The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

My AD did say she cant sell me 2 stainless steel Rolexes in the same month. I gotta wait a bit (4-6 weeks). She told me this after I picked up my most recent one.

I only buy stainless steel though for now.

This I absolutely believe

Buying Rolexes but won’t spring for Knicks Finals (IF THEY EVER HAPPEN) is shameful behavior though

Last edited:
I mean I assume I could get straight if they’re in stock..

but they got a wait list.. I just could get whatever with a heads up on shortish notice.. and then I’d assume my guy would hit me up if i said I wanted something specific and another sale fell through

i try to be practical about it.. you let me know when you’d be able to sort me out

Hypothetical questions

If presented with both options from the AD which one would you pick and would you sell a currently owned date sub to be able to get a Batman down the road?
IMG-20230408-WA0012.jpeg

IMG-20230408-WA0010.jpeg

i prefer the blue but want in with a jubilee bracelet, i want both though

as for subdate vs gmt2, just depends what you want more, if you like the gmt over the sub then sell the sub

if i had to choose,and can only keep one, i personally prefer the sub no date over the gmt2

i prefer the blue but want in with a jubilee bracelet, i want both though

as for subdate vs gmt2, just depends what you want more, if you like the gmt over the sub then sell the sub

if i had to choose,and can only keep one, i personally prefer the sub no date over the gmt2

For some reason the jubilee hasn't grown on me. The option was presented to get the day just in order to ultimately get the gmt2 which the Batman is one of my grails. The subdate was on that grails list which I've had it for 4 years and love it like day one, but deep down if I had to part ways with it in order to get the gmt2 I wouldn't hesitate since it's higher on my grail list.

thats a nice problem, they offer you to buy one of the harder to find dj's so you can get the gmt2 later

i wish that was offered to me :lol: been asking for that fluted dial dj36

thats a nice problem, they offer you to buy one of the harder to find dj's so you can get the gmt2 later

i wish that was offered to me :lol: been asking for that fluted dial dj36
I know right, I wasn't even interested in the date just in the gmt2 but then I saw the blue and green dials, they definitely peaked my interest. I was even willing to get a OP41 with the silver dial until the date just blue and green came into the conversation.

Pretty interesting fact I didnt know: Gerald Genta regrets not having designed the Rolex Oyster + he designed the Rolex King Midas.

Is there a watch that you would have liked to
have designed?

I regret not having designed the Oyster!
Because, to me, it represents the biggest
success in watchmaking. Today, we can-
not find a single watch that could possibly
stand up to and pose a challenge to the
Oyster in terms of stylistic breakthrough!

Are you good for your Seattle trip?

I decided to just eat whatever I come across and trust my cousin's spots (he lives in seattle). im only there for 3 days and 1 1/2 of the days are dedicated to lake colchuck and leavenworth.

that hike is gonna be a ***** lol.

i do want to get bubble tea at "dont yell at me"

I decided to just eat whatever I come across and trust my cousin's spots (he lives in seattle). im only there for 3 days and 1 1/2 of the days are dedicated to lake colchuck and leavenworth.

that hike is gonna be a ***** lol.

i do want to get bubble tea at "dont yell at me"

You’ll have fun

Leavenworth is interesting - not a ton to do

PM if I can help at all

For some reason the jubilee hasn't grown on me. The option was presented to get the day just in order to ultimately get the gmt2 which the Batman is one of my grails. The subdate was on that grails list which I've had it for 4 years and love it like day one, but deep down if I had to part ways with it in order to get the gmt2 I wouldn't hesitate since it's higher on my grail list.
Seems like your decision has been made.

Go get the BLNR.

Was able to visit an AP boutique in Hong Kong and try on some Royal Oak’s with my pops and brother .

I’m in love with the 37 fits my small wrists nicely but apparently it’s the hardest size to get at the moment .
FD2B74FC-6A20-41C1-B820-B00EC66D068D.jpeg

Gonna fly out to singapore in two weeks to beg for a royal oak. Since my dad is getting his 41mmRoyal oak chronograph in rose gold .

The HK store told me i would have a chance to get there since i check a lot of the boxes . My pops has a decent record and i’m getting married this december . I’m praying i get one

Attachments

• A29056C8-1D56-43D5-BE4C-E6BBA4D72A7E.jpeg
    A29056C8-1D56-43D5-BE4C-E6BBA4D72A7E.jpeg
    392.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 801F93F3-80FD-4931-9FA0-43D229CD4657.jpeg
    801F93F3-80FD-4931-9FA0-43D229CD4657.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 196
theyre lying

jumbo will forever be the hardest to get

but yeah one of the better ways to get one is to get grandfathered in

best of luck and grats on the nuptials, the RO would look sick with your tux

theyre lying

jumbo will forever be the hardest to get

but yeah one of the better ways to get one is to get grandfathered in

best of luck and grats on the nuptials, the RO would look sick with your tux
Yea they said it was the jumbo ultra thin but i wasn’t into that since the lugs make it look huge on me. They just said it’s the 37 then the 41 then the 34 as the hardest to get.

but thank you as well man

Back
Top Bottom