The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I dont own a single watch but one day I will own this somehow.

512878d1315906497-if-you-could-only-have-10-watches-iwc-portuguese-automatic-chrono-1.jpg

Perfection in watch form
nthat.gif
i have this watch in black face for sale. just putting it out there lol. under 5k.

You have so many options if you are going the used route. 

My recommendations would be

-Rolex milgauss if you dont need a date

-Rolex submariner no date  - my pick personally

-Rolex explorer 2

all these can be had for under 5k used. dont get a breitling not worth it. rolex is considered cash in the watch industry because they hold value and sell almost all the time. this is why i would recommend a rolex.
I have read that Rolex's dont keep as good of time as Omegas or Panarai's or IWC's.   Is this true or nah?

seems people who dont care about accuracy buy Rolex's because a rolex is kind of the watch you get when you made it.   and it can be easily shown off.  Everyone knows what a rolex is, but 

not everyone knows what an Omega or panarai or IWC is.

On another topic,  looking at this topic and the other seems there are alot of ballerific people on NT.   
laugh.gif

I have read that Rolex's dont keep as good of time as Omegas or Panarai's or IWC's.   Is this true or nah?

seems people who dont care about accuracy buy Rolex's because a rolex is kind of the watch you get when you made it.   and it can be easily shown off.  Everyone knows what a rolex is, but 

On another topic,  looking at this topic and the other seems there are alot of ballerific people on NT.   :lol:

Automatics need to be regulated to get the best accuracy but accuracy also depends on the movements used in the watch. COSC certified watches have an accuracy +/- 10 seconds. To make a blanket statement like Rolex does not have as accurate movements compared to Omegas, Panerai, or IWC is inaccurate and false. You also have to note that most of the base Panerai use very very basic movements like the ones used in old pocket watches.

Rolex is a very recognized brand by non-watch people but Omega, Panerai, and IWC are widely recognized as well between non-watch people and watch people alike. You are definitely paying a premium for branding when in comes to watches above the $2k price point but you are getting still getting nice watches with tons of history, branding, and durability.

If you don't care about the brand, Grand Seiko makes the best watches for the price. The Grand Seiko Snowflake is well regarded in terms of fit/finish, value, spring-drive technology, and aesthetically.

Grand Seiko SBGA011 (Snowflake)

home_image.2396973.jpg

home_image.2397008.jpg

home_image.2396983.jpg

home_image.2396988.jpg

Please fill this out, it is very hard to recommend watches as their are a ton in this price point like the brands I listed under the $5k list.

Budget =
Style =
Finish =
Band =
Diameter =
Movement =
Crystal =
Water Resistance =
Complications =

Other brands and models to take note under $5k include:

Hamilton Pan Europ
Longines Hydroconquest
Longines Legend Diver
Longines Master Collection Moonphase
Ball Fireman Racer Classic
Ball Trainmaster Eternity
Cartier Tank Solo
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Nomos Orion
Nomos Tangente
Sinn 556
Oris TT1 Diver Date
Oris Artelier Skeleton
Tag Heuer Monaco Chrono
Tudor Black Bay
Tudor Pelagos
Tudor Heritage Chrono
Breitling Super Ocean Heritage
Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570
Omega Aqua Terra
Omega Planet Ocean

This is just a list of watches under $5K you can buy new with discount. You can probably pick up two to three and still be under your $5k budget but I don't know what you like.

Last edited:
My job requires me to be outside, so i don't really have any fancy watches :lol:

all mine take an abusive

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/876591/

[GALLERY="media, 876592"][/GALLERY]

old pics

That Grand Seiko up there  looks great.

NT got some ballers with all these Rolex, Hamilton, Omega, Breitling, etc people are rocking with.

I guess I will post up my Eco-Drive when I get a chance 
laugh.gif

That Grand Seiko up there looks great.

NT got some ballers with all these Rolex, Hamilton, Omega, Breitling, etc people are rocking with.

I guess I will post up my Eco-Drive when I get a chance :lol:

Please do, I love my Eco-Drives. I might post my collection if people are interested.

Last edited:

On another topic,  looking at this topic and the other seems there are alot of ballerific people on NT.   :lol:

Once you get a rolex, you won't get anything else. You usually look up like ap, patek and others.

Tudor is another good one also made by rolex. They recently got introduced to the us and can be had new under 5k.

As stated by above by the stater, every brand of watches that are automatic and cosc certified will move +- 3-10 secs a day. This doesn't matter for the brand.

IWC are beautiful watches. They are considered one of the watch brands watchmakers themselves wear. Zenith is another with their el premero movement which is legendary and was used by rolex before they made in house movements.

As I wrote before, I would get a used modern 2000+ year no date sub if I was in your shoes. It's modern, sporty, and classic. Can be done with or without a suit too.

Good info OP.

Gonna cop a Timex Weekender soon. I love the look and it's just a basic watch. Grab a couple bands and you're set.

P4L..

I love my Invicta, but idk how people feel about them. :lol:

really loving some of the watches posted tho..

Man, that Navitimer is sweet in person. Really nice timepiece. Used to be interested in the Tag Carrera line, as well, particularly with the Carrera 1887 (it's a Portuguese look-alike)...

View media item 878310The one on the right side. The left side felt a tad small, but looks great as well. The case was surprisingly thick, though (similar in thickness to a Tissot PRC200), so it appealed less to me. Just need to get my money right... :lol:

What's the largest/smallest diameter case you guys would go for? I think 40-46mm is the sweet spot for me.

Last edited:
Man, that Navitimer is sweet in person. Really nice timepiece. Used to be interested in the Tag Carrera line, as well, particularly with the Carrera 1887 (it's a Portuguese look-alike)...

View media item 878310The one on the right side. The left side felt a tad small, but looks great as well. The case was surprisingly thick, though (similar in thickness to a Tissot PRC200), so it appealed less to me. Just need to get my money right... :lol:

What's the largest/smallest diameter case you guys would go for? I think 40-46mm is the sweet spot for me.

40mm is perfect. 46mm is huge. I wouldn't get anything bigger than a 42mm. But that's me

Back
Top Bottom