The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Wore the Grand Seiko out for the first time since picking it up. Titanium is crazy light and comfortable. It's gained maybe 1/2 sec since I set it on Saturday. That second hand sweep is mesmerizing.

20230421_011322-01.jpeg

E43A87EC-1229-4A56-BE92-8DF2C496DA55.jpeg
1163206D-A9D4-4C59-A6D3-C0A9FAB9D6FA.jpeg

Okay so update on what i said on the previous pages.

Went with my pops to pick up his Chronograph Royal Oak in Rose Gold.

Side note There was a guy and his friend in LV Air force ones bro was rocking the ceramic blue AP looked nice irl. He was picking up the open work AP.

Anyway i talked to my guy told him how im getting older and getting married and i think i can afford an AP now. He looks at my wrists and recommends me a 37mm. Then we talk about what watches he can get to me before my wedding for me and my fiancé.

We go over what i can realistically get/afford . He of course says the jumbo ultra thin is impossible .

He basically told me I should expect a grey face , white face 37 and 34 for my fiancee before our wedding. Couldnt be happier .

:nthat:

also, where the hell is Omega?

theyre more concerned about the moonswatch?

There has to be a SMP overhaul in the pipeline…

2018 was the last time they reworked the SMP’s…Since the Co-Axial revamp in 2006 they’ve updated the model every 6 years, so that would logically put a new model in 2024…BUT, this year is the 30th anniversary of the SMP 300 and we all know how much Omega loves their anniversary’s…

There has to be a SMP overhaul in the pipeline…

2018 was the last time they reworked the SMP’s…Since the Co-Axial revamp in 2006 they’ve updated the model every 6 years, so that would logically put a new model in 2024…BUT, this year is the 30th anniversary of the SMP 300 and we all know how much Omega loves their anniversary’s…
Yeah that's what I said. There is no word on when the Omega Days event is

I have a feeling this will be a strong year for them. If they play it right they can get some of the customers Rolex are turning off.

All this Rolex and omega talk just reminds me how much I laugh whenever I see dudes complaining about the Moonswatch and how Omegas making it difficult and making them jump through hoops and it's turning them off the brand when these same dudes will happily turn around and cop a Jesus piece and a rollie they don't even want from an AD just to get a chance to cop something they want.

are people complaining about the moonswatch?

not going lie, if i had an omega.. i'd probably complain

but i'm glad as hell i havent had to jump through the hoops of trying to develop a relaitonship with an AD for a rolex or to enable me to get he rolex i've wanted

I think people have a sour taste on the MoonSwatch because, in recent years, Omega (And Cartier even more so) have sort of been the brands that people who get tired of doing the Rolex dance turn to…For them to have to jump through those same types of hoops for the MoonSwatch is bad optics on Omega’s part for sure…

Said this year would be my first luxury watch, and I really would like to have a Rolex (Batgirl to be specific), but these over retail prices for used. I had no idea lol

Prices have definitely increased slightly on secondary. Been eying a 124060 for over a year now thinking it would come down…

Said this year would be my first luxury watch, and I really would like to have a Rolex (Batgirl to be specific), but these over retail prices for used. I had no idea lol

i wouldn't pay over retail for a pre-owned piece, unless it was discontinued and can't be had new.

as for prices in general, it comes down to what you value the most. do you want it now? do you mind waiting? do you mind spending money to build your purchase history in hopes of getting a call for a watch you want, even though it may never come?

personally, i wouldn't waste the time, money, or effort to buy a bunch of watches i don't care for just to get into good graces with an AD.

i wouldn't pay over retail for a pre-owned piece, unless it was discontinued and can't be had new.

as for prices in general, it comes down to what you value the most. do you want it now? do you mind waiting? do you mind spending money to build your purchase history in hopes of getting a call for a watch you want, even though it may never come?

personally, i wouldn't waste the time, money, or effort to buy a bunch of watches i don't care for just to get into good graces with an AD.

I agree on not paying for a pre owned that’s still being produced. I have no problem waiting for a watch and as you said, not interested in spending money on items I’m not interested in nor will wear.

Back
Top Bottom