The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Just remember they only offer 50m water resistance. People have damaged them washing hands.
Can anyone point me to a good comprehensive guide to speedmasters?(yrs and model comparison). My yachtmaster is taking a beating from daily wear, I think I want to do a speedy on rubber as my daily and the Yachty for when I want to step it up

I'm eyeing two Rolex's for my next milestone. The meteorite Pepsi or birth year Coke.

Gold Day Date is my ultimate goal, but I want the days of the week in Spanish.

I assume it would eventually be on sale, or maybe has been in the past since Macys always has sales like that.

I rock it proudly though. It's a good looking watch and it looks more expensive than it is.

macys knows how popular they so they are always excluded in sales

trust me ive been monitoring it but just paid retail when i got the gold and light blue because im too impatient and really wanted the 35mm

wearin em right now

F8983468-7F68-4AE8-950C-068C25C16731.jpeg

Can anyone point me to a good comprehensive guide to speedmaster professional, not the swatch collab?(yrs and model comparison). My yachtmaster is taking a beating from daily wear, I think I want to do a speedy on rubber as my daily and the Yachty for when I want to step it up

Thats a quick, but all you need to know really before buying one guide.

Reply to this if you any speedy questions and i can answer them, also can give you more videos recently posted about movements etc.

As for taking a daily beating youll be wanting to decide what model crystal best suits you, as you know you have the choice of hesalite or sapphire. Hesalite looks better and is more true to the original, but will scratch more easily, but minor scratches can be removed with polywatch, even toothpaste. Sapphire not so much but doesn’t look as good (to moonwatch collectors).

But sounds like you dont care anyway, chucking it on rubber. Id find a good 2015ish 2nd hand one that doesnt get worn, or has had a service., or go new. Depending on your budget.

Last edited:
modzzilla modzzilla how you liking the moonswatch? been wearing mine every day since i got it. really digging the jupiter.
I looooved mine, but i swapped it up to a planet ocean. Was amazed when the guy said yes. This was about 3 years ago. Funny how the moonswatch has inflated speedy prices right now.

Speedy was an itch i had to scratch. And i still love them.

Damn i love the planet though….

Ill almost definitely go buy a new Speedy this year though. I miss it.

But ill have to get the chrono hand swapped out, the tear drop covering the Omega logo grips my ****.

Wouldn’t mind an X33 Skywalker too….seeing as its the other watch you can have issued if youre an astronaut.

36F29223-F410-4479-A58C-A5A951E925E0.jpeg
AC11BC62-9D5C-4795-B209-D053436E3CB6.jpeg

Last edited:
modzzilla modzzilla how you liking the moonswatch? been wearing mine every day since i got it. really digging the jupiter.
Lol, just realised you meant MoonSwatch!

Ahahaaa

Mate the Mercury is the sausage sandwhich

Especially on a black nato. I wear it all the time.

I might grab Uranus for summer and maybe Pluto coz it looks sick on a burgundy nato.

But only if they have them in stock if im passing by. Not going out of my way to grab them.

Ps. Dont use the stopwatch…..you can throw the second hand out of wack, and its a pain to get it lined up with the 12 again….

Reply to this if you any speedy questions and i can answer them, also can give you more videos recently posted about movements etc.
Thanks for this, It confirmed that there are a ton of variations. Kind of overwhelming, but I'd definitely want the most durable crystal. I'll use 2015 as my starting point and reach out with any questions. Thanks again

my two gripes with the speedy…

50m water resistant
50hr power reserve

two issues that shiuld be easy enough for omega to solve but chooses not to

jist like how stubborn they are with the helium escape valve on the seamaster that absolutely no one uses

my two gripes with the speedy…

50m water resistant
50hr power reserve

two issues that shiuld be easy enough for omega to solve but chooses not to

jist like how stubborn they are with the helium escape valve on the seamaster that absolutely no one uses
Yeah a 100m version would he the bees knees.

The helium valve has become a bit of a symbol i think, you see it and you know from across the room youre looking at some form of Omega.

As for the 50m, acording to dude in the vid uo there if you own a relatively new speedy, swimming in pools is no issue at all, as long as you make sure you dont operate the pushers and crown.

50m is damn deep if youve ever dived down even 10 or 20, so im totally sure hes correct. The pressure in a 3m pool would be fine on a new moonwatch.

