The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

9FD89893-4C47-470D-8AF5-097D48E9AFBF.jpeg

My humble automatic watches. Im just starting so any advice wiould be helpful
1) Seiko Snzg13
2) Seiko Sea Urchin Snzf17
3) Victorinox Maverick Automatic

What do you guys think of Victorinox watches?

Do any of y'all feel that the smart watches will make these regular watches and luxury watches obsolete?

I think Apple having the watch where you no longer have to carry your phone with you is industry disrupting technology.

Soon these smart watches will be able to do things like monitor your blood pressure and your health and stuff, and I feel like it is just the beginning.

Do any of y'all feel that the smart watches will make these regular watches and luxury watches obsolete?

I think Apple having the watch where you no longer have to carry your phone with you is industry disrupting technology.

Soon these smart watches will be able to do things like monitor your blood pressure and your health and stuff, and I feel like it is just the beginning.

I hope so... Means prices will drop

Not at all.

I don't think people that are into watches care much for the tech and stuff like that. They're jewely, heirlooms, statement pieces, art, etc ....

https://www.timex.com/waterbury-40m...s-Steel-Black-White&cgid=waterbury-collection

thoughts on this? i have the regular weekender which is my daily, but wouldn't mind something a little more "dressy".

Ive been curious about smart watches but I love “real” watches too much to give smart watches a try.

Help, my Tissot PRC200 watch strap (brown leather butterfly clasp) broke. Where can I re-cop or get something of equal quality?

Smart watches will have no affect on real watches especially high end watches

the main reason smart watches may never replace true wristwatches is that smart watches becomes dated and obsolete after a while, just like how fast tech these days gets better and updated, it means you're going to have to keep buying new smart watches every year so

just look at apples watch, after about a year it is practically old because the newer version kept getting better and it's not until 3rd/4th gen before it became waterproof and get cel service?

the Tag/LV versions which cost thousands are even more behind in tech and it's going to cost a lot more to get a newer version once the techs updated

there is a place for smart watches for sure, i use an apple watch for my runs and workouts but most WISers aren't going to make the switch

Is that a don bezel too?

Edit: just read the description on the site. It is, indeed

Last edited:
a week or two ago someone on the Rolex reddit posted his dad left him 3 old Rolex watches., estimated valued combined was like 350k :sick: :sick:

Back to the guys on the apple watch vs. a regular Timepiece. I being a self professed "Watch Guy" decided to take a trip down apple watch lane and although having those alerts on your wrist is nice and helps alleviate the dependence on your phone I still found myself yearning for a regular watch on my wrist. So much so that after about 6 months of ownership the Apple watch was sold (with a small loss). This was early on in the apple watch's existance and since then they have made it more of an independent device and added more features. However, I just cant see me giving up a traditional watch all together.

Back to the guys on the apple watch vs. a regular Timepiece. I being a self professed "Watch Guy" decided to take a trip down apple watch lane and although having those alerts on your wrist is nice and helps alleviate the dependence on your phone I still found myself yearning for a regular watch on my wrist. So much so that after about 6 months of ownership the Apple watch was sold (with a small loss). This was early on in the apple watch's existance and since then they have made it more of an independent device and added more features. However, I just cant see me giving up a traditional watch all together.

Yea. The apple watch is way better now than it was in the past. Waterproof, can take phone calls with clear reception, navigation, etc. The early apple watches weren't really a threat, but I feel this new one and all the new features they are adding sure is.

We will see what happens in the future. I believe the newest apple watch is a breakthrough in the way that the first iPhone was a breakthrough in many ways.

Yea. The apple watch is way better now than it was in the past. Waterproof, can take phone calls with clear reception, navigation, etc. The early apple watches weren't really a threat, but I feel this new one and all the new features they are adding sure is.

We will see what happens in the future. I believe the newest apple watch is a breakthrough in the way that the first iPhone was a breakthrough in many ways.

I’m not even sure the Apple Watch series is even the best smart watch out there.

I agree they have improved though.

I guess I'm one of the guys on the other end. I have a rolex batman that I never wear anymore, because I'm always wearing my apple watch. It's not that I don't like it more than the rolex or anything, I just can wear the apple watch carefree whereas I'm always having to worry about the rolex.

I've been thinking about selling it, but can't find the box anymore and I'm not sure how much that will effect resale. Also, any tips on the best place to sell it? I could throw it on eBay, but then they'd take 10% and paypal would take another 2.5%. Ends up being a huge chunk so I was hoping to avoid that route.

I guess I'm one of the guys on the other end. I have a rolex batman that I never wear anymore, because I'm always wearing my apple watch. It's not that I don't like it more than the rolex or anything, I just can wear the apple watch carefree whereas I'm always having to worry about the rolex.

I've been thinking about selling it, but can't find the box anymore and I'm not sure how much that will effect resale. Also, any tips on the best place to sell it? I could throw it on eBay, but then they'd take 10% and paypal would take another 2.5%. Ends up being a huge chunk so I was hoping to avoid that route.

How much you want ???

One guy locally has an ad on Craigslist saying he buys watches cash. Sent him pics and he offered $7000 without box and papers or $7500 with box and papers. I see them going for around $10k on eBay with box and papers so I guess anywhere between $7k and $10k is my window.

I’d probably be happy with around $8-$8.5k.

One guy locally has an ad on Craigslist saying he buys watches cash. Sent him pics and he offered $7000 without box and papers or $7500 with box and papers. I see them going for around $10k on eBay with box and papers so I guess anywhere between $7k and $10k is my window.

I’d probably be happy with around $8-$8.5k.

That thing better be in good condition for 8.5 k with no box and no money back guarantee

Back
Top Bottom