The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I'm considering being in the market for one of these 2 watches soon. If not the speedster, than a seamaster.

I know the Speedmaster is comparable to a Daytona rather than the Sub, but whatevs.

How do you like the 2 in comparison? Which do you prefer or a more regular basis?
The two are different, so it's difficult to compare them. But...
-The Speedy is manual wind so you gotta wind it daily. That can get annoying if you don't like winding.
-The Submariner ref 114060 is almost twice as expensive as the Speedmaster hesalite moonwatch
-Sub can take a lot more abuse...it's probably the most durable watch out there
-Sub will get attention, while Speedy will go unnoticed
-Subs movement is more accurate
-Lume for the sub is brighter...much more legible im dark compared to the speedy
-Both have good resale value

I prefer the Sub for a regular basis. Better water resistance, keeps time better, can take more damage

However, both are arguably the two most iconic timepieces with the most history in horology. Can't really go wrong with either...or both. But I sold the Speedy to eventually upgrade for the JLC deep sea.

My grail Speedmaster just arrived in time for Speedy Tuesday -the Apollo-Soyuz meteorite dial. Such a stunning piece in person. Had me selling my old (recently bought) Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch with the quickness when I saw there was one for sale (sold the Moonwatch to a friend of mine). :lol: I seriously thought I missed out on getting one. Over the moon for sure! :D

Pics:

36872967822_6c29ac6909_b.jpg

36872963212_47d146b91f_b.jpg

36647095210_70e8fd36a9_b.jpg

36872960442_eb33540723_b.jpg

My grail Speedmaster just arrived in time for Speedy Tuesday -the Apollo-Soyuz meteorite dial. Such a stunning piece in person. Had me selling my old (recently bought) Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch with the quickness when I saw there was one for sale (sold the Moonwatch to a friend of mine). :lol: I seriously thought I missed out on getting one. Over the moon for sure! :D

Pics:

36872967822_6c29ac6909_b.jpg

36872963212_47d146b91f_b.jpg

36647095210_70e8fd36a9_b.jpg

36872960442_eb33540723_b.jpg
Woah
That dial looks stunning :wow::pimp:

Woah
That dial looks stunning :wow::pimp:
Dial made out of pre-historic Gibeon meteorite that's apparently billions of years old -and each dial pattern is unique to each piece! Putting some space rock inside a space-approved watch* is just awesome. :D

*This particular model isn't flight-qualified by NASA btw.

Last edited:
Just flipped the SBGJ001 to a buddy of mine. Surprisingly found its replacement in short order: the SBGA011. :lol: Getting the old dial version is starting to become difficult, but I'm fortunate to get a good deal for a used piece. A little banged up from its previous owner, still debating whether to get it serviced in Japan or not after it being used for a few years -it's still running at +10 seconds/month! :wow: Dat Spring Drive sweep! Looking forward to enjoying this one for years to come.
PgC6JLB.jpg

56bd92d8-e19b-4f61-9660-aae679b1f505
PgC6JLB

36765252576_229e23859d_b.jpg

Also, my Speedy almost gone. I better get rid of that one soon... the replacement is already on its way! Way to shake up the collection in such a short period of time. :lol:

:emoji_ok_hand:

Just ordered one of my grails, the Omega Speedy Pro Moonwatch, from jomashop. Can't wait until it comes in :smokin

Congrats, please do share how the purchase went. I'm interested to see if jomashop is a smooth process or not.

Will do. This is my first time ordering from them, but I did my research and heard nothing but good things.

^ Jomashop is ok to deal with -if the item is in stock. Definitely legit. Otherwise, better go elsewhere. Just make sure you get the Speedmaster Professional with the new box and freebies. Another guy recently ordered from them and received the old-style box. If I remember correctly, he just sent it back to them for a refund. But then again, maybe that's why they're so cheap. *shrug* I've only dealt with them purchasing my Hamilton Ventura -through their Amazon storefront. Went without a hitch. Best of luck with your purchase, and congratulations in advance!

Anyway, after months of waiting... Zenith finally ran out of the old-style 38mm El Primero 1969 silver dials. Finally got the 2017 updated Chronomaster 1969 on wrist. Definitely worth the wait. :pimp:
37182738281_cfe85c623a_b.jpg

Already swapped the alligator band for a racing strap :smokin
36513869233_e41a394e00_b.jpg

Last edited:
^ Jomashop is ok to deal with -if the item is in stock. Definitely legit. Otherwise, better go elsewhere. Just make sure you get the Speedmaster Professional with the new box and freebies. Another guy recently ordered from them and received the old-style box. If I remember correctly, he just sent it back to them for a refund. But then again, maybe that's why they're so cheap. *shrug* I've only dealt with them purchasing my Hamilton Ventura -through their Amazon storefront. Went without a hitch. Best of luck with your purchase, and congratulations in advance!

Anyway, after months of waiting... Zenith finally ran out of the old-style 38mm El Primero 1969 silver dials. Finally got the 2017 updated Chronomaster 1969 on wrist. Definitely worth the wait. :pimp:
37182738281_cfe85c623a_b.jpg

Already swapped the alligator band for a racing strap :smokin
36513869233_e41a394e00_b.jpg

Did you read that on omega forums? I might have read that thread as well lol

Jomashop includes a picture of the large new Speedmaster box with the extra NATO strap, loupe, etc on the page with the watch. If it comes in any other box, I'll return it.

Loving that meteorite dial. One of my favorites. Wish you didn't have to splurge on white gold to get that on a Daytona.

I took my datejust 2 TT out of the safe like 3 weeks ago w the intention of dropping it off for service that weekend. Haven't been able to drop it off because i'm appreciating it way too much right now. I've been missing that nice 18k fluted bezel in the sun.

Maybe this weekend.

Edit: Also loving that Zenith, their new watches are really fancy and I love how outside the box they have bcome. I wish they did more advertising for themselves because they have the potential to really do some damage in the watch community. I feel like many other horology companies market themselves really well (Rolex, AP, Hublot etc.) when it comes to sponsorships and sports events. If Zenith put themselves out there I have no doubt they'd be much bigger than they currently are, especially in the states.

Last edited:
Edit: Also loving that Zenith, their new watches are really fancy and I love how outside the box they have bcome. I wish they did more advertising for themselves because they have the potential to really do some damage in the watch community. I feel like many other horology companies market themselves really well (Rolex, AP, Hublot etc.) when it comes to sponsorships and sports events. If Zenith put themselves out there I have no doubt they'd be much bigger than they currently are, especially in the states.

Agreed. LVMH needs to step up their marketing of Zenith. The last notable campaign they had was with Felix Baumgartner x Red Bull Stratos (which is also quite a nice El Primero that I got to try on recently). TAG Heuer gets too much of the budget lol. Loving how each of the companies share technology with each other to innovate lately to develop the brand -fitting with Zenith's reputation for innovation. I just hope they don't make the next-generation pieces look too similar to Hublot's offerings.

Video of their new 15Hz movement
[video][/video]
[video][/video]

Anyone know where to get a silicone strap like this? I like that transparent look.

Attachments

• IMG_1477.jpg
    IMG_1477.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 26
My Seiko SABR065 needs service after 1.5 years of wear. I can't remember what physical activity I was doing that caused this but now the automatic movement does not last as long as it normally should. Sent it in to get serviced at Seiko HQ in NJ and was quoted $280 for the repairs. I'd rather just buy a more durable piece with that money. Can anybody suggest an alternative?

Back
Top Bottom