch online and keep a catalogue of the watches you own. if you sell it, they’ll know, and it may affect how they work with you.

I don’t care what you do, but I’m encouraging others to give AP more of their time.

I know the inner workings of both, and without divulging too much, your time is better spent working with the actual company over greedy middlemen.
My pops has sworn to only buy AP’s unless he gets an allocation from Rolex or Patek or maybe even a 222.

They the only ones who actually give you a chance at buying the watch you want. Not what they want you to buy.

His last patek aquanaut or nautlius for retail was 5 years ago.
AP consistently checks in on him offers him things to try and list him on a short waiting list for more exclusive models. He got allocated a green 15510 last month as a surprise . ( Its huge tho)

My pops has sworn to only buy AP’s unless he gets an allocation from Rolex or Patek or maybe even a 222.

They the only ones who actually give you a chance at buying the watch you want. Not what they want you to buy.

His last patek aquanaut or nautlius for retail was 5 years ago.
AP consistently checks in on him offers him things to try and list him on a short waiting list for more exclusive models. He got allocated a green 15510 last month as a surprise . ( Its huge tho)

Damn. I hope you took that 15510ST for him, that’s a sexy *** watch.

to me, even with the AP that is corporate owned, there are always games to play especially if there is zero history there

in general, when meeting a new SA and they ask what watches you have, what do you guys usually say?

tell them what you got so they dont think you’re a reseller with a possibility of the thinking you’re lying?

or be little more humble and tone it down so they feel like it will be a first-ish big purchase and they might be more obliged to sell you your request as it is extra special?

like my current SA where I got my Explorer and other Tudors/GS, I never told her I have a white daytona (non-ceramic) because I want a white daytona ceramic bezel and I kind of feel like if she knew I might never get that call, never told her I got the 39mm explorer either and it took a while but I eventually got the Exp36

this relates to my latest AP SA (third person I got because they pass me around and I really feel like they never take me seriously even the latest one) because he did ask me and I blanked out

I also had on BB58 but sometimes im not even sure what to wear, again wear a daytona to impress them or wear something more common so they might be more inclined to sell me one?

I am also aware that I am probably overthinking it (but i cant be the only one, can i?) then again this has been going on for about a decade

and again i think ive just given up on getting that call, first time i inquired about the 37mm RO in 2012, it retailed for $16k… and today, 3 SAs later, its at $26.5k

I said what I did.. I intend to pursue getting a royal oak but I have zero intent of jumping through a ton of hoops

I can’t speak to the greed of middle men as I’ve never purchased something other than what I have wanted.. also haven’t had to slip a little something to someone

Zero clue what you are missing in what I am saying

I don’t presume my experiences to be the same as others, I’d suggest you do the same

Back
Top Bottom