The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Got these gifts from my wife, they’re much nicer pieces than i thought they would be imo :nthat:
5ECC1F93-A9DA-4A03-8F72-338AECA74B2D.jpeg

i know for a fact that they sell them and rolex do not take them back

they paid for them upfront so they can sell it if they want

also, those models thats been discontinued thats already en route to ADs, they still get sold so you might still see some discontinued models delivered to ADs moving forward

rolex only really takes back watches with errors and/or mistakes

i know for a fact that they sell them and rolex do not take them back

they paid for them upfront so they can sell it if they want

also, those models thats been discontinued thats already en route to ADs, they still get sold so you might still see some discontinued models delivered to ADs moving forward

rolex only really takes back watches with errors and/or mistakes

I meant I doubt it with regard to my AD having any of the milgauss

Not I doubt what you said

But I did reach out to him

My guy is checking what the deal is on Monday, he said he thinks they have 1.. albeit a ”display only” model

so going see which one and what the deal is

Decided to buy my first "luxury" watch as I turn 30 later this month.
After going back and forth between Grand Seiko and Omega I opted for GS. Pictures really don't do it justice. I kind of wish it showed up more pink in person actually.

SBGA413 "Shunbun"
Screenshot 2023-04-15 221742.png
Screenshot 2023-04-15 221800.png
Screenshot 2023-04-15 221813.png
Screenshot 2023-04-15 221825.png
Screenshot 2023-04-15 221837.png
Screenshot 2023-04-15 221847.png
Screenshot 2023-04-15 221900.png
Great choice, beautiful piece. Happy 30th!

great choice on the GS

make sure to sign up at GS9 Club and register your watch and you might get some freebies/swag

Thinkin of getting a datejust 36 YG, but considering how much id be able to wear the watch since it’d be too flashy to wear and having the risk of robbery with the situation these days.

Anyone else have some stories they can share? How safe is it for yall to wear your expensive timepieces.

Thinkin of getting a datejust 36 YG, but considering how much id be able to wear the watch since it’d be too flashy to wear and having the risk of robbery with the situation these days.

Anyone else have some stories they can share? How safe is it for yall to wear your expensive timepieces.
Think it depends where you live, and where you go at what time blah blah to some degree. Some places are worse than others, and you can be more cautious to prevent theft.

You want to flash your astronomia around then go stand on a dark street corner in a high crime area….

As opposed to broad daylight with your gang you should be good….”should”.

Think it depends where you live, and where you go at what time blah blah to some degree. Some places are worse than others, and you can be more cautious to prevent theft.

You want to flash your astronomia around then go stand on a dark street corner in a high crime area….

As opposed to broad daylight with your gang you should be good….”should”.

Locally, I only go to malls and restaurants. But when i drop some serious coin for a piece, id like to think that id be able to enjoy and bring em out abroad too when i travel.

Im in 40s, and if you are in that age bracket, you know that everyones busy with their small infants and family lol. I mostly travel and go out solo these days, more time efficient and less hassle.

Not just talking bout sketchy parts of the area of town, but ive seen horror stories of folks getting robbed in good areas of ny, la, barcelona, paris etc.

Yup, I was offered a Hulk, after it was discontinued, but knew it would end my chance of getting a Daytona.
How did this work? Were you on the list for a Daytona, but then the AD actually call you with the potential alternative to cop the Hulk?

Congrats - nothing beats a no-date Sub.

I saw the Tulum robbery article this morning and I started thinking about whether or not there's even a point to owning a nice watch anymore.

I used to wear my 40mm yellow gold presidential around NYC and give 0 f*cks. Last time I visted, I felt uncomfortable wearing something as low-key as a stainless Daytona.

Visiting Europe this summer and definitely not taking a watch with me.

It seems like Vegas is the only place I travel to where I can feel comfortable wearing a nice watch.

Basically I question if it's even worth stepping it up to the next tier of watches in the near future.
Just wanna say: Munich is real safe, so no worries about wearing it this summer

Locally, I only go to malls and restaurants. But when i drop some serious coin for a piece, id like to think that id be able to enjoy and bring em out abroad too when i travel.

Im in 40s, and if you are in that age bracket, you know that everyones busy with their small infants and family lol. I mostly travel and go out solo these days, more time efficient and less hassle.

Not just talking bout sketchy parts of the area of town, but ive seen horror stories of folks getting robbed in good areas of ny, la, barcelona, paris etc.

I’ve posted my stories in all the cities you mentioned - you’ll be fine if you don’t act like a hooligan

I’m def a bit more aware of my surroundings if I’m wearing my watches. If I have to go back to the hood to visit someone, I won’t wear it.

We had a spree here in the summer where people would stalk instagrams (recents tab) for certain high end restaurants. And people would flex their watch on non private Instagram stories and those people would be targeted after dinner/brunch parties. It was a mess here during the summer.

Get it insured.

The odds of getting robbed for your Rollie are extremely low. Now you can increase those odds if you move reckless but like others have mentioned just be aware of your surroundings and you will be fine.

How did this work? Were you on the list for a Daytona, but then the AD actually call you with the potential alternative to cop the Hulk?

I actually wasn’t on the list for anything, but my AD hit me and asked me if I wanted a Hulk. He said this was going to be the last one.

I was about to ask for the Daytona, so I declined.

I actually wasn’t on the list for anything, but my AD hit me and asked me if I wanted a Hulk. He said this was going to be the last one.

I was about to ask for the Daytona, so I declined.

ADs still have hulks available?

Back
Top Bottom