Last edited:
Lifelong goal finally achieved. Purchased at retail from an AD. Might not be the most flashy Rolex but it’s mine and I love it.
907B9DC1-AAE4-4788-9584-6312DA4A7C86.jpeg
83A7482A-9AE2-40A5-A891-E5494EEA6E6A.jpeg

They gave you the golf balls?
Heard they got golf towels, ball markers, and **** now

Need to talk to my sales woman :lol:

They gave you the golf balls?
Heard they got golf towels, ball markers, and **** now

Need to talk to my sales woman :lol:
Haha yep! Got the hat and the golf balls. I love golf so that was a nice surprise. Didn’t even know they gave me that stuff until I got home and looked in my bag. The hats really nice. I’ll def be wearing it to golf. I’ll prob keep one of the balls and maybe use the other two. I do lose balls with the quickness.

Yeah a 100m version would he the bees knees.

The helium valve has become a bit of a symbol i think, you see it and you know from across the room youre looking at some form of Omega.

As for the 50m, acording to dude in the vid uo there if you own a relatively new speedy, swimming in pools is no issue at all, as long as you make sure the crowns screwed down and you dont operate the pushers.

50m is damn deep if youve ever dived down even 10 or 20, so im totally sure hes correct. The pressure in a 3m pool would be fine on a new moonwatch.

eh the valve is simply a sign of omegas stubborness, no one cares for it

as for the 50m, still too risky and i sure am not willing find out so instead of it getting picked up to be worn, i end up choosing something else

i mean 30m is also close to 100 feet and thats pretty damn deep for a regular swimmer like me (i usually chill in the 4feet area) but watches rated 30m is considered splash resistant :lol:

The valve completely turns me off to those omegas. If it weren’t for that I’d have one.

Did I read that right that new speedys have screw down crown?

1658939813041.png

Hey guys whats the deal with these? I’m not familiar but a guy in my groups makes these? He wants 365. These “legit” in our circle? Or should I just grab a moonswatch as my “affordable” novelty watch?

Thanks guys!

The valve completely turns me off to those omegas. If it weren’t for that I’d have one.

Did I read that right that new speedys have screw down crown?

no screw down, thats the worst thing for manual winds

1658939813041.png

Hey guys whats the deal with these? I’m not familiar but a guy in my groups makes these? He wants 365. These “legit” in our circle? Or should I just grab a moonswatch as my “affordable” novelty watch?

Thanks guys!

overpriced, the stock g shocks can be had for $100 or less (i got the smaller one and paid $75 from macy i think) and then the kit is maybe $80 at aliexpress and it such an easy mod

from this:
8F61147A-3840-401E-B93B-80BDAEF41806.jpeg

to this:
293CF7F5-E355-465B-8DB0-3601A90FE86C.jpeg

as for which to get, simply subjective, get which looks better… to me the gshocks more fun (especially modding), will last longer, cheaper and easier to get

The AD has been killing me recently. They just got in this Daytona, blue skydweller and a air king. But nothing for me 😭

Attachments

• 13C6F39C-FD92-4037-B115-AC58BE15809A.jpeg
    13C6F39C-FD92-4037-B115-AC58BE15809A.jpeg
    266.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 2511675F-5295-4AB1-9A44-FFCB8CBC7A2B.jpeg
    2511675F-5295-4AB1-9A44-FFCB8CBC7A2B.jpeg
    296.7 KB · Views: 43
1658939813041.png

Thanks guys!
no screw down, thats the worst thing for manual winds

overpriced, the stock g shocks can be had for $100 or less (i got the smaller one and paid $75 from macy i think) and then the kit is maybe $80 at aliexpress and it such an easy mod

from this:
8F61147A-3840-401E-B93B-80BDAEF41806.jpeg

to this:
293CF7F5-E355-465B-8DB0-3601A90FE86C.jpeg

as for which to get, simply subjective, get which looks better… to me the gshocks more fun (especially modding), will last longer, cheaper and easier to get
No longer need to do the mod. New model launching next month. Full metal solar casioak with Bluetooth connectivity.
Screenshot_20220727-144836_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220727-190116_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220727-192757_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Scooped one of these. Not sure if I'll keep it or not. This is my buddy wearing his. He has tiny wrists though, think it's small for me. Definitely smaller than the Casioaks.

IMG_20220727_172837.jpg

Back
Top Bottom